Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434480 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 5070

Thread: The Official European Football Thread

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And even that I really don't understand why? We always let them win, we feel sorry for the fact that they lost some game a couple of years ago!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jero
    Now Dirk, you know I respect you a lot, but don't you even dare to say that our players are unfair! Have you seen your team of actors the last three decades? Common Dave gimme a break!
    show me ONE player who wiped his ass with his opponents' shirt or split another one on the back of his head...this is the lowest you can get...sorry....
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thats true but in his defence it was Rudi Völler's hair he was spitting on.

It probably improved it.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showth...9&postid=69881

Germany's real arch-rivals?
    Uli Hesse-Lichtenberger

If you're English and reading this, I have awful news for you: the Germans don't hate you. They don't even dislike you. They don't even think it's unusually important to beat your teams at football.

When Aberdeen played Hertha in Berlin, their division of the Tartan Army sang 'We hate England more than you'. That confused me, because I wasn't aware that the Scots nurture a particular aversion to Germans. Then I realised I had got the chant wrong.

I thought it was meant to mean 'We hate England (even) more than we hate you', when in fact what they were saying was: 'We hate England more than you do'.

Sorry, Dons, bad news for you, too: we do not hate the English. In September 2001, I was in Munich for that now-legendary World Cup qualifier between Germany and 'In-ger-lund', on an assigment from a London magazine. The idea was to probe into the 'intense rivalry' by getting the supporters to explain why the match was so important.

Most of the English fans I spoke to admitted that playing Germany was indeed something special because of the war and a couple of other things, such as... well, the war. (My personal highlight of that day was the elderly lady who told me she had nothing against younger-generation Germans. Two minutes later a young and gruff waitress behaved quite rudely, whereupon the lady hissed at her: 'Thanks very much for being so German!')

The German fans, on the other hand, all gave me a blank stare. 'Rivalry? What nonsense!' Christian from Ulm said, speaking for the vast majority. 'Actually, I'd rather lose against England than against any other team.' He then went on to explain that Germans admire England's football culture and how every true German fan has an English club he supports.

I pointed out that it seems to be Liverpool for most people who are in their forties, due to those epic games against Mönchengladbach in the 1970s.

Then I said that I was younger and a Nottingham Forest buff. 'Well, you can't always win,' Christian said. Now, why have I chosen this topic of hostility? It's like this: I spent New Year's Eve on the Dutch coast, drinking Dutch beer ('Brand', if you're interested, much better than Heineken), wearing my SC Heerenveen shirt and reading Simon Kuper's new book 'Ajax, the Dutch, the War'.

Kuper lived in Holland during his youth, where he learned that every Dutchman fought in the Resistance and gave shelter to Jews during the occupation, thus earning the country the moral right to forever despise all things German.

Many years later Kuper went back to examine the truthfulness of this story by having a close look at how football players and teams spent the war years. I delved into his book with great enthusiasm, because it was obviously going to debunk the myth of Dutch inviolability in terms of morals. It's not that I hate the Dutch, far from it and Amsterdam is one of my two favourite cities.

However, as a German, you can never quite shed the feeling that the Dutch are looking down on you. Even my Dutch friends regularly make jokes about goose-stepping or whatever. Maybe I should have taken it as a sign that they considered me un-German enough to not feel offended, but still... it's this Dutch snootiness that has turned our meetings with Holland into the biggest grudge match we have.

Oh, there used to be other rivalries. Initially, of course, there was France: Germany had played Italy four times, England five times, Sweden eight times and Switzerland sixteen times before the first-ever Germany v France match could even get off the ground, such were the hostilities.

Later, our relationship with the French improved so much that not even Harald Schumacher's attempt to kill Patrick Battiston could ruin it.

That pretty much left Germans with Austria as the only team they felt they mustn't lose to - until that shameful match at the 1982 World Cup when the players conspired to make clear that going through was more important than mutual aversion.

Then the Dutch stepped into this void. Wim van Hanegem said: 'Every time I played against Germans I had a problem because of the war.'

Johnny Rep hit Schumacher. Ronald Koeman wiped his backside with Olaf Thon's shirt. Frank Rijkaard spat at Rudi Völler. That rankled with the Germans, because it was different from childish Bomber Harris impersonations: it was a display of contempt borne out of a feeling of superiority.

You can't say Germans didn't readily agree to having a new rivalry: when Holland failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup, there was even a German website where you could throw spliffs and tulips at Dutch players.

So I started Kuper's book with eagerness, hoping he would help to knock the Dutch off their pedestal. Boy, did he comply. And yet I never felt a tinge of satisfaction. 'Ajax, the Dutch, the War' is probably the most painful, bleakest football book I've ever read, all the more so as Kuper also overthrows a few English illusions so nonchalantly that you sense he could easily have been more severe.

