Thread: POJO_Risin's NFL End of the Year Awards

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

POJO_Risin's NFL End of the Year Awards

MVP--Shaun Alexander...this guy has been nothing short of amazing...and has led his team to the best record in the NFL with their victory over the Colts. Whether or not they can get to the Super Bowl remains to be seen...but if they do...you can thank Mr. Alexander for the trip. The best thing for Shaun? Can you say contract year? I know a lot of people say that Seattle could still win without Alexander (I don't know who says that...but whoever it is...they are crazy)...Manning is indespensable for sure...but Edgerrin James has proven to be nearly as important this year...

Offensive Player of the Year: Alexander...no...I'm not going to be hokey like everyone else...and fucking give THIS to Manning...you win one...you win both...

Defensive Player of the Year: Brian Urlacher...121 tackles...6 sacks this year...and the best defensive player on the best defense...this guy became a monster this year...

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Cadillac...you take the injury away from this kid...and he has a MONSTER year...and maybe a run at MVP. 1,100 yards and 6 100 yard games. This kid is the real deal...and may prove to be the best of the 3 backs in the first five picks...with both Benson and Brown going down to injury...

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Shawne Merrimen. 9 sacks...and the kid didn't start until week 7. He's manic...everywhere on the field...and has brought back visions of LT and Derrick Thomas. This kid will be great for years...and may be...when it's all said and done...the best defensive player in the game...

Coach of the Year: Lovie Smith, Chicago Bears: I know there is going to be grand sentiment for Tony Dungy...and he is a great coach...one of the top 4 or 5 in the game...but Smith did a tremendous job juggling that lineup and getting those players to believe they could win. Dungy and Marvin Lewis should get nods as well...and don't forget about Bill Belicheck...any other team would have folded under the injuries they had this year...and here they are again...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most Improved Player: Mark Brunell--with a close runnerup to Joey Galloway. Most people still figured that Galloway could still play, but most figured Brunell was done...he can thank Joe Gibbs for giving him at least one more chance...now he's indispensable on that team...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: POJO_Risin's NFL End of the Year Awards

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    MVP--Shaun Alexander...this guy has been nothing short of amazing...and has led his team to the best record in the NFL with their victory over the Colts. Whether or not they can get to the Super Bowl remains to be seen...but if they do...you can thank Mr. Alexander for the trip. The best thing for Shaun? Can you say contract year? I know a lot of people say that Seattle could still win without Alexander (I don't know who says that...but whoever it is...they are crazy.
    We would be nowhere near where we are today w/o SA

There are no seats left on the Bandwagon because of him, and when we do make it to Detroit this year, it'll be because of him.

As a side note, if Mike The Walrus plays him in GB this week, and he gets hurt, I will personally hunt him down and gut him like a pig.

We're home for the playoffs, and we don't lose at Qwest.

See ya in Detroit.

-el douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't pick Seattle to be honest...

but they are at home for the playoffs...so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A fifth of Wild Turkey says we make it to D Town.

Now whether we win there or not...........

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They are playing good ball on both sides though...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seattle is good...

but if Indy is clicking on all cylinders...they are one of those teams that just make you shake your head...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But no one from the NFC is going to come into Qwest and beat us now.

A bye, followed by 2 more home wins.........

Bet the house.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry, Poj.

Didn't meant to hijack your thread w/ all this SEAtalk.....

carry on.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No...it's fine...lmfao...

Seattle is hidden a lot because of locale...not a lot of people pay attention...or give them credit...

It's interesting..b.ecause Holmgren isn't even talked about in coach of the year discussions...and if they win the Bowl this year...he'd have to be considered again as one of the good coaches in the league...

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    A fifth of Wild Turkey says we make it to D Town.

Now whether we win there or not...........
    i know we gotta get through philly first, but help me with my memories, it's been a long season...who was the last seahawks loss to?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by knuckleboner
    i know we gotta get through philly first, but help me with my memories, it's been a long season...who was the last seahawks loss to?
    Wash. 20-17 at wash...

But we gave that one away....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No...it's fine...lmfao...

Seattle is hidden a lot because of locale...not a lot of people pay attention...or give them credit...

It's interesting..b.ecause Holmgren isn't even talked about in coach of the year discussions...and if they win the Bowl this year...he'd have to be considered again as one of the good coaches in the league...
    Mikey in the final year of his contract too....

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Wash. 20-17 at wash...

But we gave that one away....
    oh, i know. was not the best game for the seahawks. and i DEFINITELY remember the clang of your missed field goal.

but IF the skins make it into the playoffs, i can at least convince myself that they have a chance against the seahawks.

after all, i convinced myself there was a chance they ran the table over the final 5 games to make it to the playoffs...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think ANY team can win...and Gibbs is a good coach...

last year...there were a bunch of cumdrops who were shredding fucking Gibbs as being a bad coach...in the new game...

I say to those people...

I told you so...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most Improved Player: Mark Brunell--with a close runnerup to Joey Galloway. Most people still figured that Galloway could still play, but most figured Brunell was done...he can thank Joe Gibbs for giving him at least one more chance...now he's indispensable on that team...
    These guys seem more in line for Comeback players.

