No announcement yet.

The Black Crowes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mighty Black Crowes played Mojo Hand in St. Louie back in '01 yez yez nah.

Comment

ahahah..."DREAMS"..."TELL THE TRUTH"...i'm guessing those are not the songs we think they are...ahahah
      Thats the same thing I was thinking.

Is the Sin City on there also AC/DC's?

Comment

"Dreams" is an old Allman Bros jam

Hey Loons, don't you have a Crowes boot collection?
        Eat Us and Smile!
        Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

hell, I asked the Crowes fans over at their message board if that "She" was a Kiss song :0
          Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

Nebekenezzer nevah knew

Originally posted by hain23x
            "Dreams" is an old Allman Bros jam

Hey Loons, don't you have a Crowes boot collection?
            Sho' 'Nuff...even taped a show way back in '95. "Tell The Truth" is some kinda Clapton sumthin' or nutha I believe...Derek and The Dominoes or Blind Faith...maybe...I could be wrong...wrongdoers respect me...

Comment

Awesome band!
              SUMMER'S JUST
              AROUND
              THE CORNER!

[IMG]
              http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

Hats off to the mighty Black Crowes for treatin' their fans like I wish some bands had a notion to nah.

Comment

I saw them on tour with Tom Petty. They had about 4 good songs, then they all started sounding the same. Tom Petty blew them off stage. It was a great concert though

Comment

The Crowes have been achieving a tour-de-force over the years: they are strongly influenced by Led Zep' (mostly), the Stones, the Faces (but maybe it's not in purpose), and a lot of their music is deeply coloured with full Southern flavour (nothing amazing as they are from the South themselves)...
                    But they never ever sound outdated, they always sound genuine (which they are)... It surely is their phenomenal faith, inspiration and singularity that enabled them to be so creative on a road that everybody thought was closed: but there must be another ingredient that I just can't identify.
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

How many albums do they have anyways?
                      sigpic

Comment

Six studio albums, plus the awesome Live at the Greek with Jimmy Page and their own 2-record live album of 2002.
                        I've got all of them, but I mostly play "Southern Harmony & Musical Companion" and "Lions", besides the two live albums.

Damn, I dig "Lions" for the two opening tracks, mostly. Few records start with such kickass tunes as far as I know.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

they have a DVD coming out in March!!!

Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            I've got all of them, but I mostly play "Southern Harmony & Musical Companion" and "Lions", besides the two live albums.
                            Ack, missed this one- So you can appreciate "Southern" even though it was more acoustical than the debut?
                            I liked "Southern" in the beginning, but lost interest after the 3rd album which was electrical again.
                            I thought they faded after "snakes & a charm."
                            sigpic

Comment

uh, there's only 1 acoustic song on southern harmony... well actually 2, that cover at the end.

Souther Harmony and Amorica are their best two albums

and get that DVD!! wal mart selling it cheap for about 10$
                              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by hain23x
                                uh, there's only 1 acoustic song on southern harmony... well actually 2, that cover at the end.
                                Really? For some reason I thought the entire "Southern" was so different than "Shake".
                                "Amorica"- that was the name of the 3rd album. Still makes me wonder why everyone else says the first album is the best.
                                I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion, but what makes the 2nd and 3rd albums the best to you?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X