Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official NFL Playoffs Thread...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was pulling for the Pats because if the Colts didn't win it all, I wouldnt mind a history making SB win ... then next year they could lose.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    The one with the picture of Elway?

wabbit season ... duck season ... WABBIT SEASON ... FIRE!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao...

PROPS to the Seahawks...who won without Alexander...

Can't wait for the Bears/Panthers game tomorrow...

I think the Bears are better than people think...

and KNOW that the Panthers are better than people think...

winner of tomorrow's game...IMO...goes to the Bowl...

I don't think Seattle's offense...will overcome either team's D...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seattle did everything to lose today ... that shit won't fly against those defenses ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like the Carolina secondary...opportunistic...and meshes well with a line that can get at the QB...

and if Dan Morgan is close to 100%...that linebacking crew is 2nd to none...

the ??? will then be...

can Delhome be the non-mistake QB that can cut your heart out...

or...Neil O'Donnell in the Super Bowl...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He'll have to play well obviously ... I don't see Carolina running the ball very successfully on the Bears ... haven't heard the weather yet, wonder what kind of factor that will be.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's supposed to be mid 30's...and Sunny...

no snow...and not the frozen tundra I'm sure they were hoping for...

Not any colder than it gets here in Carolina during the winter...

DeShaun Foster hasn't been healthy...high ankle sprain perhaps...something...but I think they can run the ball on Chicago IF...

1. Steve Smith can make something happen on those short outs he's so good at turning into bigger gains...

2. Brad Hoover cand Nick Goings can make those intermediate catches underneath to tie up the linebackers...and keep them from stacking...

3. Keary Colbert, Ricky Proel and Drew Carter...if they can KEEP Smith from being doubled...I really like Proel in games like this...one BIG catch from him down the middle...and it could change the game...

they have to use the short pass game to open up the deep ball...and the run game...

and Delhome can't make mistakes...if he forces...the Panthers are in trouble...

but I think their D will be able to shut down the Bears...so I really think this game will depend on turnovers...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's gonna' be a great game either way.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    IMO...the best game of the 4...

I thought both games today...were very fucking boring...and devoid of excitement...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, MAX, congratulations on your guys doing what we couldn't do.

Mind you, it ain't quite the same quality team...but good stuff, anyway.

Now, if the Steelers manage to get through tomorrow, I'll see you soon...
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks folks.

As for the "Elway" jokes, go fuck yourselves. lmao :p

PA,

I'm sorry bro and I do mean that cos I do like The Pats and the pass interference call was bogus. Even I can admit that. Still, it wouldn't have changed the outcome IMO. We were going to win, I just knew it at the half. I was all decked out in Bronco geeya. I even had on my decade old, exact and "lucky" Elway jersey I wore during SB XXXII and my huge, foam horse-head Bronco hat. Also, sorry for not replying when you were online but things got a little crazy this evening. I started to but... lol We haven't been this crazy since '99. Gosh, I cannot believe it's been that long ago? :eek:
    Needless to say, a few of us did a bit of drinkin'.

Now, I fucking hope The Steelers knock off Indy tomorrow. It would be cool to have another AFC Championship re-match, sort of a deja vu of the '97 season when we beat them to go on and get our first title. lol :p

If not, I hope we can thump The Colts and get their collective playoff monkey off our back once and for all.

Poj,

I'll agree about both games bein' beyond a bit boring today. However, the few fuckin' big plays in Denver had a few of us bouncing off the walls. lol

Best of luck to The Steelers tomorrow for you two hombres. I'll fuckin' be rooting for them like no other.

Again, props to The Pats as well. Class act team fo sho.

Do you believe? Don't you trust me?

Mile High Magic!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    1. Never count on Jake The Flake

2. Done.

LMAO!!!

I would say congrats but with you old AFC WEST motherfuckers, you'll never learn. :p

Bash The Boz 2006 style.

Hopefully we can get the next one and you can too...

Just so we can thump your collective asses just like the old days.

