Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 235960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687123 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,920 of 5070

Thread: The Official European Football Thread

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Spot the odd country out

England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay.
    Is is England because none of the rest of them have bribed a Russian linesman in a final?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Is is England because none of the rest of them have bribed a Russian linesman in a final?
    ha...A M E N to that!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Don: Roth Army Militi
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hahaha - good answer but wrong. Incidentally it was England who accused Spain of bribing Russian refs - a move that single handily annoyed both Spanish and Russian FA's whilst simultaneously pretty much guaranteeing that the World Cup bid would be a waste of time.

No - the correct answer is of course Holland; the only team in that list to still be a Mc NoStars

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Winning it at home doesn't really count though, it's a huge advantage.

If Holland hosted it they would win.

Fuck if Scotland hosted it we would get to the second round...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The greatest of all time.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1upTEqUQao&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1upTEqUQao&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Music is a bit annoying...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ah, the infamous "Hand of God" goal. It's a shame that people particularly here still remember that, but forget his 2nd goal against England which has got to be one of the best goals scored at an international level

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Winning it at home doesn't really count though, it's a huge advantage.

If Holland hosted it they would win.

Fuck if Scotland hosted it we would get to the second round...
    like they did in 2000? they couldn't even win the fucking EC back then...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oops. Forgot that.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ah, the infamous "Hand of God" goal. It's a shame that people particularly here still remember that, but forget his 2nd goal against England which has got to be one of the best goals scored at an international level
    I watched a couple of documetaries about him today.

I think I posted earlier that I find it a bit ridiculous that English commentators can't get over that goal especially since England got 2 penalties from diving against Argentina at the next 2 World Cups. His argument is that it was a prank that he got away with and why not given the situation?

The second thing he always gets shit about is for taking coke but to me he should never have been banned for that since it is a performance depreciating drug. I think that is hugely different from taking something like steroids. Maradona was the greatest footballer ever despite being a coke addict, imagine how good he could have been.

As far as the 'Oh will someone please think of the children' argument well that fails completely because

1) If you don't test him, who will know?
    2) Kids can't afford coke
    3) Would you want Van Halen to have been banned?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post

Oof.

I hate to say it but they have almost definitely missed their last chance since in a few years time they will all have had to move since Holland will be under water.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The greatest of all time.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1upTEqUQao&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1upTEqUQao&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Music is a bit annoying...
    but...Maradonna never scored against THIS man...for brother Jero (especially the final, when you're finished with puking the life out of you)...with love...enjoy...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0w50T70ylY&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0w50T70ylY&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Music is cool...

"How's it feel, old man?"
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The second goal is indeed one of the best ever. However, sometimes when I watch it, as beautiful as it is and Maradona made it look so easy due to the lack of defence, the English players just appear to have been simply paralysed - that they just simply let him run all that way to the goal without making a decent enough tackle on him. I've heard Peter Shilton reckons it's an overrated goal for that very reason. English fans, of course, have generally always argued that he wouldn't of had the confidence to score that goal if Argentina weren't already 1-0 up.

Before he fucked the rest of his career up, Maradona could've probably made a good impact at the USA '94 tournament (more so than in that dreadful Italy '90 one) if he wasn't sent home packing after the drugs issue. He scored a pretty impressive goal in one of the group stage matches...but then when storming at the camera roaring like a wild animal with eyes bulging right out! lol

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The second goal is indeed one of the best ever. However, sometimes when I watch it, as beautiful as it is and Maradona made it look so easy due to the lack of defence, the English players just appear to have been simply paralysed - that they just simply let him run all that way to the goal without making a decent enough tackle on him. I've heard Peter Shilton reckons it's an overrated goal for that very reason. English fans, of course, have generally always argued that he wouldn't of had the confidence to score that goal if Argentina weren't already 1-0 up.
    Firstly that wasn't the only time he ever did that kind of thing, he did incredible runs throughout his career.

Secondly Shilton has never given a decent answer how Maradona at 5'5" managed to out jump him at 6'1" even if both could use their hands.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

but...Maradonna never scored against THIS man...for brother Jero (especially the final, when you're finished with puking the life out of you)...with love...enjoy...
    Whatever... you can't compare a good defender to a god.

