Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

God sees embryos as full and complete humans - Pope

Dec 28, 2005

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - God sees embryos as "full and complete" humans, Pope Benedict said on Wednesday in an address that firmly underlined the Roman Catholic Church's stance against abortion and scientific research on embryos.

"The loving eyes of God look on the human being, considered full and complete at its beginning," Benedict said in his weekly address to the faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square.

Quoting Psalm 139, Benedict said the Bible teaches that God already recognises the embryo as a complete human. That view is the basis for the Church teaching that aborting or manipulating these embryos amounts to murder.

In Psalm 139, the psalmist says to God: "Thou didst see my limbs unformed in the womb, and in thy book they are all recorded."

"It is extremely powerful, the idea in this psalm, that in this 'unformed' embryo God already sees the whole future," Benedict said.

"In the Lord's book of life, the days that this creature will live and will fill with works during his time on earth are already written."

Benedict has already weighed into an Italian debate on abortion ahead of a general election in April, publicly supporting a pro-life group that right-wing Health Minister Francesco Storace wants to have access to counselling centres advising women seeking to terminate pregnancy.

The Pontiff also raised the theme in his Christmas Eve mass on Saturday, saying the love of God shines on each child, "even on those still unborn".

As well as being against abortion in all cases, the Church opposes stem-cell research which extracts useful cells from unused embryos left over from fertility treatments.

The United States Congress is debating whether to expand federal funding for this kind of research, which scientists say could provide cures to many debilitating diseases.

Last edited by ELVIS; 12-28-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    An old man who doesn´t know what his dick is good for and believes a troublemaker who got himself nailed to a tree 2000 years ago was the son of god isn´t telling me how to lead any aspect of my life!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And ELVIS only sees them as human if they're white, Christen Americans...

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    And ELVIS only sees them as human if they're white, Christen Americans...
    Explains a lot!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Christen ??

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Christen ??
    He can go confess the typo, then it´ll be as if it never happened.

Worked for Adolf Eichman too, although that was a bit more than a typo!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by kentuckyklira
    He can go confess the typo, then it´ll be as if it never happened.

Worked for Adolf Eichman too, although that was a bit more than a typo!

Wow...he's the papal equivalent of Robert C. Byrd..."No, I USED TO BE a scumbag....I'm different now!" Much like Byrd, I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I love how Christianity's answer for something they can't possibly PROVE is always "God knows all, sees all"...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sure, Elvis. If the leader of a church that is famous for shuffling child molesters around so they can molest even more children says it, it must be so. Remember Bernard Law? Or am I giving you too much credit?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmmmmm, According to the Bible the minute we are out of the womb we are introduced into sin and it is only by accepting Jesus that we are saved.So techinically according to Christianity they are not humans until they are auctually out of the Womb. Now That being said I am very mixed on this issue.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    Hmmmmmm, According to the Bible the minute we are out of the womb we are introduced into sin and it is only by accepting Jesus that we are saved.So techinically according to Christianity they are not humans until they are auctually out of the Womb. Now That being said I am very mixed on this issue.

He's got a point there....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Christen ??
    Means they're phoney Christians, like somebody we know.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by blueturk
    Sure, Elvis. If the leader of a church that is famous for shuffling child molesters around so they can molest even more children says it, it must be so. Remember Bernard Law? Or am I giving you too much credit?
    Just because I post an article, doesn't mean I support it...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a simple, yet serious question for ALL Christians who support the anti-abortion stance.....

The Catholic Church, as well as other of your organizations are worth literally BILLIONS, if not Trillions......

IF, as the Pope suggests, each fetus is a sacred human life, why not devote a large portion of your great wealth to the care, raising, and education of said fetuses????????????

ELVIS?

Care to comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    I have a simple, yet serious question for ALL Christians who support the anti-abortion stance.....

The Catholic Church, as well as other of your organizations are worth literally BILLIONS, if not Trillions......

IF, as the Pope suggests, each fetus is a sacred human life, why not devote a large portion of your great wealth to the care, raising, and education of said fetuses????????????

ELVIS?

Care to comment?
    I've asked that same question. It frustrates me that the anti-abortionists are all against terminating an unwanted pregnancy, yet they couldn't give a shit (it seems) once said unwanted child is brought into the world....how many kids are there RIGHT NOW in foster homes wishing someone gave a shit...?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So true, jhale....

Answer?

More Muff Thread !!!!!!!!!!!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So true, jhale....

Answer?

More Muff Thread !!!!!!!!!!!
    ...I'm on it.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jhale667
    ...I'm on it.
    You are my personal Jesus.....