When I got to the part where he travels to Israel and has all these people telling him that they support Ajax and the Holland side because the Dutch helped the Jews so much, I found myself hoping Kuper would not tell them the truth, briefly thinking: 'Let people keep their myths and sneer at Germans, we can live with it.' But that was dumb, of course.

The book isn't aimed at Germans. It's aimed at people who use myths to justify things such as, well, football hostilities. Give it a read; it's more demanding than the latest Man Utd hagiography but also more rewarding

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FUCK ITALY...FUCK THEM!!!! will you never ever complain again about a german diver!!! screwing the aussies with such a joke of a penalty!!! they should be cursed forever for that shitty behavior...

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    FUCK ITALY...FUCK THEM!!!! will you never ever complain again about a german diver!!! screwing the aussies with such a joke of a penalty!!! they should be cursed forever for that shitty behavior...
    fucking amen
    Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    what poji said:

i´m liking this futbol more and more

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GO THE YELLOW !!
    Originally posted by Wawazat
    Mmh? :confused:

Er!... GO THE RED !!

:confused: Er... GO THE REDLOW !!

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 06-26-2006 at 01:46 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tomorrow´s Party

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn this fucking sport!

There was NO penalty kick in the end of Italy-Australia! I've just seen the replay... Dammit!

May the ref and all those fags who still keep video from football stadiums agonize in abominable pains!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    show me ONE player who wiped his ass with his opponents' shirt or split another one on the back of his head...this is the lowest you can get...sorry....
    Dirk, you're getting to exited dude! I know why, you couldn't see through a brick wall for ages, but the reason why it's called schwalbe is not without a reason. So just relax my friend! Gaymany has won many many games with acting, not with palying football. So that's what you get....sorry....
    So one spit and a asswhipe with a shirt is nothing compared to a given titel by a ref for acting and not playing football. Shame on you!
    Last edited by jero; 06-26-2006 at 02:55 PM.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    Damn this fucking sport!

There was NO penalty kick in the end of Italy-Australia! I've just seen the replay... Dammit!

May the ref and all those fags who still keep video from football stadiums agonize in abominable pains!
    You're so right. But I'm afraid that if we do that Gaymany has to give their World Cup and European titels back!

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thats why Italy and Germany always win!
    I said it before, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL!
    Then, Jero, everybody here, let's be a bit serious for a while...

If it's got nothing to do with football, then will you tell me what it's about??

This is the uppermost competition of this sport, right?

So, if anything wrong (or right, at that!) happens, why wouldn't it be considered as a characteristic?

I say, it should, on the contrary!

The Ukrainian team was merely STOLEN, and this bloody fucking sport wouldn't be at stake?!

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!

I say, this sport is SICK, and it has been since the 1980s (or maybe even since the beginning), in particular.

If a certain concept of reality will mean nothing more to those motherfucking cretins who make football work, that is players, brainwashed supporters, rotten organisers, motherfucking trainers and all the rest who go tuttering in front of that shameful pretence, then, well, good on them. But I won't be part of it.

May they all go to fuck. This sport is a fucking bad joke. The hell with it.

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 06-26-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thats why Italy and Germany always win!
    I said it before, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL!
    oh...you bitter little cheeseball...we won because we were better than you...especially in 1974 and 1990...that makes holland not the anna kurnikova but the sammy hagars in football

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then, Jero, everybody here, let's be a bit serious for a while...

If it's got nothing to do with football, then will you tell me what it's about??

This is the uppermost competition of this sport, right?

So, if anything wrong (or right, a that!) happens, why wouldn't it be considered as a characteristic?

I say, it should, on the contrary!

The Ukrainian team was merely STOLEN, and this bloody fucking sport wouldn't be at stake?!

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!

I say, this sport is SICK, and it has been since the 1980s (or maybe even since the beginning), in particular.

If a certain concept of reality will mean nothing more to those motherfucking cretins who make football work, that is players, brainwashed supporters, rotten organisers, motherfucking trainers and all the rest who go tuttering in front of that shameful pretence, then, well, good on them. But I won't be part of it.

May they all go to fuck. This sport is a fucking bad joke. The hell with it.
    there were always ups and downs in this sport...there were always wrong decisions or riots or bad referees...what really sucks is what obviously happened in italy or belgium (and in small parts in germany)...I think that (all serious) the world cup is a great party so far...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Out of the remaining 10 games, 8 should be really good.

Italy Ukraine will be shit and the final usually isn't good but the other 8 look like great matches(especially if France get knocked out tomorrow).

Cheers!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Scolari's World Cup Record for the last 4 years.

Played 11
    Won 11
    Drawn 0
    Lost 0

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ooof!

Swedish fans before the game with Germany.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-26-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Elfmeterschiessen

Wer hat´s erfunden ??

