• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Apart from the amazing difference in age and weight in that fantasy picture. is that what you actually want as president, a Vlad the Impaler dictator surrounded by the skulls of his enemies?

Forget he's actually a fat 76 conman from NYC who inherited and lost most of a fortune that was in turn built up by his old man scamming government subsidies. Even ignoring all that stuff from the real world, I still don't get the attraction of a dictator run by the evangelists to someone like you?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I thought it was Vigo from Ghostbusters

I don't like any of the candidates on either side. The only thing I like about Ramaswamy is that he's 38. He reminds me of every lean sigma manager we had at work and it makes my skin crawl. I've seen him referred to as "Ramasmarmy."

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber

I don't like any of the candidates on either side. The only thing I like about Ramaswamy is that he's 38. He reminds me of every lean sigma manager we had at work and it makes my skin crawl. I've seen him referred to as "Ramasmarmy."
                    Yeah me too. I had a quick look at how he made his money and I'm maybe simplifying this but it seemed like he bought an Alzheimer drug from Glaxo that had failed it's clinical trials 4 times - now this is big pharma who everyone knows do everything they can to show that their drug works. He then tells a bunch of investors he has an amazing wonder drug, his company which only has 8 employees half of which are his family members goes up in value to billions. He has to then test the drug it's shown to not work - AGAIN and walks away with a fortune from selling shares at the right time.

I'm kind of amazed all of this is even legal and maybe I've misunderstood it but sounds to me just like a huge snake oil con.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh he drank!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To be fair it looks like the drinking started after the 108 minutes.

Once he started though...

Unable to overcome his depression, Gagarin started drinking heavily. Rumors about his alcoholic escapades spread across the country. The most famous of his drinking stories happened at the Black Sea resort of Foros.

After getting drunk, he jumped from the balcony of his hotel. Gagarin fractured his skull and face and spent a month in the hospital. To repair this “face of the country,” he underwent plastic surgery – something almost unheard of in those days.

Despite the repairs to his face, in photographs from the mid-1960s the first cosmonaut looks sad;the smile that dazzled the world in the days of his historic flight had disappeared.

He was appointed commander of the cosmonaut corps, and in June 1966, Gagarin began training within the framework of the Soyuz program. Nevertheless, he continued suffer from depression and continued to drink heavily. He told his friends that his career was over.

Comment

Working...