X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm going to be a fool and try and do some sports betting on this tournament to add some spice.

Just put $5 on Marco Janko to be top scorer at 50-1.

Watch this space for other top tips...

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

How about you bet they run up and down a field for 3 hours, trying to kick a soccer ball into a net the size of a building, and failing! Final score: 0-0!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Watching the shearer ( all praise) bbc programme on euro 96. It's really good .
        Any hoo it's put me in the mood for the tournament.

I've snuck a little money on Austria to win it 40-1. Win their group convincingly.
        Good call with the Austria thing, I put money on Janko to win the golen boot at 50-1!

I just watched the Shearer documentary and I appreciate that they did sort of mention in passing a few negative things I would bring up about that tournament but I will again anyway.

1) England fans always claim that they are somehow robbed by penalty shoot outs. In Euro 96 with home advantage they won one against a not so great Spanish team.

2) A Spanish team that should have knocked England out after having a good goal disallowed.

3) After losing the semi final 2000 England 'fans' rioted smashing up german made cars and stabbing foreigners.

4) Assuming that beating Germany in the semi final would have automatically meant England would have one is a bit of a stretch given how Germany only just scrapped it against the Czech's in the final.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but the warm glow of nostalgia thing can look a bit different from outside the bubble...

Comment

• jero
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Comment

• jero
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

dude what the fuck is wrong with German people?

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jero

That is so funny it all over Twitter
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Good call with the Austria thing, I put money on Janko to win the golen boot at 50-1!

I just watched the Shearer documentary and I appreciate that they did sort of mention in passing a few negative things I would bring up about that tournament but I will again anyway.

1) England fans always claim that they are somehow robbed by penalty shoot outs. In Euro 96 with home advantage they won one against a not so great Spanish team.

2) A Spanish team that should have knocked England out after having a good goal disallowed.

3) After losing the semi final 2000 England 'fans' rioted smashing up german made cars and stabbing foreigners.

4) Assuming that beating Germany in the semi final would have automatically meant England would have one is a bit of a stretch given how Germany only just scrapped it against the Czech's in the final.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but the warm glow of nostalgia thing can look a bit different from outside the bubble...
                I liked empire strikes back but return of the Jedi is a bit far fetched

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I had Poland to beat Northern Ireland 2-0 and lemon whisky to get one .
                  I am only putting on daft little bets to make it a bit more interesting
                  Last edited by vandeleur; 06-13-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

The thing with euro 96 .... Gazza goal basically bucking hendry who at the time was the top premiership center half .. That doesn't support the point I want to make but I like to say it

I genuinely think the result against a decent Dutch side , we looked like Brazil for the first time ever totally gave us fans who actually watched footy a sense of deluded optimism.

Sesh I don't think your ( what ever the opposite of nostalgia ) is a reflection of your memories of the England Scotland game . But I do like to think of you with a graham Taylor look on your face saying do I not like that as throw your can of tenants at the tv after gazza scored

I would like to take this moment to say I feel i only support England when there is a chance we could progress on to more days on the drink ..... Sorry I mean further in the competition.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                      dude what the fuck is wrong with German people?
                      We have something in common with Albania, Norhern Ireland or Turkey...WE are playing the EUROCUP
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

First money ... Got 5/1 for 1:1

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                          We have something in common with Albania, Norhern Ireland or Turkey...WE are playing the EUROCUP
                          Ah that's true man. I really hope you win and that you have a chance to shake hands with Joachim Löw!

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

His right hand!

Comment

• jero
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

part 2

Comment

• jero
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Part three (the man loves all the flavours; balls, ass & booger, like Germans do!)

Comment

Working...