X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

this thread will fire up the day after tomorrow, don't worry...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Just curious, Because I rarely watch soccer (Exceptions be the occasion the US is in contension to win something.), How do y'all think the 5th ranked? Yanks will Do?
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong here...but didn't the US move up to #4?

I saw an interview with Landon...and he laughed at the #4 ranking. He said there's no way that they were the #4 ranked team in the World, but they were probably as close knit a group of guys as they are...

They have the right focus...shoot for a tie (they say this publically...although you know their goal here is to shock the shit out of the Chech Republic) in their first two games...then beat Angola...and hope 3 points is enough to get them in the second round...

Now...I'm not sure how realistic this is...I know shit about Soccer...but for some reason...am pumped the fuck up about this cup...

The realistic goal for the US would be to make a statement in the 2010 Cup...when Donavan and Beasley are in their soccer prime...

but I would love to see the US get out of the tough draw they were put in...

Looking forward to the Cup overall...and hopefully will learn some shit from you guys throughout the tourney...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

We'll get Adu going next time too.....
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

That's the young kid's name...that I couldn't remember...

he had a chance of making this team right...isn't he still a teenager?

I've gotta tell you...

the area I live in is fucking soccer crazy...with UNC and Duke here...and their fantastic college programs...

We have one of the best just for soccer stadiums in the country here...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Wawazat
              ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Now...I'm not sure how realistic this is...I know shit about Soccer...but for some reason...am pumped the fuck up about this cup...

The realistic goal for the US would be to make a statement in the 2010 Cup...when Donavan and Beasley are in their soccer prime...

but I would love to see the US get out of the tough draw they were put in...

Looking forward to the Cup overall...and hopefully will learn some shit from you guys throughout the tourney...
              Hi Poji,

nice to see u round here.

In an german interview Keller is quoted "Lothar Matthäus deserves a kick in the butt for putting us in the group along with the chech´s and italy"

I think both games will be thrilling though.

Bad thing is it´s gonna be Brasil next if US makes it
              Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

No that's a good thing Wawazat! The US kicks the shit out of Brasil! (in every sport except football)

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You're pumped up about everything these days, first the silly Roth Leno thing and now this?

You can't imagine how big the World Cup is in a lot of places. I was in England at the weekend and even though it hasn't started yet half the cars and houses are decked out with flags. There is nothing else but football on the TV and radio.

As for the US chances?

They are maybe 10th or 15th best side there but also you have to remember there are quite a few European sides that aren't even there that are better than them since each continent sends a set number of teams. In other words there is a gap between Europe/South America and everyone else.

That said anything can happen in football because all you need is for the other team to miss a dozen chances and you to score your one half chance and you win.

After the group stage half the games end up being penalty shootouts which are just a lottery.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Lesson one

What you call a tie is called a draw.

A tie is the match itself, if it ends with an even score then it's a draw.

There are a lot of these differences but to be fair even your commentators don't seem to know shit.

Cheers!

Comment

• jero
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

And the second lesson, we call it football!

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                          LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          jetzt geht's lohooooooooooooooooos!!!
                          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                            jetzt geht's lohooooooooooooooooos!!!
                            yeah man! But no Ballack means no goals.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
                              yeah man! But no Ballack means no goals.
                              we fuck up anyway

rotharmy fooballtards!!!!

don't forget the CUNTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sesh and don corleone haven't placed their bets yet...
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Wawazat
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

And for those who do NOT like the game

Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

Working...