• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
    Damnit, if it wasn't mid-week I'd hit that and/or Orlando.. Bummer
    Yeah I'm not thrilled with Tue night but the lack of any decent concerts here and the short list of cities for this tour convinced me not to complain about that.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I like their drummer. He plays slightly behind the beat like John Bonham did.

And that gives their music a bit more slam-bang.

But they are not my cup of tea. I like heavier stuff.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Robinson brothers on Howard Stern right now, announcing a reunion tour next summer
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Excellent news. Always loved that band. Definitely the reunion I'd been waiting for, for years.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The brothers are the only members of the original band reuniting. Four new guys in the band.

When I saw them on the Southern Harmony tour they might have been an eight-piece.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Their second album, that backed the Southern Harmony tour that you saw, is slightly above the rest of their albums IMO.
              My second fave is By your Side.
              Too bad other original or other long-time members don't take part in this reunion.

Basically, those guys did a tour de force: making new stuff with an old recipe. They saved the 1990s musically in my book.

I still remember the first two tracks in "Lions" as one of the best pair of songs to open an album ever.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• silverfish
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                Too bad other original or other long-time members don't take part in this reunion.
                In the case of original drummer Steve Gorman - he wasn't invited to participate:

I just started reading Gorman's book. I'm only on Chapter 7 where Pete Angelus
                gets involved. I realize it's only one guy's take on history but even if a portion of
                the book is accurate, it's a wonder the band did as well as they did for so long as
                they did. The dynamic was effed from the get go.
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Reunion rumors have been going on since the summer. Gorman has said he wasn't interested in reuniting. I have to pick up the book.

Grimes says Gorman is in a band called Trigger Hippy. I haven't checked them out yet.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Gorman has said he wasn't interested in reuniting. I have to pick up the book.
                    I'm about 1/2 way through. Crowes opening for the Stones. One of the best lines:
                    Someone introducing Keith to the BC says "Keith, these are the Black Crowes. You
                    know them?" Keith: "Know 'em? Hell, I wrote 'em, Baby."

If you visit the amazon page you can "Look Inside" and read the first 4 chapters.
                    Granted, that's only up to when they were still Mr. Crowes Garden and working on
                    the songs that would eventually turn into the first LP but it should give you an idea
                    if you wanna read more.

Then there's this:

Black Crowes At The Troubadour
                    That’s rock and roll. You know it when you see it, when you feel it, when you hear it. Now I know why Chris Robinson gets all the girls. In regular life, he’s just a skinny, geeky guy. …
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Found the book. Gonna try to get into it this week.

Comment

• High Life Man
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

Grimes says Gorman is in a band called Trigger Hippy. I haven't checked them out yet.
                        Listened to their new album last week. Wasn't impressed.

I will be buying tickets to the BC show this Summer, however. Lawn seats are only $19 over by me.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think lawns are $25 here. We might go to Pittsburgh though.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Southern harmony is great if it’s not it your top ten albums what can I say ... you don’t like da band ��
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Finished the Gorman book. Good read. Those guys are fucked up!

Gorman mentions some of the Jimmy Page rehearsals are on YouTube...and he's right

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Led Zeppelin with the Crowes... Not TWO guitars, but THREE... At the Greek, what a treat!

Comment

Working...