So...I was at the bar earlier this evening...with a couple of pals...shooting pool...

and we get onto the topic of Stern's move...

and ultimately end up on Roth...

At the pool table next to us are a three punks...early 20's...and they catch onto our conversation...and we begin the topic or Roth...

They're take...literally?

"Who is this guy anyways...some 60 year old like Imus..."

So the education commences...

We discuss the early years of Van Halen...which they knew nothing about...barely knew the music...they're old time bands????? Guns and Roses...Van Halen is a non-entity...so we get upto 85...and they are intrigued with this Rock and Roll band...actually...intrigued that Rock and Roll was such a center stage...so I skip to 1996...and I get...

"So, they disappeared after they broke up in 1985..."

I had 2 directions to go in...so...

"Yeah...they broke up in 1985...and resurfaced in 1996...with 2 songs and a greatest hits album..."

I had them going with that until my buddy...a faggot that likes Hagar...says...no...they moved on with Sammy Hagar...

anyways...

I've got my new IPod in my pocket...already loaded with every classic VH tune...and some boots...and let them listen while we're continuing our pool game...

First reaction...

"Hey...I've heard these songs..."

After about an hour of them passing off my IPod when they aren't playing...and one kid stops at a song and says..."Damn...this one is incredible..."

I grab a listen...and he's listening to Unchained...

We wrap up the night with the kid saying..."Damn, maybe I'll check the Roth show out...I wish I had this disc..."

I ran out to my car...grab Fair Warning...run back in and hand it to the kid with a Merry Christmas...

and hopefully...passed some Roth down to another generation...

Funny that these kids have no fucking idea who this band was...

Thanks spED...for wiping out an entire generation with your fucking idiocy...

Long Live Roth...Long Live Classic VH...

On a side note...I asked the 3 what they listened to, and the only band worth mention was Led Zeppelin...that they hear every so often on the radio...I mentioned Robert Plant, and they had no idea...

but they were regular listeners of the Foo Fighters, Godsmack and...ugh...Silverb...er...Nickelback...

My god...how Rock has fallen...