Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404177 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 5070

Thread: The Official European Football Thread

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

DLN is very certainly partying like a madman!
    I'm sure he can't sit for a week! His asshole is as big as the Berlin stadium. That fag!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Argentina 2:1 Mexico

Damn, I'd love to see those gauchos bite the dust soon enough! I just can't stand them, and that fat ball Maradonut agitating his puppy little boy's arms like an idiot. Grotesque!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2015 @ 03:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Everbody´s having a good time ?

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I do now

German fags are going to be kicked out by their first real opponent Argentina on Friday.

Dutch fags tomorrow

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Originally posted by Wawazat
    I do now

German fags are going to be kicked out by their first real opponent Argentina on Friday.
    You have to think that the winner of that game are top favourites to win the thing.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Comon Equador

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Name: Republic of Ecuador
    Independence: May 24, 1822 (from Spain)
    Type of government: Democratic Republic
    Area: 256,370 sq. kilometers
    Population: 13.2 million
    Capital City: Quito (population 1.2 million)
    Principal cities: Guayaquil, Quito, and Cuenca
    Official language: Spanish
    Currency: U.S. Dollar
    People

Population: 13,212,700 million (2004 est.)
    0 -14 years: 35% (male 2,430,303; female 2,351,166)
    15 -64 years 60% (male 4,116,289; female 4,198,667)
    65 years and over: 5% (male 284,082; female 329,727)
    Population density: 47.7 people per sq. km (one of the highest in South America)
    Population growth rate: 1.91%
    Birth rate: 24.94 births /1,000 population
    Death rate: 5.29 deaths /1,000 population
    Ethnic Division:
    Mestizo (mixed Indigenous and Spanish): 65%
    Indigenous: 25%
    Spanish: 7%
    Black: 3%
    Indigenous groups: over 40 indigenous nations including the Quichua, Huaorani, Shuar (Jivaro), Achuar, Cofan, Siona, Secoya, Otavaleño, Tchatchilas (Colorados), Zaparo, Salasacas, Canaris, Saraguro & Chachi
    Languages: Spanish (official), numerous indigenous tongues. Quichua, the language of the Incas, is the most widely spoken indigenous language. English is commonly spoken among professionals and tourism providers.
    Religion: 95% Roman Catholic, however most mestizos and indigenous converts combine Catholicism with animistic practices and beliefs.

Social Welfare

Net migration rate: -8.58 migrant(s) /1,000 population (2004 est)
    Infant mortality rate: 31.97 deaths /1,000 live births
    Life expectancy at birth: 71.89 (male: 69.06; female: 74.86)
    Total fertility rate: 2.99 children born /woman
    HIV/AIDS (adult prevelence rate): .03% (2001 est.)
    Poverty (% of population below national poverty line): 65%
    Child malnutrition (% of children under 5): 45% (2001)
    Access to improved water source: 70% (2001)
    Literacy: 92.5% of the population over 15 years of age (male:94%; female: 91%)
    Geography

Location: north western South America, bordering the Pacific Ocean at the Equator, between Colombia and Peru
    Border countries: Colombia 590 km, Peru 1,420 km
    Area: 256,370 sq. km.- roughly the size of the U.S. State of Colorado
    Coastline: 2,237 kilometers
    Elevation extremes:
    Lowest point: Pacific Ocean, 0 meters
    Highest point: Chimborazo Volcano, 6,310 meters
    (note: Cotopaxi Volcano in the Andes is the highest active volcano in world)
    Climate: tropical along the coast and in the Amazon region, and cooler in the highlands
    Terrain: coastal plain (Costa), inter-Andean highlands (Sierra), rolling eastern rainforest plain (Oriente) & the Galapagos Island Archipelago
    Natural resources: oil, fish, timber, and various minerals
    Land use:
    Arable land: 6%
    Permanent crops: 5%
    Permanent pastures: 18%
    Forests and woodlands: 56%
    Other: 15% (2001)
    Natural hazards: frequent earthquakes, landslides, volcanic activity, and periodic droughts
    Volcanic history: Ecuador has many active volcanoes, as well as one of the greatest densities of volcanoes in the world. Active volcanoes include Cotopaxi, Sangay, Reventador, Tungurahua & Guagua Pichincha.
    Ecology & Environment

