Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

This information apparently comes from the Van Halen encyclopedia with Edward's acknowledgement

I've got 5 of the shows listed
    Last edited by jgdrag; 01-24-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Rizla
      Full On Cocktard
      • Feb 2006

There was definitely someone who came onstage late in the show during the "1980 Invasion" tour with a film camera, and it wasn't super-8. Here in Tucson, the cameraman was onstage maybe 30 seconds, filming the audience. If they did it here, and elsewhere, there must be tons of footage somewhere, but maybe not what would be considered a standard concert film shoot.

I was 11 at the time. I think I'd dig the show a thousand times more now. Hash pipes passed around and frisbees flying across the arena.

Someone definitely needs to track down Mr. Krellmans, whatever his real name is.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jgdrag

I've got 5 of the shows listed
        nobody cares, unless you're interested in sharing.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• jgdrag
          Sniper
          • Jul 2005

Sure, with everyone but you.

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If you go to the post entitled Oakland, I list all the shows that were taped by either Warner or BTB Productions, you will be surprised
            what, you know who BTB's are?
            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

here is the list of recorded Van Halen shows

1.) 5/13/79: Orpheum Theater, Boston MA....Video recordings Exists.

2.) The "WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST" "WORLD INVASION" Tour 1980....
              "A Dutch cinematographer (reportedly named Snade Krellmans) was hired to document the tour on film and the band intended to release a documentary that would rival the WHO's The KIds Are Alright and LED ZEPPELIN's THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME. UNFORTUNATELY, the footage was never released."

3.) 9/19-20/80: Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA... "At Least One of these L.A. shows was filmed. DAVE even invited the camera crew on stage to film the audience."

4.) 6/11, 12, & 13/81: Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA... According to DAVE, ALL THREE OF THESE SHOWS were filmed, but only the third night was a keeper. According to WARNER BROTHERS, special attention was paid to the FIRST show...There remains some confusion about exactly which show was used for the (three) videos."

5.) 7/28/81: Capitol Centre, Largo, MD... WARNER BROTHERS films these shows.

6.) 10/11-12/82: Capitol Centre, Largo, MD...WARNER BROTHERS filmed these shows.

7.) 10/27/82: Montreal Forum, Montreal, QE...Video recordings exist.

8.) 11/13/82: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY...Video recordings exist.

9.)1/16/83: Paliebro, Caracas, VENEZUELA....Video recording exist.

10) 1/22/83: Ibirapuera Gymnasium, Sao Paulo, BRAZIL...Video recording exists.

11.) 2/11/83: Auditorio Obras, Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA...Video
              recording exist.

12.) 5/29/83:US FESTIVAL Glen Helen Regional Park, San Bernardino, CA...Video exist. "Four of the songs performed were included in a special ShowTime presentation of the three-day event: "Running With the Devil." "(Oh) Pretty Woman," "You Really got ME," " and "Happy Trails". The film was done by Pacific Video and was produced by Robert Lombard and Noel Monk. Donn Landee was in charge of the audio. All four tunes were touched up with numerous overdubs prior to being shown."

13.) 3/26/04: Capitol Centre, Largo, MD...

WARNER BROTHERS films this show.

14.) 4/19/84: Montreal Forum, MOntreal, QE...Video recording exist.

15.) 8/18/84: Donington Park Castle, Donington, Leicestershire, UK...This VAN HALEN show was FILMED and the performance of "Hot For Teacher" was used by European MTV.

[
              Nice list...Looks kinda familiar.....Hmmmmm.....

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

"posted: 07-25-2005 at 01:43 AM
                Classic Van Halen: The Hidden Filmed History

I know we've all asked the question: Why do the Sisters resist putting out any concert footage from CLASSIC VAN HALEN?

Fear of DAVEs popularity?

Scared the SHEEP will finally see what a SHAM the band has been since the original lineup broke up?

Or...as the Sisters claim...is there very little actual footage out there?

Just received THE VAN HALEN ENCYCLOPEDIA: The History of the World's Greatest Rock Band by C. J. Chilvers this weekend. Thought I'd take a look and find out what this VAN HALEN "expert" found on the subject.

Lets see....

"A Dutch cinematographer (reportedly named Snade Krellmans) was hired to document the tour on film and the band intended to release a documentary that would rival the WHO's The KIds Are Alright and LED ZEPPELIN's THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME. UNFORTUNATELY, the footage was never released."

3.) 9/19-20/80: Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA... "At Least One of these L.A. shows was filmed. DAVE even invited the camera crew on stage to film the audience."

