I think alot of people tuned in this morning wondering how David Lee Roth would fill Howard Stern's spot. I think alot of people tuned in this moring expecting to hear David Lee Roth try and do a Howard Stern-style radio broadcast.

The initial reaction from alot of people (not the Roth fans who are regulars here) was that the show was no good. I think those people have echoes of Howard Stern bouncing around their heads, and are comparing Roth to Stern.

Big mistake.

This IS new. This IS cutting edge. Roth's show IS going to fly right over alot of people's heads for a while. It is human nature to fear and attack what you don't understand. I think that the show will grow on people, once they realize that he is trying not to replace Howard Stern, but to do his own thing.

Dave's show will not be about lesbians making out in the studio...it won't be about throwing slices of bologna an naked chick's asses...it won't be about wheels-of-sex. Dave is smart enough to know that Stern is the best at that.

I think that when Roth cut to commercial just as that woman called and said she was naked and wet from the shower, that was an indication of how he wants to distance himself and his show from Howard Stern.

Smart move. One of the smartest, well read, well traveled people around.

The show today was a good start. Much better banter between Dave and Hux (is it Hux or Hutch?) than the Boston shows. Uncle Manny was fantastic. At least the first 20 minutes of Uncle Manny was. And then the last 10.

I'm excited and happy for Dave, and I look forward to hearing him improve with every show.