X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Excellent find DLR-EM...

I recall reading that interview, in fact I recall quoting parts of it from memory over at the LINKS where some douche was trying to say that DAVE: a.) never wrote the lyrics to MWM or CGTSNM b.) used Pro-Tools to alter his voice (of course the fact that Pro-Tools didn't exist in 1996, nor were they at 5150, didn't stop him) This interview quite honestly transformed my complete apathy towards Ed and VAN HAGAR, to total and utter, hatred.

"'The songs that were written in the '80s, with all the sexual innuendo and the double entendres, that's...irrelevant,' says the senior Van Halen brother."

Yeah, whatever ALEXIS, maybe you can go write a song based on sexual 'double-entendres' for breakfast food. Douche bag! "He stuffed his banana up my tailpipe, so early in the morning..."
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-18-2006, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Loons The Great

The Great Demos. Law'd Law'd Law'd.

Comment

• bru87tr
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

"He tells Ed, 'Hey, man, don't you f---in' be talkin' about that s---.' I thought, Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait--who's in the band and who isn't? And who's gonna talk about who's gonna say what to who?"

funny thing is ed thinks he is the innocent one here. his attitude is way out of line. he should know by now hes bad press and dave is good press. ed could put the whole media to sleep and make the band sound like they are 85 years old. you dont talk about that shit when a possible reunion is gonna happen. eds a bore.

"This charge leaves Eddie Van Halen flabbergasted nearly to the point of hyperventilation. "That's insane. If we'd hired somebody three months ago, we would've got that person to sing on the best-of! Why would we get Dave?" Though he acknowledges he probably talked to Cherone on the phone in August, while other singers were being auditioned, he never even met the ex-Extremist until after the MTV fiasco."

ed is such a liar! first dave left the band then spam left the band when infact both were fired. he will still play that card though. such BS he didnt have a lead singer before the tracks and appearance. he knows the public wants dave and promoting the best of with the new tracks by appearing on the mtv awards like it was a reunion was a great way to sell the best of. I hate reading his BS lies.

"Despite the falling-out with Dave, the band still wanted to make a "Me Wise Magic" video. Roth, after hedging, finally declined, despite pleading calls from the top brass at Warner Bros. John Beug, a Warner senior VP, believes Roth wouldn't have made a video under any scenario at that point: "He was pretty angry, and in the mode of 'I'm gonna take my football and go home'--which was unfortunate."

the only thing that was unfortunate was that they wouldnt make anymore money by making a video for mtv so the VH crowd and fans who didnt know the tracks exisited would be aware and in retun make more sales. video sells! why else would ed agree to a video still after having another fallout with the guy and pleading how much he hates him again. wacko!

"Eddie Van Halen says his new charge has "f---ing elephant balls from hell, or heaven" and describes the new tunes as "heavier than anything we've ever done and deeper on an emotional level; the kind of stuff that gives you goose bumps."

heavier ? goose bumps.... ow, hardly! then we know the rest as its the biggest sham VH had put together to date.

" Eddie says. "And if anything ever does happen, then I'll score movies or whatever, but that would be the end of Van Halen." He swears it. "I'll take up tuba."

well it looks to be the end of VH but I dont believe ed would bury his own name and give up on VH. he is too proud.

and I am still waiting for him to get on his knees unzip daves fly and suck on his tuba!
        "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Golden AWe
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

If i had to pick up a new username, I'd be "Eddie's hip"

I've been dreaming about this for ages...ahahahah
          Originally posted by Cato
          Golden, why are you FAT?
          Originally posted by lesfunk
          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• light 'em up!
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by thome
            He also eluded to that He Has the Demos and, "What would happen if I played them on the AIR"," Can I play them on the Air." Two questions
            put out by dave
            I knew this was coming... and I'm loving it!

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
              Did anybody catch, in between Phil the Stalker's rants on his shitting and masturbation practices, what Dave said about unreleased VH demos that he sang on? It was when he was reviewing the Stones album and he implied they were from the 1996 sessions. I believe he said he thought the tunes were awesome and predicted it would sell an "instant 10 million copies" if they were ever released.

He wondered aloud whether or not he could play the songs on the air since his voice is on them. I wonder how soon in the creative process Eddie applies for a copyright and if there is anything in any contracts between the parties around that time that would forbid Dave from playing the songs on the radio.