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I will say again and again, if you want less abortion, go out and adopt children. ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT.

It is logical that if more and more people did adopt, then the numbers of abortions would decrease because more people would have faith in a system that would have their unwanted child adopted instead of being left in a system of foster house to foster house. Chances are that if they did decide to keep the child to full term for the purpose of adoption, they may even decide to keep the child.

Instead of bitching, take action.

If you are ANTI-CHOICE go out and adopt.

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ELVIS?

Care to comment?
    But then there wouldn´t be enough cash left to pay for the flashy robes and for people like the idiots that showed up at my door today asking to talk about the Bible with me.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You think those people are paid to come to your door ??

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You think those people are paid to come to your door ??
    I don´t believe they get a salary for it. But even people doing "missionary" work have to eat and drink and, considering the temperature outside, have some form of shelter. All that´s not for free. And all those Bibles cost money too!

Strange, I´m still waiting for the first non-christian to ring my doorbell and offer to talk about his religion unexpected and uninvited!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Those people do that work 100% free and most of them tithe 10% or more of their income...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Strange, I´m still waiting for the first non-christian to ring my doorbell and offer to talk about his religion unexpected and uninvited!
    That's an idiotic statement...

The bible teaches people to spread the Good News...

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's an idiotic statement...

The bible teaches people to spread the Good News...
    It also teaches to show the other cheek.

In Austria, there´s a law against missionaries showing up uninvited. I wish we had one too.

BTW, the Bible also says you should sacrifice the occasional sheep. When was your last ritual sacrifice?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sacrifice the occasional sheep, eh ??

I must have missed that part...

You make yourself look like a real idiot...

Elite shredoholic
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sacrifice the occasional sheep, eh ??

I must have missed that part...

You make yourself look like a real idiot...
    Old testament, Leviticus I believe!

The Law of Peace Offerings
    1'Now if his offering is a (A)sacrifice of peace offerings, if he is going to offer out of the herd, whether male or female, he shall offer it (B)without defect before the LORD.

2'(C)He shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (D)slay it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood around on the altar.

3'From the sacrifice of the peace offerings he shall present an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

4and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove with the kidneys.

5'Then (E)Aaron's sons shall offer it up in smoke on the altar (F)on the burnt offering, which is on the wood that is on the fire; (G)it is an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD.

6'But if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD is from the flock, he shall offer it, male or female, (H)without defect.

7'If he is going to offer (I)a lamb for his offering, then he shall offer it (J)before the LORD,

8and (K)he shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (L)slay it before the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons shall (M)sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

9'From the (N)sacrifice of peace offerings he shall bring as an offering by fire to the LORD, its fat, the entire fat tail which he shall remove close to the backbone, and the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

10and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (O)with the kidneys.

11'Then the priest shall offer it up in smoke (P)on the altar as (Q)food, an offering by fire to the LORD.

12'Moreover, if his offering is (R)a goat, then he shall offer it before the LORD,

13and he shall lay his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of meeting, and the sons of Aaron shall sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

14'From it he shall present his offering as an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

15and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (S)with the kidneys.

16'The priest shall offer them up in smoke on the altar as food, an offering by fire for a soothing aroma; (T)all fat is the LORD'S.

17'It is a (U)perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall not eat any fat (V)or any blood.'"

Dump Mistress!!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is such a simple argument to this..

I am pro having the fucking simplest of brain cells to go and get a packet of condoms before shagging rather than relying on the getting-rid-after method!!!

Birth control... it's not rocket science.. and in a lot of countries, it's free for fucks sake!!!

Get off my grass...
    Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
    There is such a simple argument to this..

I am pro having the fucking simplest of brain cells to go and get a packet of condoms before shagging rather than relying on the getting-rid-after method!!!

Birth control... it's not rocket science.. and in a lot of countries, it's free for fucks sake!!!
    Exactly, take precautions.

Abortion should be legal just because of the fact that most of the people that are getting them wouldn't care for a child anyway, and it is probably better to end it before the child goes through the physical and mental abuse that is likely to happen. Make no mistake though when you do it you are killing a baby and if you can live with that so be it. By the way I am not a Christian or a Christian hater, it seems irresponsible to mock someone elses beliefs.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

1'Now if his offering is a (A)sacrifice of peace offerings, if he is going to offer out of the herd, whether male or female, he shall offer it (B)without defect before the LORD.

2'(C)He shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (D)slay it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood around on the altar.

3'From the sacrifice of the peace offerings he shall present an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

4and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove with the kidneys.