4.) 6/11, 12, & 13/81: Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA... According to DAVE, ALL THREE OF THESE SHOWS were filmed, but only the third night was a keeper. According to WARNER BROTHERS, special attention was paid to the FIRST show...There remains some confusion about exactly which show was used for the (three) videos."

6.) 10/11-12/82: Capitol Centre, Largo, MD...WARNER BROTHERS filmed these shows.

8.) 11/13/82: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY...Video recordings exist.

recording exist.

12.) 5/29/83:US FESTIVAL Glen Helen Regional Park, San Bernardino, CA...Video exist. "Four of the songs performed were included in a special ShowTime presentation of the three-day event: "Running With the Devil." "(Oh) Pretty Woman," "You Really got ME," " and "Happy Trails". The film was done by Pacific Video and was produced by Robert Lombard and Noel Monk. Donn Landee was in charge of the audio. All four tunes were touched up with numerous overdubs prior to being shown."

15.) 8/18/84: Donington Park Castle, Donington, Leicestershire, UK...This VAN HALEN show was FILMED and the performance of "Hot For Teacher" was used by European MTV.

Well I'll be.....Isn't the Official Sister stance that there is NOTHING in the vault?!?
                EVH is mentioned in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS!!!

They could do like Jimmy Page and PURCHASE any decent video themselves. The 1970 concert that opens the LED ZEPPELIN DVD wasn't owned by the band. Page recently purchased it & had it digitally restored. With the abundance of WARNER BROTHERS film & the outside sources, there would be an EXCELLENT film of CLASSIC VAN HALEN in their PRIME.

I know some of this is common knowledge for the Vet's of the ARMY. Thought I'd share this with those who are interested.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!!"

Oh yeah...that's why it looked familiar...BECAUSE I sat there and compiled the DAMN THING from the VH encyclopedia......

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2003

"posted: 07-25-2005 at 01:43 AM
                  Classic Van Halen: The Hidden Filmed History

I know we've all asked the question: Why do the Sisters resist putting out any concert footage from CLASSIC VAN HALEN?

Fear of DAVEs popularity?

Scared the SHEEP will finally see what a SHAM the band has been since the original lineup broke up?

Or...as the Sisters claim...is there very little actual footage out there?

Just received THE VAN HALEN ENCYCLOPEDIA: The History of the World's Greatest Rock Band by C. J. Chilvers this weekend. Thought I'd take a look and find out what this VAN HALEN "expert" found on the subject.

Lets see....

recording exist.

Well I'll be.....Isn't the Official Sister stance that there is NOTHING in the vault?!?
                  EVH is mentioned in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS!!!

They could do like Jimmy Page and PURCHASE any decent video themselves. The 1970 concert that opens the LED ZEPPELIN DVD wasn't owned by the band. Page recently purchased it & had it digitally restored. With the abundance of WARNER BROTHERS film & the outside sources, there would be an EXCELLENT film of CLASSIC VAN HALEN in their PRIME.

I know some of this is common knowledge for the Vet's of the ARMY. Thought I'd share this with those who are interested.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!!"

Oh yeah...that's why it looked familiar...BECAUSE I sat there and compiled the DAMN THING from the VH encyclopedia......

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                  "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Rizla
                    There was definitely someone who came onstage late in the show during the "1980 Invasion" tour with a film camera, and it wasn't super-8. Here in Tucson, the cameraman was onstage maybe 30 seconds, filming the audience. If they did it here, and elsewhere, there must be tons of footage somewhere, but maybe not what would be considered a standard concert film shoot.

The same thing happened in Toronto @ Maple Leaf Gardens.Same tour. I remember thinking they were gonna release some thing for sure..

I'm still waiting............
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

I will tell ya what is going on...

Edward Van Heineken & Alex Wifeybeat need to DIE!

That apparently is the only way we will ever get to see any of the above film footage.

Deadward does not care about the VERY PEOPLE WHO MADE HIM A SUCCESS!!!

Look, he constantly yammers on and on about how much he is proud of his son Wolfie, etc. etc.

Well Guess what SUCKO????

MEESAGE TO EDWARD THE DRUNK

IF IT WERE NOT FOR YOUR FUCKING FANS, YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE EVER EVEN MET VALERIE BERTINELLI, MUCH LESS FUCKED HER!!!!!!!!

YOU MET HER AND MARRIED BECAUSE YOU WERE A RICH & FAMOUS ROCK STAR!!!

WHO PUT YOU IN THAT POSITION???

YOUR FUCKING FANS YOU PATHETIC LOSER!!!!