Most Improved ... someone like Carson Palmer, who was okay last season, but has ascended into elite status this season.

Maybe Eli ... who wasn't much last season, even though he did only have limited action.

Santana Moss wasn't much of a threat last season, and is now a game breaker to an extent.

Larry Johnson, although may have not be in this category if he had replaced Priest last season instead of this year.

LaMont Jordan sans the injury and Willie Parker.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    eh...semantics...although I'd see Santana fitting in the comeback category...

Degenerate #4
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    eh...semantics...although I'd see Santana fitting in the comeback category...
    id see santana as the most improved and brunell as the comeback player of the year (i say that because santana has really started to be consistent at being a deep threat and unlike brunell, never has had a cooling off/rebounding period in his career that i know of)...

i really don't care if they get it though, alls i really care about is a playoff spot...

i love the two scenarioes they have for the skins though, either going in as the wild card and going back to tampa, or winning the division and playing carolina...
    Don't FUCK With Greatness...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brunell for comeback player by a longshot. Those early beatings he took in J-ville were Kosar-like....possibly Bartkowski-like. LMFAO, they're still sanding the divots he left in the Gator Bowl turf.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They actually just gave him back a piece of his ass...that was planted into the ground...early last year...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alexander easily wins MVP honors

By BARRY WILNER, AP Football Writer

January 5, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shaun Alexander was getting tired of having golfing partner Marshall Faulk remind him who owned an Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player award. So Alexander went out and got himself one -- in record-breaking style.

Alexander set an NFL mark with 28 touchdowns, led the league in rushing and ran away with the MVP voting Thursday. And with free agency on the horizon, the Seattle running back could parlay his sensational year into unprecedented riches.

"Marsh and I go golfing and he will talk about MVPs and this and that as he drops another putt in," Alexander said. "It is one of those things where I think it is more for the writers and media until after you retire. When you retire, that is when guys seem like they talk about it a little bit more."

Still, Alexander talked plenty about it Thursday after being told he earned 19 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. He ended the two-year reign of Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning, who received 13 votes.

First, he called his wife, Valerie, to tell her the good news. Then, as he sat down before a slew of cameras inside the press room at Seahawks headquarters in Kirkland, Wash., he said: "Oh, man. This is exciting."

"You never know how voting goes, so you can't get caught up in that," he said. "But everyone wants to put themselves in a position where you can say you are one of those top players. And that's how you get to the Super Bowl. And that's how you win 13 games. That was our goal."

Alexander spearheaded the Seahawks' rise to the best record in the NFC, 13-3, including a victory over the league's only 14-2 team, the Colts. It was the most productive season in Seahawks history, one in which Alexander scored 28 touchdowns and rushed for 1,880 yards.

"I think that is a team goal," Alexander said of winning the award. "The way I always looked at MVPs was it was a player that did really, really good on a really, really good team. That is why I am even more excited about this year, because I have put together some great numbers, but we have a great team."

Those great numbers included 11 games rushing for 100 yards or more, topped by 173 against Arizona on Nov. 6. He scored 27 TDs on the ground and one as a receiver to break Priest Holmes' seasonal record by one.

His lowest output was in a Monday night game in Philadelphia, a 42-0 romp in which he played only the first half and had 49 yards in the snow.

Alexander became the only player in NFL history with at least 15 TDs in five straight seasons and the fourth with consecutive 20-touchdown years. He became Seattle's career rushing leader this season.

"He sure deserves it," said Pro Bowl fullback Mack Strong of the six-year veteran out of Alabama. "He's had a very impressive year. In my mind, no one has been more deserving of MVP."

Seattle would like to get used to having Alexander in the backfield. But he could leave in the offseason.

He was designated the Seahawks' franchise player before this season and accepted the team's one-year, $6.323 million offer -- with a proviso. The team agreed not to use the same franchise tag on him in 2006.

So either the Seahawks come up with a huge financial package, or the MVP could be scoring touchdowns and gaining all those yards elsewhere next season.

"The actual award -- even though it is a great honor, and we are going to try to get Matt (Hasselbeck) or me the award next year again ... if I'm here -- you want to put yourself as an MVP-type person. You want an MVP-type running back, and MVP-type quarterback, and MVP-type receiver.

"It is a business," he added. "The Seahawks have to make their own decisions. I am going to be happy for whatever they do."

Alexander is the first Seahawk to win the award. He also is the first running back voted MVP since his golfing buddy Faulk in 2000.

"Everyone can take a great deal of pride in having helped Shaun accomplish what he did," Hasselbeck said. "Our coaching staff should be proud. Our players should be proud. Our organization should be proud."

Trailing Manning in the balloting were New England quarterback Tom Brady with 10 votes, New York Giants running back Tiki Barber with six and Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer with two.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Didn't we write into the bylaws that whoever owns the MVP gets an extra 1st round draft pick next year ??

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lol ... with 28 TDs ... it's like he was 2 players already ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No Va...the bylaws stipulate that the MVP award winner...loses rights to the aforementioned player...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, no...

You're thinking about fantasy bowling....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nope...I'm pretty sure it was the NFL...

don't worry...we'll compensate you by giving you the first pick...

in the last round...or Jerome Bettis...

your choice...

Thread Information