Overview: In the Ecuadorian Amazon, which represents just two percent of the whole basin, live one-third of all the bird species in the entire Amazon region, and 10 percent of all the tree species on earth. Over 24 tropical life zones are found in Ecuador (according to the Holdridge Life Zone system) including: mangrove swamp, dry tropical forest, tropical cloud forest, paramo, and tropical lowland rainforest. Due to its great variety of life zones, Ecuador boasts one the highest levels of bio-diversity in the world. For example one hectare of lowland rainforest can contain as many frog species as in all of North America; one tree can contain more ant species than in all of the British Isles combined; and of the world's known bird species (about 9,000), pint-sized Ecuador is home to over 1,500. Ecuador also has one of the greatest levels of endemism anywhere in the world.

Species:

mammals: 302
    plants: 18,250
    birds: 1,559
    reptiles: 374
    amphibians: 402
    freshwater fish: 706

Threatened species:

mammals: 20
    plants: 375
    birds: 50
    reptiles: 12
    amphibians: 0
    freshwater fish: 0

% of habitat remaining:

forests: 96.3
    grasslands: 75.9
    wetlands: no data

Total area protected (ha): 11,114 (2001)
    % of land area protected: 39.3 (2001)
    No. of areas protected over 100,000 ha in size: 46.7 (2001)
    No. of areas protected over 1 million ha in size: 6.7 (2001)
    Current environmental issues: deforestation; soil erosion; desertification; water pollution; pollution from oil production wastes in ecologically sensitive areas of the Amazon Basin and Galapagos Islands

International environmental agreements: Antarctic-Environmental Protocol, Antarctic Treaty, Biodiversity, Climate Change, Climate Change-Kyoto Protocol, Desertification, Endangered Species, Hazardous Wastes, Ozone Layer Protection, Ship Pollution, Tropical Timber 83, Tropical Timber 94, Wetlands

Government

Type of government: Democratic Republic
    Capital: Quito
    Current President: Lucio Gutierrez
    Administrative division: 21 provinces - Azuay, Bolivar, Canar, Carchi, Chimborazo, Cotopaxi, El Oro, Esmeraldas, Galapagos, Guayas, Imbabura, Loja, Los Rios, Manabi, Morona-Santiago, Napo, Pastaza, Pichincha, Sucumbios, Tungurahua, Zamora-Chinchipe
    Suffrage: 18 years of age, universal, compulsory for literate people ages 18-65
    Infrastructure

Internet Service Providers: 31
    Internet dial-up accounts: 39,700 (2001)
    Internet users per 100: 1.7 (2001 est.)
    PC ownership: 20.3 per 1,000 (2001 est.)
    Cable TV subscribers: 78,200 (2001)
    Main phones lines: 1,426,200; Per 100: 11 (2001 est.)
    Cellphone subscribers: 1,560,900; Per 100: 7.1 (2001 est.)
    Roads paved: 18.9% (2000)
    Economy (USD billions unless otherwise noted)

Overview: Ecuador has substantial oil resources and rich agricultural areas. Because the country exports primary products such as oil, bananas, and shrimp, fluctuations in world market prices can have a substantial domestic impact.

GDP: 41.7
    GDP real growth rate: 3.3%
    GDP per capita: USD $3,100
    Gross domestic investment/GDP: 12.2 (1999)
    Exports of goods and services/GDP: 37.3 (1999)
    Gross domestic savings/GDP: 24.9 (1999)
    Gross national savings/GDP: 24.8 (1999)
    TradeCurrent account balance/GDP: 5.0 (1999)
    Interest payments/GDP: 3.6 (1999)
    Debt - external 14.4
    GDP composition by sector (2001):
    Agriculture: 11%
    Industry: 33%
    Services: 56%
    Economic Aid - recipient: 120 million
    Labor force: 3.7 million
    Population distribution by occupation:
    Agriculture: 30%
    Industry: 25%
    Services and other activities: 45% (2001 est.)
    Inflation rate: 6.1% (yearend 2003 est.)
    Unemployment rate: 7.7% with widespread underemployment (2001)
    Poverty (% of population below national poverty line): 65%
    Main industries: oil, mining, food processing, textiles, metal work, paper products, wood products, chemical production, plastics, fishing, lumber, tourism
    Main agriculture products: bananas, coffee, cacao, rice, potatoes, manioc, plantains, sugarcane, cattle, sheep, pigs, beef, pork, dairy, balsa wood, fish, shrimp
    Trade (USD billion)

