X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NathanRay
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

Malmsteen or Vai For EEAS Band??

Dave sheehan bissonette and Malmsteen????

Vai Was Excellent But I Like Yngwie better Solo. Would it Have Worked out as well as it did?

KNAC.COM: When you first came to the states to join with Steeler, there was a huge buzz around you then, what kind of offers did you get?
    YNGWIE: All sorts of weird people used to pop up. Actually, before I even came to America, I got phone calls from Ozzy’s management, From Kiss’ management… Once I came to the states Ronnie (Dio) was always at my shows. I became friends with him and we’re still friends… I admire him very much. UFO, Phil Mogg was asking me to join him, I can’t remember now, some other bands also, but they wanted to do some super group things like me and Sheehan, stuff like that.

KNAC.COM: Would you still do that?
    YNGWIE: Well, I was open for everything at the time. I had a meeting with Phil Mogg and Graham Bonnet the same day. The reason I joined in with Graham Bonnet’s project, which was to be his, sort of thing, but it became mine, funny enough. Actually, I took over the whole show there.

KNAC.COM: He didn’t like that did he?
    YNGWIE: Well, no, I mean, at first he did. It was cool because he didn’t have direction, he didn’t have songs, didn’t have anything. And I walked in there and just took care of it. And then when some shit happened on the road (fighting with Bonnet), then yeah, that became kind of rough. But that’s why I joined in with them because I felt that, especially since I’ve been a song writer all my life, and then being in Steeler playing two chord songs, and very biennial bullshit, I felt very compelled to be able to write again. So having a chance to go in and be the songwriter for the whole thing, I felt that was the right choice. And I think it was actually, I think if I had gone with Phil Mogg it might not have come out to be another thing. (His solo career)
    I did later on get an offer from David Lee Roth as well.

KNAC.COM: Really?
    YNGWIE: And I said, “Thanks, but no thanks.” But that’s the weird thing because… (Pause) Oh maybe I should have done it, I don’t know. This was like ‘85; Sheehan’s band was my opening act, Talas. And he (DLR) came to see the shows. And he snagged up Billy Sheehan, and he wanted to get me, and I said, “Thanks, but no thanks,” ‘cause I thought I was on a fucking roll you know? And in a way I was.
    "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
    Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
    Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I think it worked out for the best...

I've never been a fan of Malmstein's...never liked his sound...

Vai is like a fucking guitar shape shifter....he has a unique sound...but can mold it in a bunch of different ways...

He fit Roth...he fit Whitesnake...he fit the solo sound...G3...

and he'd surely fit EEAS as well...one more time...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NathanRay
      [B] Dave sheehan bissonette and Malmsteen????

Vai Was Excellent But I Like Yngwie better Solo. Would it Have Worked out as well as it did?

vai would run circles around yngay
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Chaz Rock City

Ma,steen's ego is to big to work with someone else. I'd like to see Dave get Paul Gilbert in his band.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I cant see Dave doing Viking Metal...
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• iamthedoctor
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jan 2004

I definitely don't think Yngwie would have worked well with dave - but on the subject of Vai kicking Yngwie's ass - have you seen the G3 DVD.....Yngwie is all over both Vai and Satch like a rash and his tone is so much better than either of theirs

Comment

• thebuldawg
              Roadie
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              I think it worked out for the best...

I've never been a fan of Malmstein's...never liked his sound...

Vai is like a fucking guitar shape shifter....he has a unique sound...but can mold it in a bunch of different ways...

He fit Roth...he fit Whitesnake...he fit the solo sound...G3...

and he'd surely fit EEAS as well...one more time...
              All I can say is, "Amen, brother."
              "Whatever happens... happens."
              -Spike Spiegel-

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

YingYang's ego is even bigger than Eddie's. Either the resulting chemistry would produce the best Dave album in 20 years, or there would be a homicide before a single track was recorded.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Starwood

Dave is NOT a Castle Rocker.

Comment

• NathanRay
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Starwood
                    Dave is NOT a Castle Rocker.
                    LOL
                    "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                    Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                    Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

EEAS Band without Steve Vai?¿?¿

That's just as bogus as Van Halen without David Lee Roth.

Period.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• degüello
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                        I cant see Dave doing Viking Metal...

Ha! Exactly.

The Yngwie interview excerpt's interesting, but with the boundless bizarreness of that guy's psychotic joke of an ego, I could see him just bullshitting a story like that.

I've said it before, I can't for the life of me picture Dave getting inspired by a soulless 'neoclassical' cheeseball like Yngwie... no way.
                        Last edited by degüello; 04-03-2004, 11:02 AM.
                        "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• degüello
                          Sniper
                          • Mar 2004

As for Vai, yes, he was an integral part of Dave's best solo album. EEAS dwarfs everything in Roth's solo catalogue, by far.

But, Vai was also an integral part of creating one of Dave's most horrible extended bouts of shittiness ever, the debacle that is Skycrapper.

Also, he sounded awful playing classic VH tunes. No natural feel for Ed's riffs and leads at all.

So, Vai's position in the ranks of Rothian six-stringer's is prominent, but questionable and tenuous, at best
                          "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

That story is true.. I've posted it before...

Yngwie is a huge Van Halen fan.. he might have written some grate Roth songs...

Comment

• HippieLettuce
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2004

Yngwie would definitely fit in to the "Eat 'Em" part of the band.

Comment

Working...