• Show
Clear All
  • driver67
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2004

Biily Sheehan ..tribute to DLR

Saw it on melodicrock.com:

BILLY SHEEN CONTRIBUTES DLR LINER NOTES:
    Amid his busy recording and touring schedule, Billy Sheehan took out time this past fall to contribute the liner notes to just released Just Like Paradise A Millennium Tribute to Diamond David Lee Roth. Among other things, Sheehan praised Dave for "changing my whole point of view on communicating to the audience from stage, of balance between showmanship and musicianship, and of the importance of living life like you mean it." Sheehan is presently touring with Steve Vai in support of the bassist's recently released solo album, Cosmic Troubadour.

Thats great.......
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by driver67
    Saw it on melodicrock.com:

BILLY SHEEN CONTRIBUTES DLR LINER NOTES:
    Amid his busy recording and touring schedule, Billy Sheehan took out time this past fall to contribute the liner notes to just released Just Like Paradise A Millennium Tribute to Diamond David Lee Roth. Among other things, Sheehan praised Dave for "changing my whole point of view on communicating to the audience from stage, of balance between showmanship and musicianship, and of the importance of living life like you mean it." Sheehan is presently touring with Steve Vai in support of the bassist's recently released solo album, Cosmic Troubadour.

Thats great.......
    Yes, thanks for the news, Driver. But is it that great to learn about? WTF do Vai and Sheehan play on stage? Wouldn't it be much greater if they were touring with Dave?
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      Yes, thanks for the news, Driver. But is it that great to learn about? WTF do Vai and Sheehan play on stage? Wouldn't it be much greater if they were touring with Dave?
      My thoughts exactly. Knock off the redundant bass and guitar solo wanking that JOE SATRIANI & STU HAMM have already beaten to death, and get with DAVE to make real songs...

Comment

• Dirty Duck
        Sniper
        • Aug 2005

I dont understand why he and billy dont just get together and just jam?

If they have no hard feelings...why cant they unite for some songs?

Weird...

Comment

• ppg960
          Sniper
          • Dec 2005

When I went to the Eat'em and Smile show, Sheehan and Vai where Fucking Unreal. Too bad DLR didn't keep that band together.

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Roth drove out Sheehan with the over-producing of Skyscraper, Billy thought the album was shit....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• 6 is 9
              Groupie
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Full Bug
              Roth drove out Sheehan with the over-producing of Skyscraper, Billy thought the album was shit....
              I've read Billy Sheehan saying that the demos for SkyScraper were much rawer and more hard rocking. David should have stayed with Ted Templeman but I still like the cd anyways because its still David Lee Roth and nothing beats that.
              "Who can tell what's going to happen in the years to come? We take it day by day, here today, gone later today. You don't stop and worry. You don't stop, look in the rearview mirror and say "Did I do this right?" People who always look in the rearview mirror tend to swerve off the road. I'm sorry but the rearview mirror is like sitting up there for one reason... It's an object so that you can tilt the mirror, look at yourself and see how cool you are when you're getting somewhere.

That's pure Zen man..." - DLR, 1982

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 6 is 9
                I've read Billy Sheehan saying that the demos for SkyScraper were much rawer and more hard rocking. David should have stayed with Ted Templeman but I still like the cd anyways because its still David Lee Roth and nothing beats that.
                yep! Thats right!!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

can you guys imagine what a bob rock
                  produced eeas band album woulda sounded like?

faaaaark.

(aah, sorry flappo, 'cd' *slaps forehead*)

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    My thoughts exactly. Knock off the redundant bass and guitar solo wanking that JOE SATRIANI & STU HAMM have already beaten to death, and get with DAVE to make real songs...
                    yeah, dave has written such classics as hot dog and good ole hamhead shark....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
                      yeah, dave has written such classics as hot dog and good ole hamhead shark....
                      What have you 'written?' Aside from illiterate, retard attention whore posts on this board.

Comment

• PenguinsKID1986
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2004

Isn't the riff between Dave and Vai. They just don't work good together or some bullshit?

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PenguinsKID1986
                          Isn't the riff between Dave and Vai. They just don't work good together or some bullshit?
                          Kind of. They both come from a different school of approach. A lot of people seem to forget that "Skyscraper" was just as much Vai's baby as it was Dave's. Dave said that production-wise, Vai was the "co-pilot"._I think some of their collaborations paid off like "Damn Good," "Skyscraper" and what have you.

Vai's just more of a technical player IMO. Dave's more of a "feel" and "groove" singer. That's why Classic VH was so stellar. It was the ultimate melting pot.

I think "EEAS" sounded like it was being "forced" to sound like VH. Not a bad record by any means, just not my fave. I really did like the direction on "Skyscraper" and it's too bad that EEAS band didn't stay put for another couple of records. Sure, it would have been different but with those calibre of musicians along with Dave, anything could have been possible. Anyone who saw that lineup live in '86 would have to agree, no? They were awesome.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Re: Biily Sheehan ..tribute to DLR

Originally posted by driver67
                            Sheehan praised Dave for "changing my whole point of view on communicating to the audience from stage, of balance between showmanship and musicianship, and of the importance of living life like you mean it."
                            Thats a great Sheehan quote right there!
                            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                              Kind of. They both come from a different school of approach. A lot of people seem to forget that "Skyscraper" was just as much Vai's baby as it was Dave's. Dave said that production-wise, Vai was the "co-pilot"._I think some of their collaborations paid off like "Damn Good," "Skyscraper" and what have you.

Vai's just more of a technical player IMO. Dave's more of a "feel" and "groove" singer. That's why Classic VH was so stellar. It was the ultimate melting pot.

I think "EEAS" sounded like it was being "forced" to sound like VH. Not a bad record by any means, just not my fave. I really did like the direction on "Skyscraper" and it's too bad that EEAS band didn't stay put for another couple of records. Sure, it would have been different but with those calibre of musicians along with Dave, anything could have been possible. Anyone who saw that lineup live in '86 would have to agree, no? They were awesome.
                              dave's more of an old yeller school singer...he needs someone to carry him through a song, example great backup vocals from mike anthony.

Comment

Working...