Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Southern Harmony is one on the 5 best albums released in the decade of the 90's. Amorica's only problem was it was released after Kurt Cobain took his dirt nap and all the little whiny teenagers had turned to "grunge" or "alternative". VERY underrated record.

FYI - Steve Gorman hosts a sports and music talk/call in show in Nashville.
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      Before the Frost was a really good album with a few spectacular songs. Much like the one before it. They can just keep on recording and performing kick ass rock music and I'll be happy.
      Good Morning Captain kicks it off just right...all the way up until Last Place that Love Lives... great stuff, great stuff.

If I have it on in the car, my son will invariably be singing "Garden Gate" the rest of the day without realizing it...
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• fourthcoming

It was risky to see them live early one because they were so unpredictable. You were lucky to see 2 good ones! Their second album to me is their masterpiece. The songs and the production are just so perfect. And it's a great to one to play guitar to. Get that open G goin'.
        When I saw them on the Southern Harmony tour I was particularly lucky. My buddy's father called me that day and told me he won tix on the radio to see them play at Hofstra university....I know I said c.w. post earlier.....but now that I'm thinking back I distinctly remember it was Hofstra.....I remember cuz the grateful Dead were playing right across the street at Nassau Coliseum that night. My buddy and I had no weed cuz for some strange reason there was a serious drought by me around that time. We Literally parked at the campus, crossed the street, jumped the parking lot fence for the Coliseum and began searching for smoke.....which was pretty damn easy at a Dead show one would think......struck out on the weed front, scored some amazing shrooms from some dude who looked like Lenny kravitz, went back across the street and watched the crowes put on a killer show. I distinctly remember they had a huge green curtain for a backdrop with a pot leaf on it and the words "legalize it" printed underneath the leaf. Hell of a show......Shake your money maker will always be my favorite album of theirs though. The next night we went back to the Coliseum for the Dead....but that's another conversation for another time.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          I really think that 'By Your Side' is chronically under-rated.....
          You're right binnie By Your Side kicks ass! It's their hardest album so of course you dig it!

The title song, Stop Kickin My Heart Around, and especially... GO FASTER! God damn Go Faster rocks so hard. I've heard them play the first two but never Go Faster. That's a rare one. I never listen to that album anymore because I had a shitty CDR copy back in the day. I need to go buy that CD because it's a good one.

Gone is my favorite and I did get to hear it live, but unfortunately one of Hillsborough County's finest was about 10 feet away from me patrolling the dangerous Black Crowes crowd to prevent any drug abuse activity. A crime I tell ya.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            When I saw them on the Southern Harmony tour I was particularly lucky. I remember cuz the grateful Dead were playing right across the street at Nassau Coliseum that night. My buddy and I had no weed cuz for some strange reason there was a serious drought by me around that time. We Literally parked at the campus, crossed the street, jumped the parking lot fence for the Coliseum and began searching for smoke.....which was pretty damn easy at a Dead show one would think......
            Dude coming out of Shakedown Street... around NYC... and not scoring? That's a serious god damn drought! I was gonna say "yeah you're out but then you go into the Coliseum parking lot and get hooked up!" But nope. Shit I was only at one real shakedown street and came away with some sweet hash! From some weird little yoda-like dude. Rock and roll.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• fourthcoming

Dude coming out of Shakedown Street... around NYC... and not scoring? That's a serious god damn drought! I was gonna say "yeah you're out but then you go into the Coliseum parking lot and get hooked up!" But nope. Shit I was only at one real shakedown street and came away with some sweet hash! From some weird little yoda-like dude. Rock and roll.
              Haaa.....weird little Yoda like dude......that made me literally laugh out loud at my desk just now.....yea.....Don't quite remember if it was spring or fall of 90' or 91'....I know it was not too long after brett Mydland died and Bruce hornsby filled in when the Dead were in town during the Crowes show I mentioned but for some reason the drought was in full effect for a month or so....I'm sure I could have scored at the Dead but my buddy and I were two clean cut looking dudes.....undercover burnouts so I think alot of people probably thought we were narc'ing it up. Not a bad consellation prize with the shroomies.....ahh to be young again. The next night we met some cool little flower girl who smoked opium hash with in exchange for some cerveza's....was only fortunate enough to see 3 Dead shows....one at MSG two at the Coliseum but those were good times......and I was always a metal head growing up but there's nothing wrong with diversity.

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Great band, great songs, great manager...
                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                  Haaa.....weird little Yoda like dude......that made me literally laugh out loud at my desk just now.....yea.....

He was like 5'1" and squirrely wondering around in this huge bazaar mumbling to everyone that passed "hashish... hash.... hashish... hash...." I was like hell's yeah!
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

If you feel like a riot, then don't you deny it
                    Put your good foot forward
                    No need for heroics I just want you to show it

Listening to the crowes on a hot sunny day ... Rock n roll indeed
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

great driving song too.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Hiatus is over!

THE BLACK CROWES Announce Special All-Acoustic Show In Nashville - Jan. 8, 2013
                          For THE BLACK CROWES, it's always been about musical exploration, and on their "Lay Down With Number 13" world tour in 2013, for which tickets go on sale January 11 at 10:13 a.m. local time, they'll keep their shows as fresh as ever. The iconic and influential band will reach deep inside their songbook and extensive catalog, performing greatly varied set lists. The tour's first leg will encompass dates in the U.K. March 24-30 and the U.S. April 2-May 4.

For their two-night engagement at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium April 20 and 21, the band — Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass), Adam MacDougall and new member Jackie Greene (guitar, vocals) — have announced that the second night (April 21) will mark the tour's only acoustic show, featuring special guests performing with the band.

"THE BLACK CROWES road has come calling again for us," says Chris Robinson. "Our music is a living, breathing thing, and we go where ever it takes us. In a world of rock and roll tourists, we look forward to seeing our friends and loyal travelers who will join us and be a part of the shows. The musical horizon beckons."

For the first time since the band's 1990 multi-platinum debut album, "Shake Your Money Maker", THE BLACK CROWES are offering their fans a limited number of VIP packages which include a meet-and-greet photo opportunity, poster signed by the band, collectible laminate, merchandise vouchers and early entrance in the venue. Check out BlackCrowes.com for more details.

A week before the tour's launch, the band will release on March 19 the live set "Wiser For The Time" (Silver Arrow/Megaforce Records). Its mammoth eight sides on four vinyl albums will contain 26 songs — 15 acoustic and 11 electric — from the band's five-night, sold-out New York City performances in the fall of 2010. These never-released-before versions will also be available as a double album digital download.

As a Christmas gift to their fans, the band has offered via their website a free mobile web app. It includes a free download of the acoustic version of "Under A Mountain" (the "Three Snakes And One Charm" song which contains the lyrics "Lay down with number 13") performed live in New York City in 2010. This offering is exclusive and not included on "Wiser For The Time".

The first leg of the "Lay Down With Number 13" tour begins March 24 in Manchester in the U.K. and will run through May 4 in New Orleans. Highlights of the itinerary include two-night stands in London (The Forum), Port Chester, New York (at the recently reopened historic venue the Capitol Theatre), New York City (Terminal 5), Chicago (The Vic), Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club) and Nashville (Ryman Auditorium) and a special late-night performance at The Historic Mahalia Jackson Theatre in the French Quarter following Jazz Fest.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

One band that I absolutely love who I am yet to see live.

It's a bucket list thing.....
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

i got love for the crowes
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2010

New Black Crowes tour ?!? Consider me there ! New Black Crowes release ?!? Consider it mine !
                                When they hit St. Louis they will probably play The Pageant . Hell Yeah !

Comment

Working...