Clear All
  • Douglas T.
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

..better than any NerVANa!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by bru87tr
      they didnt lose it after TEN they never had it.

they were a fad like the rest of them. hence foo fighters.... no one cares anymore about them. that music is boring and long forgot like the backassboys.

An' then there's a whole 'notha class of idiot.

This site really, really needs more hair band douche bags that hate 'grunge.'

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great

An' then there's a whole 'notha class of idiot.

This site really, really needs more hair band douche bags that hate 'grunge.'
        Wouldn't be fun without 'em...
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Loons The Great

I concur.

This version of RWTD they are talkin' 'bout was a drunken 'jam' at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle, WA with Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, and members of the band Brad. It's from 10-12 years ago for fucks sake.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
            I concur.

This version of RWTD they are talkin' 'bout was a drunken 'jam' at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle, WA with Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, and members of the band Brad. It's from 10-12 years ago for fucks sake.
            In other words, fuggeddaboutit, I guess...
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Just thought it was fun that they banged out a few VH notes! That's all .. not tying to change the world!

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                Sniper
                • Aug 2005

Re: Pearl Jam covers RWTD!

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                Just bought a disc off the street corner and its' PEARL JAM LIVE in '95! They cover RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL! Well it's Stone G. singing it and they kill it! more like just a jam session while playing RWD! Anyone hear this before? Other tha the crowd going crazy when the start the bass line the song sucks!

Pearl Jam doing a cover of ANY Classic Van Halen song should be a mortal sin.

"Pearl Jam shalt not cover thy Classic Van Halen Songs..."

Comment

• Loons The Great

Just thought it was fun that they banged out a few VH notes! That's all .. not tying to change the world!
                  LOL
                  Phish did a better version of RWTD.

Comment

• bru87tr
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

grunge sucks alot of monkey dick!

although I will agree the foo fighters are pretty good. DG is pretty talented guy. but I am right that no one gives a fuck. the style of music was done along time ago.
                    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Douglas T.
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I say good ridence! bah humbug music! Let's wear a ripped sweater shall we?

Comment

• Loons The Great

Pearl Jam still releases great albums and is one of THE great live bands around. Chris Cornell continues to kick some serious ass in Audioslave. Mark Lanegan(of Screaming Trees) is still making awesome solo albums and is a part-time member of Queens Of The Stone Age. Scott Weiland is in Velvet Revolver. Dave Grohl is fronting the Foo Fighters. Jerry Cantrell's solo records are good...the sound like AIC demos before Layne put a vocal on them. So, my point is that plenty of mofos care about 'this music.' What you shouldn't care about is the media's bullshit marketing about grunge and flannel, etc.

And Pearl Jam's,"Dock Of The Bay," with Steve Cropper just dusts the Sammy"My Mammy"Hagar version...FO' SHO'...

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

COOL and I heard that if you put in 'Rear View Mirror 'and play it backwards while smashing your head against a wall it sounds like "Up For Breakfast!'
                          I had to go to thier site to remember the name of this tune.

-Alive- was all and all iv'e ever known of this band.

I had these tiny radio head set i would wear under my helmet when i rode my bike ( totally against the law) It was a good toolin around tune

It is so cool weaving in and out of traffic Feelin./.. I'm Still Alive.
                          this tune has good everything it accelerates at the end slowly
                          whind this puppy up to max speed feel the wind in your hair...

Other than that I jus don't Know.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Y'all are right. Fuck grunge, man. They tried to kill the guitar solo, man. Bunch of depressed whiners, dude. Dokken rules!! I hate songs without guitar solos, shit.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2004

I saw Smash Mouth last Summer and the did a great cover of runnin' with the devil.
                              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• bru87tr
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2004

pearl jam still sucks ass! they have not released a great album....ever. maybe ten at the time but it has not stood the test of time. no one gives a fuck about them.

I will agree with audioslave and CC being good. Velvet Revolver is good but they have alot of guitar, I mean power guitar.

the rest again, suck donkey dick and I am absolutely correct in no one give a fuck. what do you consider great albums ? cause PJ doesnt put out great albums today...lol

jerry cantrell kicks ass. I never considered them grunge. a bit o rock and acid music yes but not grunge. but hes shit without a lead singer to make it a band.

none of these bands can be mentioned in the same breath as VH, which is true rock!!!!!!

your right grunge was out to kill the guitar solo. they wouldnt know a guitar solo if it were written for any of them. grunge was about the easy riff. JC of AIC was the only guitarist that could kick out a kick ass solo.
                                Last edited by bru87tr; 01-14-2006, 11:04 PM.
                                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...