Total exports: 4.9
    Export commodities: petroleum, bananas, shrimp, coffee, cocoa, cut flowers, fish
    Total imports: 6.0
    Import commodities: machinery and equipment, chemicals, raw materials, fuels; consumer goods

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

England fans held by riot police

Police in Stuttgart are dealing with the confrontation between fans
    Riot police are removing England fans from Stuttgart's main square.
    German police are taking away about 200 supporters who were being held together in a corner of the city's main square. Chairs and bottles were thrown earlier by small groups of rival fans.

The rest of the square has been filled with thousands watching the Argentina vs Mexico match on the big screen.

Of the 122 England fans arrested in Stuttgart on Friday night all are likely to be held until Monday.

Currently, police are surrounding the remaining fans in the square but the atmosphere has eased.

Up to 50 fans were arrested earlier in the evening and over the course of the evening up to 200 fans have been gradually led away by German police.

Germany win

BBC News's Claire Heald said German fans were leaving the square following Germany's 2-0 win over Sweden but a small group had refused to move past a bar in which England supporters had gathered and riot police moved in.

English and German fans are singing songs at each other in a good-natured but rowdy atmosphere - but in hot conditions a lot of beer is being drunk

Claire Heald

In pictures: England fans

Missiles were thrown during the initial confrontation and the police, some on horseback, then created a barrier to keep the fans about 50m apart.

During the clash several English and German fans exchanged punches and one man in a Germany shirt was seen with his face covered in blood, the Press Association news agency reported.

Erwin Hetger, head of the state police, said: "We had no problems at all with the French, Swiss and Dutch fans that were having a great party here.

"It all changed when the English fans arrived. The atmosphere changed. The incidents began late yesterday evening."

He praised the help he had received from the British police who are in Germany for the tournament.

Earlier, police warned that any fans arrested could miss England's match against Ecuador on Sunday.

But they have stressed that the majority of the expected 60,000 England fans set to watch the game in Stuttgart had not caused authorities any problems.

On Friday, police had tried to move a group of drunken fans in the main square who were singing songs insulting to Germans and other nationalities.

But the group refused to disperse and some threw bottles and chairs, as well as singing racist chants. One man has been charged with assault, after allegedly throwing a chair which hit a Tunisia fan.

Arrested fans could miss the England match on Sunday

The arrests on Friday night and in the early hours of Saturday more than doubled the number of UK citizens held so far during the World Cup.

Total arrests of all nationalities during the tournament stands at more than 4,000.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

UK citizens?

Fuck off BBC

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Same old song again. It's only in football that you'll find such cunts - I mean brainwashed and violent supporters.
    That kind of things never occurs around rugby matches!

Ecuador...

When they played their first match, I was watching it at my fave pub, and the game wasn't of much interest for anybody... safe 3 customers, including a lovely gal, who yelled with joy when the Ecuadorian team scored their first goal. Everybody looked at them and sympathized, as they told us they were from Ecuador, and I said: "Well, we didn't know which team to support, but now we do!"
    They were very cool and funny folks, and we had a nice time though they didn't speak French a lot.

As far as sports, the only champion from Ecuador that I know is Andres Gomez, a left-handed tennis player who beat Agassi in the final of Roland Garros in 1990, at the age of 30. He had told the press that, as Lendl wouldn't play that year, he would win the tournament (the Czekoslovakian beat him around the 1/4 finals every year), which he did.

As for being any worry for the English team... Well, you never know, after all. There was some more evidence tonight when Argentina had trouble beating Mexico, supposed to be a very modest team (in comparison). But I don't think the match will be of any difficulty for England. The next round will be something else!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you didn't already realise I'm a sad bitter man. I've been listening to 3 weeks of fucking garbage from the English media so have become psychotically anti English...again. You would too.