Instant 10million copies sold? Yup, that would be just from me.

Ed is such a fuck up that he has held this material back from the fans... just goes to show what Ed REALLY thinks of the fans, huh? What a miserable fuckhead...
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• light 'em up!
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Excellent find DLR-EM...

I recall reading that interview, in fact I recall quoting parts of it from memory over at the LINKS where some douche was trying to say that DAVE: a.) never wrote the lyrics to MWM or CGTSNM b.) used Pro-Tools to alter his voice (of course the fact that Pro-Tools didn't exist in 1996, nor were they at 5150, didn't stop him) This interview quite honestly transformed my complete apathy towards Ed and VAN HAGAR, to total and utter, hatred.
                Pro Tools was very much around in 1996.

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                  Unless I miss my guess, not at Howdy Doody Tunes...
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    He also said they were like VHI and so good that Eddie couldn't waste them on Hagar for the BOBW.

He hinted he would have sued him if he had...
                    HA!

I wanna here those songs.......................

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                      ed is such a liar! first dave left the band then spam left the band when infact both were fired. he will still play that card though. such BS he didnt have a lead singer before the tracks and appearance. he knows the public wants dave and promoting the best of with the new tracks by appearing on the mtv awards like it was a reunion was a great way to sell the best of. I hate reading his BS lies.
                      Actually, I already posted on another thread about a VERY long MP3 I D/L'd with Dave as a guest on Howard Stern's show, when 'CFTH' was first released on CD format (mid 90's).

Dave said repeatedly that yes, he did quit Van Halen, but it wasn't about doing a movie or too much keyboards. It was because of Eddie's continuous drug use, that in turn effected the music he'd offer Dave for the new album. Ed's usual riffs were becoming softer and softer, and despite Dave giving Ed several chances to start again, Ed kept hitting the bottle and drugs etc. Dave said that he wouldn't have minded because he's no angel either, but that he himself never let his partying negatively influence the musical input.
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                        Okay, seems like you're correct, sorta.' Pro-Tools was first created in 1991. But it seemed that the program had to evolve to be used in professional recording. I don't really know, but according to the chart at the link, the first 24-bit Pro-Tools was created in 1997, and I'm pretty sure that that they didn't have it at 5150-proof anyways...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure they didn't tweak Dave's vocals with it.

Comment

• squib
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

you got anymore information on the "Eat Thy Neighbor" song that became summer nights?

Comment

• rockhead
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2006

I cant help but wonder if something is being organised with any of the old band members to make that statement.If he plays any of those songs and i mean IF, it would mean he would be trying to bait the audience for an opion but the sisters would smack him with a lawsuit.

Comment

• bru87tr
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

you are right my friend, brain fart. dont know why I said that about dave. I knew that too.

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                              Actually, I already posted on another thread about a VERY long MP3 I D/L'd with Dave as a guest on Howard Stern's show, when 'CFTH' was first released on CD format (mid 90's).

Dave said repeatedly that yes, he did quit Van Halen, but it wasn't about doing a movie or too much keyboards. It was because of Eddie's continuous drug use, that in turn effected the music he'd offer Dave for the new album. Ed's usual riffs were becoming softer and softer, and despite Dave giving Ed several chances to start again, Ed kept hitting the bottle and drugs etc. Dave said that he wouldn't have minded because he's no angel either, but that he himself never let his partying negatively influence the musical input.
                              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• thome
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern

First time I have ever heard that lawyers were responsible for VH not getting back together with DLR. Hmmmm...... [/B]
                                I believe that those are daves words i have read them here many
                                times and in many different ways the best was.

A poster here saying -The Lawyers- was due to Dave wanted Back Pay
                                for some classic VH he feels he lost when he walked out or
                                however it transpired. I don't want to put words in his mouth so my
                                view is Dave asked and -The Sisters- played hard ball.(lawyers played)

And that's why the 2001 reunion busted up .I have no idea wether Reunion- meant just a album release or it was to include a tour
                                Vid ????/ I Knoweth Knot.sayeth me....

PS this is also all heresay I wasn't privy to any of this I heard it here
                                and its a possible scenario.Yes/No??

Comment

Working...