5'Then (E)Aaron's sons shall offer it up in smoke on the altar (F)on the burnt offering, which is on the wood that is on the fire; (G)it is an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD.

6'But if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD is from the flock, he shall offer it, male or female, (H)without defect.

7'If he is going to offer (I)a lamb for his offering, then he shall offer it (J)before the LORD,

8and (K)he shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (L)slay it before the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons shall (M)sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

9'From the (N)sacrifice of peace offerings he shall bring as an offering by fire to the LORD, its fat, the entire fat tail which he shall remove close to the backbone, and the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

10and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (O)with the kidneys.

11'Then the priest shall offer it up in smoke (P)on the altar as (Q)food, an offering by fire to the LORD.

12'Moreover, if his offering is (R)a goat, then he shall offer it before the LORD,

13and he shall lay his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of meeting, and the sons of Aaron shall sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

14'From it he shall present his offering as an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

15and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (S)with the kidneys.

16'The priest shall offer them up in smoke on the altar as food, an offering by fire for a soothing aroma; (T)all fat is the LORD'S.

17'It is a (U)perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall not eat any fat (V)or any blood.'"

He's got you there, Elvis. After all, the religious reich claims that Leviticus is still the law.

So I guess you better go over to Links and find a sheep
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty soon, sperm and unfertilized eggs will be "sacred" too...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty soon, sperm and unfertilized eggs will be "sacred" too...
    "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great
    If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate"

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    1. THe Pope is no better at figuring out what God Thinks than anyone else.

2. Christians going door to door are spreading BAD News. It is only "good" news if they successfully sign someone up to become a productive revenue stream for their particular church.

They are not out wandering around giving out Bibles in the hopes of getting nothing in return, nor are they doing so to convert people whom they will never hear from again.

The sole purpose of spreading the Bad News is to increase profit for the Church.

They are Sales Representatives, nothing more.

Get off my grass...
    Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    sperm and unfertilized eggs
    isn't that the atkins diet

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great
    If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate"

LMAO

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was waiting for my chance to post this, thanks nick...:

"Every Sperm Is Sacred", Lyrics by Michael Palin and Terry Jones.

There are Jews in the world, there are Buddists,
    There are Hindus and Mormons and then
    There are those that follow Mohammad, but
    I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
    And have been since before I was born,
    And the one thing they say about Catholics is
    They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six footer,
    You don't have to have a great brain,
    You don't have to have any clothes on,
    You're a Catholic the moment Dad came, because

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is great,
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is great,
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs,
    On the dusty ground,
    God shall make them pay for
    Each sperm that can't be found.

Every sperm is wanted,
    Every sperm is good,
    Every sperm is needed,
    In your neighborhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Morman,
    Spill theirs just anywhere,
    But God loves those who treat their
    Semen with more care.

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is great,
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is good,
    Every sperm is needed,
    In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is useful,
    Every sperm is fine,
    God needs everybody's,
    Mine, and mine, and mine.

Let the pagans spill theirs,
    O'er mountain, hill and plain.
    God shall strike them down for
    Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is good,
    Every sperm is needed,
    In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is great,
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

M

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Man, did you know that Christianity have another book that is THE NEW TESTAMENT in wich that laws was surpassed?.

I belive in free of speech....but saying things without even known a little is idiotic.

Also those that go door by door are non-Catholics and aren't all of non-Catholics.....just some specific Christian religions.
    Bastardog

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hardrock69
    1. THe Pope is no better at figuring out what God Thinks than anyone else.

2. Christians going door to door are spreading BAD News. It is only "good" news if they successfully sign someone up to become a productive revenue stream for their particular church.

They are not out wandering around giving out Bibles in the hopes of getting nothing in return, nor are they doing so to convert people whom they will never hear from again.

The sole purpose of spreading the Bad News is to increase profit for the Church.

They are Sales Representatives, nothing more.
    I think you are confusing Christians with Jehovah's Witnesses, rock.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's usually Jehovah's Witness-types going door-to-door in Sherman Oaks...I've gotten really good at slamming the door in their faces ...why the @*@& do they always show up at 9AM on a Saturday?!?!?!
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    I think you are confusing Christians with Jehovah's Witnesses, rock.
    I didn't wanted to mention their name but now that you mentioned.....those are the door by door religion sellers.

They (I think) belive in Christian method but not as all other Christianic religions. For them Christ isn't God and insist to call God Jehova instead of Yavé. For me they aren't even Christians but they say they are

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They apparently can't read my "GO AWAY" welcome mat, either....

Thread Information