X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

80 mn, and still no goal... It really smells of Swiss cheese.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

sorry, jérôme, but this is no team...11 players, no team...you might be lucky against togo and korea but this wasn't a good performance...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Once again you're right, DLN... It's just 11 shrimps with no "mayonnaise". If they get through the round Robin, they'll be eaten very easily in the 1/8s...
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Once again you're right, DLN... It's just 11 shrimps with no "mayonnaise". If they get through the round Robin, they'll be eaten very easily in the 1/8s...
          what's wrong with these guys??? henry, sagnol, zidane...so many great talents (don't tell me about the age, they score in their leagues anyway)
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jero
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Oh MG, Zidane is not even a shadow of his past anymore, and where, where is Henry? I feel sorry Jerome! I really do!:confused:

Comment

• jero
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

French football is underrated, but seeing this.....

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

I don't really know what's wrong with them. It's obvious that they don't look like a team properly speaking, as you said.
                Maybe the fact that they play after very specific schemes in their respective clubs in England or Spain, and they're just unable to get together under a different strategy.
                Maybe they're all too proud to understand that they all have to adapt to each others and not wait too much for their team-mates to adapt to their little persons...
                Anyway, you know that a team made of bits and pieces, however great the players can be individually, will never be worth a real, united group, even composed of supposedly less great players.

Anyway, it's a real shame that they aren't able to link their individualities together like the Brasilian group, who never have such a problem.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jero
                  Oh MG, Zidane is not even a shadow of his past anymore, and where, where is Henry? I feel sorry Jerome! I really do!:confused:
                  Cheers Jero! But you know, I'm no chauvinist, really, I don't mind if the French don't go very far this year - I'm only interested in great games.
                  BTW, they don't seem to be bound for the last four, I'm not even sure they will get through the 1/8s...

Originally posted by jero
                  French football is underrated, but seeing this.....
                  Since they won the 1998 WC and the Euro in 2000, they never stopped falling, reaching bottom in Korea in 2002 (3 round robin matches, not a single goal, a defeat vs Senegal, and no excuses...
                  In 2004, they lost in the 1/4 finals. They're just the shadow of a once great team (well, twice, if you count the 82-84-86 team), and to that extent, I think they're really OVERrated: players who are great with their clubs, but can never find a single wavelength with the blue shirts on.
                  In addition, did you see the argument between Zidane and one of the Black attackers (sorry, I just can't remember his name now)? They seriously argued about the way the ball should pass between them - unbelievable! -, that's symptomatic of a group that is in the woods as far as strategy, communication and spirit. They just don't desserve to be successful.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Die Manschaft war sehr glücklich heute Abend...

Comment

• Wawazat
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

damn lucky

good match though
                      Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Go The Germans.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Tough game for The Boys,came through in the end.

Comment

• Wawazat
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dan
                            Tough game for The Boys,came through in the end.
                            Talkin´ Australia ?

Now how fuckin´cool was that
                            Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
                              Talkin´ Australia ?

Now how fuckin´cool was that
                              LOL,No that's Kiwi talk Mate.

I could have said it was a game of two halfs.

Comment

• jero
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

In the last minute of the extra time! How typical for Germany

Comment

Working...