• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jero
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    so what...? no score...

that's your problem...the dutch are the anna kurnikovas of football...nice to watch but they can't win shit...
    Ok Ok, I give you one. It's the Kurnikova of the goals

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

I can sniff Portugal 2:3 Holland... A great match for sure, at least.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• jero
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

thnx dude I need that. Right fuckin now it's 1-0

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

The Portuguese will play with 10 players... Some goals in perspective!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• jero
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Come Holland GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Wawazat
              ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by jero
              thnx dude I need that. Right fuckin now it's 1-0
              hehehe
              Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

The Dutch have been very, VERY clumsy so far tonight...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Does a football team really need eleven players??

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

There's just a wee problem

Polly Vernon
                    Sunday June 25, 2006
                    The Observer

Here we go, there we go ...

It has so far been a near-perfect success - with brilliant stadiums, a chilled-out atmosphere and a near-total absence of hooligans. The only thing the organisers of the World Cup appear to have got wrong is the number of toilets provided. Biologists have warned that trees in Berlin are in danger of dying because of male fans urinating in the bushes. The huge, leafy 'fan mile' in the centre of the city has regularly been attracting crowds of up to 700,000 who have gathered to drink beer, eat sausages and watch games on giant screens - but it only has 280 portable loos. 'The urea sinks into the ground as ammonia. In small quantities this is a good fertiliser, but too much acidity is bad for the soil and could damage or even kill the trees,' warns Tilman Lamparter, a biologist at Berlin's Free University.

Don't look back in anger

Noel Gallagher arrived back in his seat, beer in hand, having just missed Joe Cole's long-range dipping volley that put England 1-0 up against Sweden. The Oasis guitarist and songwriter's ill-timed exit reopened the perennial debate among football fans: what's more important - drinking or watching the game?

The unBelievers

The Scots' appetite for deep-fried Mars bars has taken a turn for the worse since Mars launched promotional bars, renamed Believe, backing England during the World Cup. In protest at being enticed to support the Auld Enemy, Scots have found something else to satisfy their craving. An enterprising chip shop owner has come up with deep-fried Tunnock's Caramel Wafers, made in Glasgow.

Style notes

The football pundit does not have a long and proud tradition of fabulous style statements. Minds constantly occupied with world-class examples of Running, Kicking and Falling Over cannot be expected to also conjure up much in the way of a cohesive look. None the less, pundits are on telly, and accordingly can (and should) be judged on their relative achievements and failings in the field of fashion. Pundit chic is all about the shirts (because that's all anyone ever sees of these men). Gary Lineker's fondness for a candy-striped pastel design, for example, is adequately well-judged - those colourways set off his tan (the colour of cappuccino froth). I also approve of the simplicity of Ian Wright's sharp, chic city-style shirts - although he could feasibly lose the earring. I don't approve of bling on the over-forties. Alan Hansen, meanwhile, is not exhibiting much in the way of shirt flair. He's avoiding colour, which isn't a clever move on a man with skin tones as pallid as his. And his collars are routinely too small - Hansen has a relatively large head, and this serves only to draw attention to it.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Now it's 10 vs 10...
                      There's almost a riot on the ground...
                      "Hijo de puta", said the Portuguese goal-keeper to a Dutch player. I could read on his lips.
                      It's going to be tough for the Netherlands now. I'm afraid they'll regret their clumsy kicks...

But how stupid they were in both teams!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        Now it's 10 vs 10...
                        There's almost a riot on the ground...
                        "Hijo de puta", said the Portuguese goal-keeper to a Dutch player. I could read on his lips.
                        It's going to be tough for the Netherlands now. I'm afraid they'll regret their clumsy kicks...

But how stupid they were in both teams!
                        That is so cool how Portuguese is so close to Spanish!

Son of a bitch is said the same exact way in Spanish! I really want to learn Portuguese. I love the way it sounds.

Comment

• Wawazat
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

hehehe
                          Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i'm still learning spanish though.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

I don'tsh knowsh. Portugueesh maysh beesh cool to shpeak, perhapsh.
                              Butsh you'dge better have a lishp, you shee.

Comment

• jero
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
                                hehehe
                                Yep, your party now!

Comment

Working...