X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • light 'em up!
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    At this point, ANYTHING Van Halen does (4th singer or another go around with either Sam or Gary) will be even more laughable than the 2004 bullshit was, so if it's to be a "cold day in hell" before Roth comes back - their reception from the masses will be equally as cold, which, no doubt, will drive them even further into obscurity and leave them scratching their heads wondering why in the fuck nothing they do will work out.

And will also, by default, leave David's legacy with the band entirely spotless and the obvious highlight of Van Halen's career when any of them are thought of by the general public in the years to come.
    That's exactly how I see it. Good call bueno bob.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

cold day in hell...better wearing a cup...wants to be a solo artist...baby steps...is in for live...we just started where we ended...if anything happens I'll pick up the tuba...welcome to the never ending soap opera called =VH=...

but never forget...IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH!!!
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Big Train
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Bottom Line, what neither will dispute.

ALEX PICKED UP THE PHONE WHEN DAVE CALLED....after the 2004 concert season, Hell isn't as warm as it used to be......

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
          Bottom Line, what neither will dispute.

ALEX PICKED UP THE PHONE WHEN DAVE CALLED....after the 2004 concert season, Hell isn't as warm as it used to be......
          Beautiful!
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

[i] Van Halen will have released six albums of outstanding non-filler true blue dyed in the wool straight up balls out kicking ass bitch-slaping so good it makes you kick your kids in the butt ROCK AND ROLL !

That is all. [/B]
            and that was IT !

If the kids are releasing hockey pucks in the mornin,' check dad's record collection .

Record collection, what am I, Ninety?

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

Ed, Alex and Mike can go rot. Even if the announcement comes today that Davids back in the fold, I will ALWAYS detest those assholes for being the obvious pricks that they are and ruining what could have been the greatest thing that rock and roll had ever seen....

Kinda says a lot about Dave that he'd even still want to do it. Predictable sheep response would be, "Of course, because he's washed up and needs the money."

But I gotta tell you, Dave ain't hurting for cash. And if I were in his shoes and had been shit on for the past ten years by those three pricks, I wouldn't even give 'em the satisfaction of mentioning their names, never mind calling their management every year to say, "So, are we gonna do it?"

I'd wait until the eventual phone call came, then just start laughing before I said "Fuck you!" and hung it up.

And the other three know what needs to happen here. They know what we all wanna see, and they know it ain't Van Hagar part 2 or 3, or Gary Cherone, or singer number 4, or Ed doing lead vocals. They know we all wanna see CVH hit the road again.

Fuckin' twats.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bru87tr
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

Dave should no doubt do the reunion.

but.......

he should (and I am sure hes done this ala the lawyers screw up every reunion talks rumors) demand and equal share, demand and get(if he has not already settled) the percentage on the back catalog that he lost, and every final say in the marketing, promotion, design...etc of every album cover, stage and video (that he should also produce).

if he does not it will become hagar stlye/DLR music and image via eds wants. dave has to demand. he took alot of shit from the brothers over the years for no reason. undeserved!

if he doesnt get those then I say he walks. I dont want to see dave be used and strung along like he was in 96' cause he was so excited about getting the gig back again. I think he knows now how important he is to the band.

thing is when its all said and done and even if they dont reunite. all the world has to remember CVH is the history and past performances and that just cements dave as one of the best ever, thee best in my eyes!
                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...