Thread: Jim Mora more like his Dad then we knew?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Jim Mora more like his Dad then we knew?

Pops used to just fucking go OFF in Indy and New Orleans...it was classic shit...

and kid did the same...

it was fourth and 2 with 1:08 left in the game...and they were on their own 24 yard line...when Mora chose to punt. Now...that really isn't an odd thing to do...but it ensured him of a tie at the least...

that is...until his special teams gave up a 30 yard return...which allowed the field goal to be kicked...

well...someone asked him why he punted...

and he started throwin' shit...lmfao...

Falcons mum on Mora's postgame meltdown
    Dec. 25, 2005
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

ATLANTA -- Falcons general manager Rich McKay said Sunday it's too early to tell if the team will discipline coach Jim Mora for his antics following the team's overtime loss at Tampa Bay.

"Let me get through the weekend," said McKay, who also is the Falcons president. "Right now I just don't know."

The 27-24 defeat on Saturday eliminated Atlanta from playoff contention. After the game, in his regularly scheduled postgame chat with radio flagship analyst Dave Archer, Mora was asked to explain why the Falcons punted from their 24 when facing fourth-and-2 with 1:08 remaining in overtime.

Even though Michael Koenen's punt went 53 yards, Mark Jones' 28-yard return put the Buccaneers in position to win the game on Matt Bryant's field goal five plays later.

According to several team and radio station employees, Mora abruptly removed his headset after hearing Archer's question and threw it to the ground.

Three team employees and two with the radio station, all of whom requested anonymity because they said they feared alienating the coach, said Mora was so angry that he also threw a microphone -- which almost hit Nicole Watson, a sideline reporter with the radio station, in the head.

Watson had given Mora the microphone and headset so he could conduct his usual postgame interview with Archer, who was in the broadcast booth above the field.

Mora did not immediately return a call placed to his cell phone Sunday afternoon.

The Falcons have lost five of seven since a Week 9 victory at Miami left them 6-2 and tied for the NFC lead.

Atlanta, which advanced to the conference title game last season and beat defending NFC champion Philadelphia in the Sept. 12 season opener, blew a 24-17 lead against the Bucs when Carnell Williams ran for a touchdown on fourth-and-1 at the Falcons 6 with 25 seconds left in regulation.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm still surprised that senior has never suffered a stroke or a myocardial infarction in the press box.

That meltdown when he was with the Saints will always be an all-time classic.

I knew junior always had it in him and 'tis about fickin' time!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information