Anyway and seriously, nice win Kippy.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX
    Now, I fucking hope The Steelers knock off Indy tomorrow. It would be cool to have another AFC Championship re-match, sort of a deja vu of the '97 season when we beat them to go on and get our first title. lol :p

Best of luck to The Steelers tomorrow for you two hombres. I'll fuckin' be rooting for them like no other.
    Ah yes...the lucky win...remember it well...lmfao...

and be very careful what you wish for...

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ah yes...the lucky win...remember it well...lmfao...

and be very careful what you wish for...
    "Lucky win" my ass.

I STILL remember Krydell throwing that pick and Romo saying right to his face "STUPID!!! STUPID!!! STUPID!!!" lmao

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some good Colt memories....

Redemption
    1995 AFC Championship Game
    vs. Indianapolis Colts
    January 14, 1996

After the debacle in the 1994 Championship Game, the Steelers devoted the entire 1995 season to redeeming that loss to the Chargers. The goal and theme for the year was "three more yards", because the Steelers had been stopped on the three yard line the year before. The 1995 season started off slowly, but the Steelers came back and finished with an 11-5 record. The Kansas City Chiefs finished with a 13-3 record, so they had the homefield advantage in the AFC. However, in the divisional playoffs the Chiefs were upset by the upstart Indianapolis Colts. Behind QB Jim Harbaugh, the Colts put together a cinderella season, and to the surprise of everyone they were going to play for the right to go to the Super Bowl. The Steelers got to host the Championship Game for the second straight year, but it there was an eerie feeling of deja' vu surrounding this game. It was very similar to the previous year. The Steelers were the heavy favorites and everyone expected them to win. Still, they couldn't let tragedy strike two years in a row, could they? As the game progressed, it became apparent that the Steelers were in for a tough game. At halftime, the Steelers grabbed a 10-7 lead thanks to a late 5 yard TD pass from Neil O'Donnell to Kordell Stewart. There was controversy on the play. The replay showed that Stewart had stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone, and then had come back in to make the catch (illegal touching). It was difficult to determine if Stewart had stepped out or if he was pushed out. Anyway, there was no flag and the TD stood. The Colts and Steelers traded FG's in the third quarter.

As the game wound down to the final 10 minutes, nobody wanted to speak of the horror of the previous year's game. In that game, the Steelers led the Chargers 13-10 in the 4th when Stan Humphries hit Tony Martin for a 43 yard TD bomb which cost the Steelers the AFC Championship. To the complete shock of everyone watching, it happened again. With just under nine minutes remaining, Jim Harbaugh threw a 47-yard touchdown pass to Floyd Turner. The Colts had taken the lead - it really was deja' vu. The Steelers were in dismay. All the focus on "three more yards" and now it had come down to this again! However, the Steelers were unable to put a drive together. The Colts got the ball back and began attempting to run down the clock. On a key third and 1 play, CB Willie Williams tackled Colts FB Lamont Warren from behind as he was ready to run through a wide open hole. Had Williams not made this incredible tackle, the Colts would have got a huge gain, and would have probably been able to run out the clock. So the Steelers got the ball back with a chance to finish off the drive they failed on the previous year. Neil O'Donnell and his great group of receivers began stringing together some plays, but at midfield the drive began to stall. Amazingly, the Steelers were faced with 4th and 3. O'Donnell hit Hastings for a 9 yard gain to the Colts 38. On the very next play, O'Donnell threw a bomb down the right sidelines which was pulled in at the one yard line by Ernie Mills. Two plays later Bam Morris ran it in for the touchdown. The Steelers had done it! They had avenged last year's loss...but the game was not over yet. The Colts still had just over one minute left and they had "Captain Comeback" Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh led a furious drive to the Steelers 35, a drive that included a big 4th down conversion. With just a few seconds left in the game and down by 4, the Colts only had only one option - throw the Hail Mary. Harbaugh dropped back and threw it into the corner of the endzone. The ball was tipped several times before it fell to Colts receiver Aaron Bailey, who nearly closed his hands around the ball. Instead the ball fell to the ground. The game was over and the Steelers had won. This was possibly the most dramatic NFL game of the decade. It was certainly one of the great games in Steelers history and their game of the 90's.
    Final Score: 20-16