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    oh...you bitter little cheeseball...we won because we were better than you...especially in 1974 and 1990...that makes holland not the anna kurnikova but the sammy hagars in football
    ahh just let me! Life is bitter for me these days. But this thread makes it a little better! But to compare us to Sammy Hagar is the beginning og WW111

How's everybody doing?

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuckin´great Jero,

my beloved brazilian team is makin´it to the 1/4 finals today.

Second game will be fun to check who will be the up coming opponent.

Hope it´s gonna be spain for the better of futbol

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And it's even your birthday this week! Congrats dude!

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thx,

icing on my cake:

on friday the german fags will be kicked out.

I´ll be jumping in the middle of the crowd, wearing Argentina´s Shirt.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just don't understand! You're a German right? Why is it that you don't support your national team? is is because you love the game so much?

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly for the love of the game.

I follow Brasil for many years now, watch their qaulifikation matches for World Cup on tv, most everything i can get.

The other thing i like is to follow the Champions League

I´m not at all interested in the German League, it´s boring shite.

proof: all of the 3 swiss geeks not able to make 1 goal yesterday play in Germany.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

proof: all of the 3 swiss geeks not able to make 1 goal yesterday play in Germany.
    Well we got the striker of Arsenal (van Persie) the sriker of Chelsea (Robben) the striker of Man United (van Nistelrooij) and the striker of Feyenoord (Kuyt). Not one goal against the 9 of Portugal.
    What a fags!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ahh just let me! Life is bitter for me these days. But this thread makes it a little better! But to compare us to Sammy Hagar is the beginning og WW111

How's everybody doing?
    I cry from heavy laughing whenever I open this thread...for the love of the game...

and LMFAO @ wawazat "wer hat's erfunden?" ...classic...

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn this fucking sport!

That "penalty" has polarised our nation.

To go out in such a way is like copping a bagging in the gut.

I'm confident we woud've beaten the Azzurri in extra time. We controlled the 2nd half after that Italian was red-carded and had plenty of subs in store. The Italians would've gotten tired.

We had still so much more to prove and it's disappointing at the way we were kncoked out with 12 bloody seconds to go. The ref needs his bloody head examined to give such a cheap penalty at that point in time!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First up the Italian shouldn't have been sent off that was a yellow card.

Secondly looking at the penalty again it was a bit soft but he was definitely obstructed. Maybe it should have been an indirect free kick?

As far as Australia winning in extra time it looked more like going to penalties.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Grant
    That "penalty" has polarised our nation.

To go out in such a way is like copping a bagging in the gut.

I'm confident we woud've beaten the Azzurri in extra time. We controlled the 2nd half after that Italian was red-carded and had plenty of subs in store. The Italians would've gotten tired.

We had still so much more to prove and it's disappointing at the way we were kncoked out with 12 bloody seconds to go. The ref needs his bloody head examined to give such a cheap penalty at that point in time!
    The Aussies played like us! No spirit. Thats what you get when you hire a Dutch coach these days

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Seshmeister
    First up the Italian shouldn't have been sent off that was a yellow card.
    I can agree with that.

Obstructed? He might as well jump!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Aussies played like us! No spirit. Thats what you get when you hire a Dutch coach these days
    Yeah we were a tad earie this time round. We needed our subs in 2nd half when needed, dunno why Guus didn't bring them all on.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe he was playing for penalties so was saving them for ET?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ronaldo set to play

Tuesday 27 June 2006

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo looks set to play in Saturday's quarter-final clash against England despite limping out of the 1-0 win against Holland.

Team doctor Henrique Jones believes the Manchester United star has an 80 per cent chance of playing in the game and expects him to return to full training on Thursday or Friday.

Ronaldo had to be substituted in the first half of the Dutch game after being caught on the thigh by Khalid Boulahrouz and was replaced by Simao Sabrosa as Portugal went on the win the bad-tempered match 1-0.

Portugal are already without Deco and Costinha, who were both sent off in a game which saw 16 yellow cards and four dismissals.

Ronaldo said of his injury: "I don't think it's serious. I took two hits. I tried to stand for 15 minutes but my leg started to swell and I had to leave.

"This is football. I'm used to it. Obviously I would have liked to help my team-mates. I started the game very well and I thought I could have a great match. But my team-mates had a great game and I have to congratulate them.

"Every game from now is a final. I hope it's a great game of football (against England). I want both teams to finish the match with all 11 players - then it will be a good game."

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Grant
    Yeah we were a tad earie this time round. We needed our subs in 2nd half when needed, dunno why Guus didn't bring them all on.
    Didn't understand it either!!:confused:

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And we all know the Italians have a great record streak when it comes to shootouts.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Didn't understand it either!!:confused:
    Guus did that few times. He would bring on subs within last 10-15 mins of ordinary time, even against Japan when we down 1-0.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Guus was already on Vodka?

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I cry from heavy laughing whenever I open this thread
    Keep laughing brother, in a few days it's over!

Thread Information