• Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    CC Rider
    I can hear Dave now..."play it B Young!"
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Loons The Great

Well...well...well...Yez Yeah...Nah you cookin' with gazz...

Diamondsgoll, you're on fire-a!!!!!!

How 'bout a lil':

"Makin' Love Is Good For Ya"--B.B. King

"Old Chunk Of Coal"--Johnny Cash...I'm just an ol' chunk of coal, but I'm gonna be a diamond someday...

Havana Moon--Chuck Berry

I'm Ready--Aerosmith style

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

I have always wanted to sing that Etta James tune "If I Can't Have You" with Dave. I think we could do that up better than Etta and Harvey, don't you?

uh huh uh huh...

thats one of those "take your clothes off" kind of songs...

check it out

yeah
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Re: Well...well...well...Yez Yeah...Nah you cookin' with gazz...

Originally posted by Loons The Great

I'm just an ol' chunk of coal, but I'm gonna be a diamond someday...

sing it one time for me, Loons...

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
            I have always wanted to sing that Etta James tune "If I Can't Have You" with Dave. I think we could do that up better than Etta and Harvey, don't you?

uh huh uh huh...

thats one of those "take your clothes off" kind of songs...

check it out

yeah
            Ise gotta a whole bunch of Etta, Koko, and Sugar Pie DeSanto...do you know which record that tune iz on?? I saw Etta at a blues festival a few seasons ago and she was AMAZING. She was huge and raunchy!! She did things with the speakers I'll never forget. It was a great, great show--she got the blues POWAH!! Yez Yeah!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Ise gotta a whole bunch of Etta, Koko, and Sugar Pie DeSanto...do you know which record that tune iz on?? I saw Etta at a blues festival a few seasons ago and she was AMAZING. She was huge and raunchy!! She did things with the speakers I'll never forget. It was a great, great show--she got the blues POWAH!! Yez Yeah!!
              Love her!

and Sugar Pie, too. Two of my favorite tunes to throw on while I'm gettin' up to get down are "Slip On Mules" and "Soulful Dress".

I really dig Etta and Sugar Pie singing together! two very cool voices. And even though Etta is way the fuck up there, I would love to hear her and Dave bang out a tune.

Hows about "Mockingbird"?

Etta: "And if that mockingbird don't sing, he's gonna buy me a diamond ring"

Dave: "A diamond WHAT?"

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

I would also love to hear Dave sing Hoochie Coochie Coo.

"Mama, you better talk to Sue
                she's doin' the hoochie coochie coo"

Comment

• Loons The Great

"The Spy," by The mighty Doors...has a lil' Eyes Of The Night vibe one time nah yez...Yez Yeah, baby!! Owww! Huh! Hit it up on de blues time nah alright! Talkin' some B L U E S nah...

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

I was diggin when Dave was talkin' 'bout the difference between hoodoo and voodoo...

I was thinkin' 'bout yoodoo, Loons

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

"The Spy," by The mighty Doors...has a lil' Eyes Of The Night vibe one time nah yez...Yez Yeah, baby!! Owww! Huh! Hit it up on de blues time nah alright! Talkin' some B L U E S nah...
                      And the hits just keep on comin'...

As my friend Loons delivers them harder than Steve Atwater.

Ms. DG ain't so bad herself neithaa.

YEZZA...
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

I say warden warden warden wontchoo break yo lock and key

Ize been on a Doors kick lately. Read a cool book by Stephen Davis,"Jim Morrison:Legend, Life, and Death."...an' I found out that Meyer Lansky was also being tried in Miami the same time as Mr. Mojo Risin' and Morrison was sleeping with one of the gangster's mistresses. When he found out about thiz...it only motivated him more!!...an' I read that Ronald Reagan was going to pardon Jim but at the last minute reneged...you couldn't mention Ronald's name 'round The Lizard King after that or he'd break into a fit of cursing...an' I also read that Elvis copied Morrison's black leather look for the '68 Comeback Special...lastly, the book said that Harrison Ford was a part of The Doors road crew...

Nah we talkin' some blues right here, right nah yez yez yez...talkin' the three b's...not Bach, Brahms, and Beethoven...talkin' barrelhouse, blues, and the natch'l boogie woogie nah I said yez...alright alright...Yez Yeah, baby!!

Nothin' but the best and later for the garbage.

Maggie M'Gill--The Doors

Hoodoo Man--Junior Wells

44 Long--Rufus Thomas

Rock Me Baby--Muddy Waters style

Rock My Plimsoul--The Jeff Beck Group

Ida Red--(traditional)

Step It Up And Go--Blind Boy Fuller

Sho' Nuff'

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

I'm a hoodoo-voodoo-magic man, got the devil by the horns

must say it is so cool seeing Roth's mug on billboards and the sides of buses travelin round Bostown...

says "run with the Devil"

yeah you got that right

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Ms. DG ain't so bad herself neithaa.

YEZZA...
                            and that commin from the Roth Army Rounda ...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

It wouldn't change the overall direction of the "Diamond Dave" album, but I'm sure that, like all that's already been suggested here, Dave would feel damn comfortable singing Taj Mahal's "Ain't that a lot of love"...

"You gotta dig it baby..."
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                                It wouldn't change the overall direction of the "Diamond Dave" album, but I'm sure that, like all that's already been suggested here, Dave would feel damn comfortable singing Taj Mahal's "Ain't that a lot of love"...

"You gotta dig it baby..."
                                I dig Taj mahal in a big way...

I mentioned Hoochie Coochie Coo earlier and I alsolove his tune called Blues Ain't Nothin...

I like all his stuff...the guys a dude

Comment

Working...