I have many English pals but when it comes to football I become an asshole...

Still think my prediction about Germany winning 20 pages back will happen. I wish I had put some money on it.

Cheers!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    If you didn't already realise I'm a sad bitter man.
    Then you're the funniest sad bitter man around!

Cheers!

I've been listening to 3 weeks of fucking garbage from the English media so have become psychotically anti English...again. You would too.
    Well, I think it's just as pitiful here in France as in England, really. Don't blame it on the English too much.
    But I know what you mean. There's nothing more kickass than watching Scottish folks cheering at the sight of an English team of anything losing a match.

Still think my prediction about Germany winning 20 pages back will happen. I wish I had put some money on it.
    Any winner BUT Argentina!

U.S.V.H. PRIME CHOICE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2013 @ 05:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I just watched Mexico bend over to Argentina in a Emergency Room filled with Spaniards. It was very slow & boring to watch, but waited 4 hours for my wife and I saw the whole thing. Some Black lady and her hubby sat down next to me and said why do people like this boring sport? as I turned to answer the room gasped as the only highlight of 3 hours just slipped by me and the line to check in expanded 3 fold for Prozac.
    Dont Cry for Me......

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I remember in 1998 even with poor French picking up a newspaper in Paris the day after we got beat in the opening game of the world cup 2-1 by Brazil. It said that the French commuters assumed we had won and were shocked to find out the result because we were partying so much.

I nearly got arrested before the game and shamed the whole cuntry. There were 8 of us in kilts drunk obviously and got some girls to write S C O T L A N D on our asses in lipstick.

We then climbed up a fountain beside the town hall in Paris and were about to expose ourselves while laughing our asses off in front of 5000 people and the TV cameras when suddenly from nowhere a 100 of the French Riot police lined up.

We were just having fun but were worried that they might not get the joke and never did it. I had spent some time in France working in previous years and knew that those fuckers were scary nutcases with a bad reputation and told everyone to not do it.

I kind of still regret that...

Cheers!

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Go Australia! That sport needs renewal. The Aussie team brought some welcome refreshment. A very promising 1st round.
    Beating Italy would nail it all. The Squadra Azzura are in for a hiding!

They've done good for the sport here. We'll definitely give it to the Italian team and will be very satisfying if we can knock them out.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I recieved a picture from my German friend this morning which I want to share with you guys!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Timmyyyyyyyyyy

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by jero
    I recieved a picture from my German friend this morning which I want to share with you guys!
    oh what a night...

this is one of the biggest parties in world history so far...and fuck those english assholes...they should be banned for their "fans" and scotland should get a "wild card" every four years for having the best motherfucking fans in the world!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hello my friends and Wawazat,

just a couple of hours to see the future worldchamp beat the snail eaters from Portugal. Where are the Portugese Army members? Or don't they have internet yet?

And DLN, thanks for the picture!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

so what...? no score...

that's your problem...the dutch are the anna kurnikovas of football...nice to watch but they can't win shit...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hello my friends and Wawazat,

just a couple of hours to see the future worldchamp beat the snail eaters from Portugal. Where are the Portugese Army members? Or don't they have internet yet?

And DLN, thanks for the picture!
    hey jero...when I hear your "WE'LL WIN THE WORLDCUP"-screaming one of my favorite rothisms comes in mind...when hagar gave one bitching interview after the other about him dave said: "you know which animal in the jungle makes the loudest noise? the most frightend..."

when you get kicked out tonight you'd better be off for a week or two because we'll give the expression "eat your words" a new meaning for you

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hello my friends and Jero,

why has anybody stopped placing bets except DLN ?

Fear of the dirty secretary ??