The Aftermath: As we all know, the Steelers would go on to lose Super Bowl XXX. Yes, the Steelers failed in their ultimate goal, but imagine for a moment what it would have been like if the Steelers had lost this game to the Colts. We would have had two years in a row of total disaster. This may be a bit extreme, but if the Steelers had not won this game, it may have had a chain effect of destruction on the franchise. What would they have done the following year for redemption? Would it have ultimately effected the stadium issue which would come about two years later? I don't even want to think about what would have become of the Pittsburgh Steelers had they lost this game. These two teams would meet again in the 1996 playoffs, but it was much less dramatic. The Steelers easily won 42-14.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    1997 AFC Championship Game

Steelers 21, Broncos 24
    Elway and Broncos end great Steelers season

Too many mistakes cost the Steelers their shot at playing in their sixth Super Bowl. The thing that really sucked about this game is that we outplayed Denver for the most part and at one point in the game it just seemed like we had them beaten. This game began with a Kirkland interception but Norm Johnson missed a 38 yard field goal, one of many upcoming Pittsburgh mistakes. Denver then drove down the field behind Terrell Davis, who became the first rusher in a while to rack up 100 yards on the Steelers defense. It was 7-0 Broncos, but the Steelers came right back and capped a drive with another Kordell Stewart long run, just like last week. This one was from 33 yards out. Feeling the momentum the Steelers recovered a fumble and again proceeded to drive down the field for a Bettis TD. This was the point of the game where it looked like we had them. Denver kicked a field goal but the Steelers were driving again. That's when it all began to fall apart.

Stewart threw into double coverage in the endzone and was picked off. Then, with under two minutes left, John Elway drove the Broncos down the field for a touchdown not once, but twice. He was aided in this process by two of the cheapest pass interference calls ever. The refs screwed us over all day. If you watched the NFC Championship game, you saw that those refs screwed over the 49ers all day. The NFL wanted Green Bay vs. Denver in the Super Bowl - they wanted Elway vs. Favre. But I'm not going to blame the loss on those calls. The Steelers defense still broke down and allowed both TD's, so nobody write me and get angry because I said the refs cheated us. This is where Pittsburgh lost this game. With 1:47 left in the first half, we were up by four. When time expired, we were down by 10! I could hardly believe it.

As shocking and depressing as the end of the first half was, the start of the second half was important to the Steelers comeback chances, but they managed to shock us even worse then they had already done. After a long drive to open the half, the Steelers had 1st and goal from the Denver 5 yard line. After a failed run, Kordell Stewart for some reason threw a pass right into the middle of three Broncos defenders, and the drive was over with no points at all. This broke the team's spirit. The rest of the half went by quickly, as neither team could put together a drive. Finally, with about 3 minutes left in the game, Kordell hit CJ on a nice 15 yard TD pass, but it was too little too late. Denver got the ball back and ran out the clock. John Elway gets another shot at the Super Bowl, while the Steelers and we, the fans, ponder next season. The young Kordell Stewart could not pull it off today, but he'll have plenty of chances to redeem himself in the future. Although the Steelers really did beat themselves, Denver played great and deserved to win. I won't stoop to their level and cry like they did last time about how if some things would have been different we would've won. None of that can be changed now, so maybe now Denver will finally bring the AFC a Super Bowl win. The Steelers had a great season regardless. Here's the numbers for the game:

Kordell Stewart 18-36 for 201 yards, 1 TD pass, 1 TD rush, 4 turnovers
    Jerome Bettis: 23 rushes, 105 yards
    Yancey Thigpen: 6 rec, 92 yards.

