• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

RICHARD PRYOR Dead at 65...

**Breaking News**

The long ailing Richard PRYOR has died today at the age of 65. Details to follow.

Pathbreaking Comedian Richard Pryor Dies
    Pathbreaking Comedian Richard Pryor Dies at 65

The Associated PressThe Associated Press

LOS ANGELES Dec 10, 2005 — Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, has died. He was 65.

He died sometime late Friday or early Saturday of a heart attack at his home in the San Fernando Valley, according to his ex-wife Flyn Pryor.

Pryor, whose audacious style influenced an array of stand-up artists, had been ill for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

Regarded early in his career as one of the most foul-mouthed comics in the business, Pryor gained a wide following for his expletive-filled but universal and frequently personal insights into modern life and race relations.

Among those most influenced by his comedy were fellow black artists such as Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Damoy Wayans, as well as Robin Williams, David Letterman and others. Pryor's pioneering success made their roads to stardom all the smoother.

A series of hit comedies in the '70s and '80s, as well as filmed versions of his concert performances, helped make him one of the highest paid stars in Hollywood. He was one of the first black performers to have enough leverage to cut his own Hollywood deals. In 1983, he signed a $40 million, five-year contract with Columbia Pictures.

Among his films: "Stir Crazy," "Silver Streak," "The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings," "Which Way Is Up?" and "Richard Pryor Live on the Sunset Strip."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-10-2005, 05:34 PM.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

R.I.P.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

"That ******'s Crazy"...

My older sister had that album, I listened to it all the time when I was a kid....

RIP Richard....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

One of the great comedians...
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

One of the most inffluencial Comedians of all time. He was hilarious, I guess he going to be God's personal comedians now .
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            "That ******'s Crazy"...

My older sister had that album, I listened to it all the time when I was a kid....

RIP Richard....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

damn.
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

R.I.P. Pryor ...

Love Eddie Murphys Pryor act in RAW ...
                Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Jahuli
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2005

I thought he already was dead!
                  Shit!
                  Funny bloke
                  http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
                  "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
                  Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
                  "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

When I was in Africa, this voice came to me and said, "Richard, what do you see?" I said, I see all types of people." The voice said, "But do you see any ******s?" I said, "No." It said, "Do you know why? 'Cause there aren't any."

R.I.P. Richard......
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

R.I.P.
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• DLRDUDE
                        Roadie
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Eyes
                        R.I.P. Pryor ...

Love Eddie Murphys Pryor act in RAW ...
                        Richard Pryor to Eddie Murphy on Bill Cosby telling Eddie to clean up his act. "You tell Bill to have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up" Classic! RIP Richard Pryor
                        There are those that do and those that don't. Those that didn't see what those that did had done and wish they had especially when "She looked so F#*kin GOOD"

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

This just breaks my heart, rest well Mr. Pryor...

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

My favorite qoute of him came from Eddie murphy qouting him inhis movie.

Eddie Murphy: Richard said, "The next time the motherfucker call, tell him I said, "Suck *my* dick." I don't give a fuck. Whatever the fuck make the people laugh, say that shit. Do the people laugh when you say what you say?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Do you get paid?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Well, tell Bill I said have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. Jello pudding-eating motherfucker."

Mind you this is back before the family-friendly Eddie Murphy who is fucking lame now
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Whenever I saw Pryor...I always thought of that movie he was in...the comedy show where he talked about freebasing and catching on fire...how he turned that into humor...

and how he used it to turn himself around...

When that fire hit your ass, it will sober your ass up *quick*! I saw something, I went, "Well, that's a pretty blue. You know what? That looks like *fire*!" Fire is inspirational. They should use it in the Olympics, because I ran the 100 in 4.3.
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...