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

when you get kicked out tonight you'd better be off for a week or two because we'll give the expression "eat your words" a new meaning for you

No way bro, that would be faggot behaviour!
    If we lose, I'll be the first online, so I can say it's the ref, we played better, everyone is against us, did you see that? That was a penalty... But I'm sorry dude, it won't happen!
    Last edited by jero; 06-25-2006 at 11:58 AM.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's so funny, the most of us are 35+ and nothing has changed since we left school!
    It's good to be man & footballfan!!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    so what...? no score...

that's your problem...the dutch are the anna kurnikovas of football...nice to watch but they can't win shit...
    Ok Ok, I give you one. It's the Kurnikova of the goals

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...erlands+elftal

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can sniff Portugal 2:3 Holland... A great match for sure, at least.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

thnx dude I need that. Right fuckin now it's 1-0

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Portuguese will play with 10 players... Some goals in perspective!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Come Holland GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

thnx dude I need that. Right fuckin now it's 1-0
    hehehe

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Dutch have been very, VERY clumsy so far tonight...

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Does a football team really need eleven players??

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2018 @ 04:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

There's just a wee problem

Polly Vernon
    Sunday June 25, 2006
    The Observer

Here we go, there we go ...

It has so far been a near-perfect success - with brilliant stadiums, a chilled-out atmosphere and a near-total absence of hooligans. The only thing the organisers of the World Cup appear to have got wrong is the number of toilets provided. Biologists have warned that trees in Berlin are in danger of dying because of male fans urinating in the bushes. The huge, leafy 'fan mile' in the centre of the city has regularly been attracting crowds of up to 700,000 who have gathered to drink beer, eat sausages and watch games on giant screens - but it only has 280 portable loos. 'The urea sinks into the ground as ammonia. In small quantities this is a good fertiliser, but too much acidity is bad for the soil and could damage or even kill the trees,' warns Tilman Lamparter, a biologist at Berlin's Free University.

Don't look back in anger

Noel Gallagher arrived back in his seat, beer in hand, having just missed Joe Cole's long-range dipping volley that put England 1-0 up against Sweden. The Oasis guitarist and songwriter's ill-timed exit reopened the perennial debate among football fans: what's more important - drinking or watching the game?

The unBelievers

The Scots' appetite for deep-fried Mars bars has taken a turn for the worse since Mars launched promotional bars, renamed Believe, backing England during the World Cup. In protest at being enticed to support the Auld Enemy, Scots have found something else to satisfy their craving. An enterprising chip shop owner has come up with deep-fried Tunnock's Caramel Wafers, made in Glasgow.

Style notes

The football pundit does not have a long and proud tradition of fabulous style statements. Minds constantly occupied with world-class examples of Running, Kicking and Falling Over cannot be expected to also conjure up much in the way of a cohesive look. None the less, pundits are on telly, and accordingly can (and should) be judged on their relative achievements and failings in the field of fashion. Pundit chic is all about the shirts (because that's all anyone ever sees of these men). Gary Lineker's fondness for a candy-striped pastel design, for example, is adequately well-judged - those colourways set off his tan (the colour of cappuccino froth). I also approve of the simplicity of Ian Wright's sharp, chic city-style shirts - although he could feasibly lose the earring. I don't approve of bling on the over-forties. Alan Hansen, meanwhile, is not exhibiting much in the way of shirt flair. He's avoiding colour, which isn't a clever move on a man with skin tones as pallid as his. And his collars are routinely too small - Hansen has a relatively large head, and this serves only to draw attention to it.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now it's 10 vs 10...
    There's almost a riot on the ground...
    "Hijo de puta", said the Portuguese goal-keeper to a Dutch player. I could read on his lips.
    It's going to be tough for the Netherlands now. I'm afraid they'll regret their clumsy kicks...

But how stupid they were in both teams!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now it's 10 vs 10...
    There's almost a riot on the ground...
    "Hijo de puta", said the Portuguese goal-keeper to a Dutch player. I could read on his lips.
    It's going to be tough for the Netherlands now. I'm afraid they'll regret their clumsy kicks...

But how stupid they were in both teams!
    That is so cool how Portuguese is so close to Spanish!

Son of a bitch is said the same exact way in Spanish! I really want to learn Portuguese. I love the way it sounds.

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hehehe

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

i'm still learning spanish though.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don'tsh knowsh. Portugueesh maysh beesh cool to shpeak, perhapsh.
    Butsh you'dge better have a lishp, you shee.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Wawazat
    hehehe
    Yep, your party now!

Thread Information