I bet you were skillful enough to walk up to Eddie Van Halen's amp and switch it off...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Secondly Shilton has never given a decent answer how Maradona at 5'5" managed to out jump him at 6'1" even if both could use their hands.
    That doesn't surprise me, I'm sure Shilton would still be gobsmacked over that lol. But that's always been my questioning of how the ref could've even missed that by using that particular logic. I'd have to watch that "goal" again, but from what I remember I don't think Shilton was even jumping that high by that time, and he probably was on his way to collecting the ball before Maradona beat it to him by using his hand?

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

And like you did in 88

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UB1peldNlTw&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UB1peldNlTw&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I've always felt that Shilton was and is talking rubbish; he has more injured pride than anything else. Whilst it is true that the England player looked paralysed, I think it's also equally true that Maradona's skills made them look stupid that day, and that is what hurts them still to this day.

Being a goal up had nothing to do with it, Maradona knew during the game that he had the measure of the defence. Quite simply, at that point in time there wasn't a player who could touch him; you'd have needed a defender of the calibre of Maldini or Moore to have stopped him.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jero View Post
    And like you did in 88

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UB1peldNlTw&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UB1peldNlTw&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    when will you ever get it...the EC means jackshit...if you win or lose it in you own country or in the shithole of a goat sheperd in Andorra...what counts are the WC titles...EC's are just warm ups...but you couldn't even win that shit at home...wew did better:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CktT38En3VA&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CktT38En3VA&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What really counts are korfball WC's!

1978-2007

2007 Nederland
    2003 Nederland
    1999 Nederland
    1995 Nederland
    1991 België
    1987 Nederland
    1984 Nederland
    1978 Nederland

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What really counts are korfball WC's!

1978-2007

2007 Nederland
    2003 Nederland
    1999 Nederland
    1995 Nederland
    1991 België
    1987 Nederland
    1984 Nederland
    1978 Nederland

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTFKjJaV15I&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTFKjJaV15I&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTFKjJaV15I&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTFKjJaV15I&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

if I ever see somebody with this fucking thing again I'll shove it up his ass...

but this is funny though...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

if I ever see somebody with this fucking thing again I'll shove it up his ass...
    That's going to make a horrible noise when that person farts.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not in Gaymany, they are used to that.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BTW what the fuck is wrong in Duisburg? 15 people got killed.......
    Last edited by jero; 07-24-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Some Sort Of Festival.Very Sad.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know, Natra was the main act! I hope he survived........!
    Last edited by jero; 07-24-2010 at 05:09 PM.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maradonna exit! See yah

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-15-2010 @ 04:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

no that was holland

teeh heeh

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just watched a really good football flick (UK) called 'The Damned United' starring Michael Sheen, who plays (extremely well) the late Brian Clough and all about his colourful coaching career during the 1970s, mainly at Derby and his short stint (44 days) at Leeds. Good recommended viewing, especially those who follow the EPL.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Poor german baby

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN7sSbOeZy4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN7sSbOeZy4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    12-31-2011 @ 11:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hi, i want to say one Maradona are 2 Pelè. Jaja
    D10S (god) Look at this little man whith a ball "Maradona the best " :tongue0011:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rW-lK9F6TU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tCoMtPuL3Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_PP7QJwNpM
    Last edited by LEITUS; 08-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Poor german baby

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN7sSbOeZy4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN7sSbOeZy4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Damn,She Got Hit Big Time,Should Have Been Jero Load.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Decent list but the guy totally forgets about Scottish goals...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeXoxNP8_xY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeXoxNP8_xY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

37. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

GAR (09-07-2010)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Time to blow the dust off this thread...

allez les bleus!

and sesh...0: 0...you suck!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Lithuania aren't that bad...

We should have won, just a one of those nights where it won't go in.

What about Portugal 4 Cyprus 4 - that is nuts.

40. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

GAR (09-07-2010)

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah Sesh I hate to say it but our friend from Germany is absolut right! YOU SUCK!
    And where's Jerome
    Last edited by jero; 09-05-2010 at 03:33 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You will have to take that back when we win on Tuesday!

43. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

GAR (09-07-2010)

Thread Information