AFC Championship 1 2 3 4 Final
    Denver 7 17 0 0 24
    Steelers 7 7 0 7 21

I remember late in the game...Pittsburgh had scored...and had Denver deep in Denver's territory...like 3rd and 7...I remember saying..."if they stop them here...they'll win the game..."

Denver got the first down...game was over...

fucking Stewart...

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bro,

Believe me... I have a lot of those games on tape. Fuckin' magical season.

Seriously man, my fuckin' fingers are crossed for you guys tomorrow. Not just cos I don't wanna play Indy but I too respect The Steelers and Cowher.

I say bring on Indy though as well. As much as The Broncos are disrespected anyway, I'd hate to hear "Oh, the ONLY reason Denver won anything is cos they didn't have to play The Colts..."

Just like when we beat ATL instead of The Viqueens in '99.

Regardless, the ONLY two teams I give a rat's ass about are my Broncs (of course) and Pits. The NFC ain't winning it all no matter what and mark my fucking words.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This just has a feeling of a strange year though Max...

watch out for the NFC...

in particular...Carolina...

if the Panthers manage to beat the best D tomorrow...and goto Seattle and beat the "best" O in the NFC...

they bring Super Bowl experience (almost...shoulda won)...

a tough D..

and potentially...a great O...if that's the O that shows up...

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Poj,

I know the "feeling" for sure and absolutely. With that being said, I also just have a gut feeling that the SB XL Champs are going to be one of the last three AFC teams.

Seriously, I just know it. As thrilled as I am with today's win, I know that next week's game will be bigger and tougher than IF we were to even get to The Super Bowl.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember late in the game...Pittsburgh had scored...and had Denver deep in Denver's territory...like 3rd and 7...I remember saying..."if they stop them here...they'll win the game..."

Denver got the first down...game was over...
    Have to rub some salt in your old wounds but I just read your "homo" remarks about Shannon.

It was #84 who caught that first down pass. :p

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This just has a feeling of a strange year though Max...

watch out for the NFC...

in particular...Carolina...

if the Panthers manage to beat the best D tomorrow...and goto Seattle and beat the "best" O in the NFC...

they bring Super Bowl experience (almost...shoulda won)...

a tough D..

and potentially...a great O...if that's the O that shows up...
    No way. Da Bears!!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rex Grossman is the unknown...

I still think the Panthers win this game...

and I don't think it will be close...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    anyone else with thoughts on this game?

I say Carolina wins by at least 7....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    7-0 Carolina...

Steve Smith on a short out...

then bam...

post burns Tillman...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
    Steelers will win tomorrow Pojo.

Call it in...
    This is why I was #200-something in the country at Pick 'Em...

I just had a feeling...

MAX...Denver was the better team and deserved to win...

Patriots players I blame for the loss...
    1. Corey Dillon...I swear to god, he fell down after initial contact with the line of scrimidge like he was shot...
    2. Special Teams...two fumbles and a missed field-goal...
    3. The Defensive line for letting Jake the Snake make a fucking sandwich while he decided which reciever to throw too...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is why I was #200-something in the country at Pick 'Em...

I just had a feeling...
    Hope you have that same feeling next Sunday in Denver...

Broncos an early 3 point favorite....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well massive props to The Steelers!!!

WOW!!! What a fucking game.

Next week should be quite a matchup, I'm just happy we get it at home cos we're going to need all we can. I think it's going to be a fucking dogfight.

Also, you dudes see fuckin' Peyton whining in his post-game press conference?

No wonder he's a terminal playoff loser. I'm sorry but passing the blame like that 'tis no better than Cryin' Leaf's boob behavior.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    MAX...Denver was the better team and deserved to win...

Patriots players I blame for the loss...
    1. Corey Dillon...I swear to god, he fell down after initial contact with the line of scrimidge like he was shot...
    2. Special Teams...two fumbles and a missed field-goal...
    3. The Defensive line for letting Jake the Snake make a fucking sandwich while he decided which reciever to throw too...
    Agreed on every point. Still, I respect The Pats for what they've accomplished. They're true champions and took the defeat in such a manner. Brady was a class act in his post-game conference.

