Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

I finally saw Aerosmith in 1999 for the first time.

I was so bored I could not wait to leave.

They are almost as unexciting as ZZ Top is these days.

Last time I saw Motley was Kansas City in 1989.

Since I have been here in Gnashville, Aerosmith has played here several times (once with Kiss), and Motley has been here once.

I was EXTREMELY enthusiastic about the fact that I got to miss the shows.

I revelled in the fact that while they were playing at the Ampthitheater, I was home having much more fun doing nothing than I would have if I were wasting my valuable time and money being bored out of my skull watching their pathetic attempt at "performing".

It would have been more entertaining to see Aerosmith in the late 70s.

Everyone I have ever met who saw them in the 70s all said the same thing: Either Steven Tyler or Joe Perry (or both) were so fucked up they fell either off the stage, or into the drum kit knocking it over.

At least I would have witnessed some grate Rock Comedy if I had seen them then.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
      Aerosmith in the late 70's would be cool. Aerosmith today can lick my nutsack....that fuckin' asteroid movie soundtrack was the last straw.
      Yes, but is the music as integral as it can be considering how long they've played the game and the fact that maybe all of their original tunes are used up?

What was the last good album they had?
      sigpic

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        It would have been more entertaining to see Aerosmith in the late 70s.

Everyone I have ever met who saw them in the 70s all said the same thing: Either Steven Tyler or Joe Perry (or both) were so fucked up they fell either off the stage, or into the drum kit knocking it over.

At least I would have witnessed some grate Rock Comedy if I had seen them then.

yeah, you're right. It's always much cooler to watch someone drunk or stoned. Man, how unfortunate I've been, only seen bands that actually give a shit enough to perform sober. How fun it must have been to watch 'em stumble around, miss chords and play sloppy.

Wait, didn't Eddie Van Halen do that in 2004?
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
          What was the last good album they had?
          Last great album they had was 'Just Push Play'. That album kicked ass, Aerosmith style.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

heh....my sister gave that to me for Christmas.

I listened to it once.

It was a waste of my time.

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

I seen aerosmith not that long ao and they still rock! still sound great. as for the crue ? neil could get into shape a bit so he isnt out of breath but come one.... they can still rock if Mick Mars is playing the shows. isnt he sick or something ? you cant go wrong with any of crues songs.

it wont be to long before these rockers are in rockers. lol

I dont know about you but we are not getting any older and they are older than me. 3 more years and I am 40! dang! cant be.
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I can imagine what the ticket prices will be...

When Poj and I saw KISS and Aerosmith in '03, we paid 115.00 for seats that weren't even on the floor....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

saw aeroshit around 1990 together with poison and whitesnake (vai-version) and poison blew aeroshit from the stage...they were so shitty...and when I see the crue vids from live aid or last tour...dunno...but I cunt say what's worse...their looks or their playing....
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX

Can you imagine all the chicks that will be at these shows?
                    oh, yeah...they'll all be 40 years old, fat, and squeezed into their old stonewashed jeans.

no thank you!
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      oh, yeah...they'll all be 40 years old, fat, and squeezed into their old stonewashed jeans.

no thank you!
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• frets5150
                        Commando
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                        I dont know about you but we are not getting any older and they are older than me. 3 more years and I am 40! dang! cant be.
                        HUH?

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Last time I saw Aerosmith was in 1988.

Guns and Roses opened up for them, and blew them off the fucking stage. Those guys were just fucking primed, blasting Appetite live. Aerosmith came on playing shit like Angel, and Dude Looks Like A Lady inbetween all the classic hits, and it was kind of a letdown.

Only other time I saw the Smith was in 1985 before they cleaned up. Tyler was drunk, Perry looked fucked up, and the band wasn't quite as rehearsed as they are nowadays (the half-dozen or so times I've seen them play live on tv since 1987 showed that these guys have their shit together live far as playing goes)...but the show was great. The band were in the stages of trying to make a comeback (pre RUNDMC Walk This Way bullshit), but hadn't quite cleaned up yet, and it reeked if an authenticity that the band just no longer has. Something about Joe Perry hawking his hot-sauce on Emeril's show and those power ballads from 1987 onward just made that band moot for me.

...I dunno. If you really wanna see Aerosmith play live, pick up a copy of Aerosmith's video scrapbook. An old VHS tape from 1987 or so, chock full of live classics from the 1970s. You know, back when Aerosmith were a fucked-up ROCK band, as opposed to the corporate nostalgia machine they've turned into.

But if you still dig those bands, it will be a killer lineup.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

All opinions are welcome, and heard openly.

However, Aerosmith and Crue still know how to rock, and rock hard.

If you'd rather stay home, great, do so.

I'd advise y'all to see this double-bill lineup if you get the chance.

I've seen 'em both recently, and that's the opinion I'm sticking with.

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

I'll go, if i wanted what was -like a time machine- into the 70s as far
                              as there not worth seeing because of what was they were..?

Id also like to be 22 again or never leave the house. Its about a night out and may be a fun time .

What we need is younger bands that ROCK to got some air time and
                              money instead of shelved by greedy producers and Media co.Who
                              see brittney and those drum machine Do it in the Mix, Black or White
                              Hacks, as the msot money makeing tours of 2005.
                              How pitifull the scene is is to horrible to describe.Yes ?No ?

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

no thank you!
                                You mean acid wash don't you?

Comment

Working...