IF IT WERE NOT FOR YOUR FUCKING FANS, ASSMUNCH, YOU WOULD NOT BE RICH, YOU WOULD NOT BE FAMOUS, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A MANSION IN BEVERLY HILLS, YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SCREW VAL, AND YOU MOST CERTAINLY WOULD NEVER HAVE HAD WOLFY!!!

YOU OWE EVERY FUCKING THING YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW TO THE FACT THAT IT WAS US, THE FANS, WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO HAVE IT ALL!!!

AND YOU DARE TO DENY YOUR FANS THE CHANCE TO OWN DVDs OF THE VERY BAND THAT WE SUPPORTED????

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING GODDAMNABLE ALCOHOLIC FUCK ARE YOU?

WHY IN THE FUCK DON'T YOU JUST GET IN ONE OF YOUR GODDAMNED LAMBORGHINIS AND DRIVE IT OFF THE CLIFF?

AT LEAST IF YOU WERE DEAD WOLFIE OR VAL MIGHT HAVE THE DESIRE TO RELEASE SOME OF THE GREAT STUFF THAT IS COLLECTING DUST IN THE FILM VAULTS AT WARNER BROTHERS!

IT SEEMS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING DESIRE TO DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF!!!

FUCKING SELFISH BASTARD!!!

FUCK YOU, EDWARD DRUNK VAN HEINEKEN!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

RELEASE THE HOUNDS !!!!!

´´´´´´´´´´´1¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶1´´´´´´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´o¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¢Â´Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶ø1oø¢¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶o¶o¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´¶7¶¶11oo¢¶¶11¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â´Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´´´¶¶¶¶7´$¶ø¶´ø¶$¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶$¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶´´´´
                        ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶o¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶´´´´
                        ´´¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´o¶¶¶´´´´
                        ´´¶¶¶¶7´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶77¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶$7¶¶´¶¶¶´´´´
                        ´´´¶¶¶¶´¶¶¶¶77´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1´ ´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´o¶´¶¶´´´´
                        ´´´¶¶¶¶´¶7´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶7´ ´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´
                        ´´´ø¶¶1¢´´´´´´´´´´1¶¶¶¶¶¶´ ´´´´´´´´´¶7´¶´´´´
                        ´´´´¶¶´¶¶øo´´´´´´´¢¶´¶´¶¶ ¶Â¢Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´1¶¶¶¶¢¶ø´´´
                        ´´´´o¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶´´¶ ¶Â¶Â¶7¶¶$¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´
                        ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶$´´¢o´´¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´
                        ´´´´´7ø¶¶7¶ø¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶oo¢ø¶´¶´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´7¶¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â¢Â¶$´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶1¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ø¶ ´Â¶oo´o¶¶¶¶ø´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶ø´¶´´´´´´$´´ ´Â´Â´Ã¸Â¶Ã¸Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´´´´´´´7¶¶¶¶o´´o¶¶ø¶1¶7´¶o1 ´Â´Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶7´´´o´o1´¶´ ¶¶¶´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´´´o¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Â¶Ã¸Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´
                        ´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´$¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶Â¶Â¶Â¶o´´´´´´´´´´´´´
                        ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´7$¶¶$17¶¶¶¶ ´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´Â´

Comment

• Rizla
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Feb 2006

It's a rewriting of history, is what it is. Alex and Ed probably hate to remember the fact that they were once taken SERIOUSLY. That radio show from the WACF tour that diamondjimi posted says it all. Can you imagine anyone getting so worked up over beer-commercial music like the 5150 album?

The whole bad dream of the last twenty years of Van Halen made many former fans, like myself, disregard everything the Van Halen brothers did. The good thing about sites like this is that anyone can go through the old footage and see where the magic lies, and it sure as hell isn't with Sammy Hagar.

After so many years of bad vibes from the VH bros, it is seriously shocking to see the footage from 1981 and remember what a terrifyingly great band they were.

Jealousy is involved, as many on this site have pointed out. Seeing the footage of Dave, even that Letterman show posted here, shows what a perfect front man he was, and makes the last twenty years seem like a joke.

The sheer stupidity of it all...erasing your own history...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Agreed Bro.

5 stars to you !

BTW...."Rizla" are my fav. papers..
                            Last edited by Diamondjimi; 02-17-2006, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• jgdrag
                              Sniper
                              • Jul 2005

I'll agree to that!

Comment

• Jurak
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2005

and I as well........

HardRock.......speaks the fuckin truth.......nicely written
                                "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
                                That is all.
                                Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

Working...