Fuck, I'm still disgusted (and lmao) after watching Peyton's whining after losing to a team that wanted it a lot more and 'tis a lot better IMO.

Regardless, I'm still in a bit of shock that Denver's made it this far. I don't know why but I've always been this way even after being a die hard fan for over twenty years?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well it looks like Poj might have called it with regards to Carolina. They could be dangerous if they wrap this one up, considering they have semi-recent Super Bowl experience.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i just won $50.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    7-0 Carolina...

Steve Smith on a short out...

then bam...

post burns Tillman...

Story of my life as a Bears fan.

Thank God the White Sox won.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX
    Well it looks like Poj might have called it

He also pretty much called the Hawks/Skins score, had The Shins hung onto that last catch.....

Maybe the rumors are true.......Pojo is actually Joe Thunder :eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A Seattle / Pittsburgh Superbowl would be fun but..........

Seattle / Denver ?????

The old AFC Rivals ????

Heavens to Mergatroid.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A Seattle / Pittsburgh Superbowl would be fun but..........

Seattle / Denver ?????

The old AFC Rivals ????

Heavens to Mergatroid.
    It would be a killer game. I still have a few close friends that reside in Seattle and we've always talked smack.

However Lounge, both The Broncs and The Hawks indeed have their hands full with next week's opponents.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX
    It would be a killer game. I still have a few close friends that reside in Seattle and we've always talked smack.

However Lounge, both The Broncs and The Hawks indeed have their hands full with next week's opponents.
    You guys just take care of your shit......

I'm not worried.

Yesterday was the wake up call we needed, and there is no way in HELL we are going to lose next week.

I called a "rout", but was actually glad we stunk. We needed it.

We'll be ready.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cocky Hawks fans. lmao

Nothing ever changes.

Well, you keep that attitude and I hope it gets y'all past the EXPERIENCED Panthers.

I'm not taking Pitts for granted AT ALL!!!

Regardless, I'd love more than anything to have such a Super Bowl matchup.

It would be fun bitchslapping my 'ol pal Kippy.

Again and in all seriousness though, congrats on your win man. It's been a long time coming for your city and fans. You're a bunch of crazy fuckers but beyond props. I will at least say that you guys didn't go into your matchup thinking you'd already won The Super Bowl like The Fucking Colts and their fans did.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX

It would be fun bitchslapping my 'ol pal Kippy.

Again and in all seriousness though, congrats on your win man. It's been a long time coming for your city and fans. You're a bunch of crazy fuckers but beyond props. .
    Sure washes that bitter aftertaste of the WNBA Championship we had to swallow....

My Hatred of Denver Fan is in my DNA

Some things never change........

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX

I was all decked out in Bronco geeya. I even had on my decade old, exact and "lucky" Elway jersey I wore during SB XXXII and my huge, foam horse-head Bronco hat.

**cough*homo*cough**

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sure washes that bitter aftertaste of the WNBA Championship we had to swallow....

My Hatred of Denver Fan is in my DNA

Some things never change........
    Never paid attention to the WNBA bro and I think we even have a team heeya in SLC? lmao

Sorry to heeya that you follow it. Doesn't surprise me though. :p

Also and I was curious, did you write a long awaited sequel to "After the Rain" with your twin brother after the game yesterday? :p

Oh, the feeling 'tis more that mutual about my "love" for The Hawks. Both you and The Bolts were always our weakest rivalries in the old AFC WEST. I know y'all thought a bit more of it though.

I remember going with my Dad to a "Bash The Boz" pre-game event back in the day. He paid a few bucks so my brothers and myself could hit a VW Beetle (painted like a Seahwaks helmet) with a baseball bat prior to the game at Mile High.

Bring on the smack.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesus H. Christ.........

The Fucking "BOZ" was a Seahawk for 5 God-Damn minutes....

The piece of shit was run out on a Rail..........

Now go beat off to your Elway poster......LMMFAO

:wink:

Thread Information