DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Lukather defends EVH

EDDIE VAN HALEN Has 'A Lot Of Good Music Left' In Him: TOTO Guitarist LUKATHER - Jan. 18, 2006

Classic Rock Revisited recently conducted an interview with TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Classic Rock Revisited: A lot of people are worried about [Steve's good friend Eddie Van Halen]. Is he okay?

Steve: "He is fine. He went through a really rough spot. Let's face it, on top of what you may have heard about him hurting himself, he got divorced, got cancer and lost his mother all in the same year and a half period. And his band falls apart and there is all that bad vibe. It is tough on a cat. You have to give him a little slack. His body of work speaks for itself. There is still a lot of good music left in Ed. You just have to let him go through what he is going through.

"Rumors are dangerous. The Internet is dangerous. You start saying shit about somebody and then it morphs into this other shit. He is just a fucking man who is trying to raise his son and get his health and his mind right. It can't be easy being a guy like that. He has pressure to be absolutely brilliant every time he touches the instrument. You can't reinvent the wheel every time. He has been unfairly eaten alive. Give the guy a fucking break. Sometimes when you get older maybe you do lose a little of an edge. We are trying to bust our asses and trying to think what we are doing is valid and good. It is always going to be compared to your most famous work. Consequently, someone is going to say that it is not as good. Maybe everyone is going to say that and maybe it is true; I don't know. I can't imagine Jimi Hendrix being alive doing smooth jazz records. Who is to say that would not have happened? It is like going to see the SEX PISTOLS when they are 45 years old."

Read the entire interview at www.classicrockrevisited.com.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by diamondjimi
    EDDIE VAN HALEN Has 'A Lot Of Good Music Left' In Him: TOTO Guitarist LUKATHER - Jan. 18, 2006

Classic Rock Revisited recently conducted an interview with TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Classic Rock Revisited: A lot of people are worried about [Steve's good friend Eddie Van Halen]. Is he okay?

Steve: "He is fine. He went through a really rough spot. Let's face it, on top of what you may have heard about him hurting himself, he got divorced, got cancer and lost his mother all in the same year and a half period. And his band falls apart and there is all that bad vibe. It is tough on a cat. You have to give him a little slack. His body of work speaks for itself. There is still a lot of good music left in Ed. You just have to let him go through what he is going through.

"Rumors are dangerous. The Internet is dangerous. You start saying shit about somebody and then it morphs into this other shit. He is just a fucking man who is trying to raise his son and get his health and his mind right. It can't be easy being a guy like that. He has pressure to be absolutely brilliant every time he touches the instrument. You can't reinvent the wheel every time. He has been unfairly eaten alive. Give the guy a fucking break. Sometimes when you get older maybe you do lose a little of an edge. We are trying to bust our asses and trying to think what we are doing is valid and good. It is always going to be compared to your most famous work. Consequently, someone is going to say that it is not as good. Maybe everyone is going to say that and maybe it is true; I don't know. I can't imagine Jimi Hendrix being alive doing smooth jazz records. Who is to say that would not have happened? It is like going to see the SEX PISTOLS when they are 45 years old."

Read the entire interview at www.classicrockrevisited.com.

I'll agree with that. Eddie's only human. Should take care of himself and his kid, no doubt.

But his and his brother's treatment of Dave and CVH continues to be insulting. So while musically I agree, cut him some slack. But don't go releasing a double album of CVH greatest hits sandwiched between the Air Supply era. Not to mention NO MENTION or pix of CVH, only the Ched-Head. Then Alex stating it'll be a cold day in hell before Dave returns.

Alex still doesn't get it. Dave doesn't need 'em, at all.
    Whether it's with his own band, or as a DJ, or as an EMT.
    He doesn't need VH. Wants maybe, but not need.

If Alex doesn't publicly apologize and beg Dave to reunite with him and his brother, and to also relinquish managerial control over to Dave, then it very simply isn't worth's Dave's time. Period.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loons The Great
    Frankly I don't give a God damn about any Toto mofo nah. Can't Eddie find someone a lil' coolah to hang out with...like David Lee Roth.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    If Alex doesn't publicly apologize and beg Dave to reunite with him and his brother, and to also relinquish managerial control over to Dave, then it very simply isn't worth's Dave's time. Period.
    Amen.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    I'll agree with that. Eddie's only human. Should take care of himself and his kid, no doubt.

But his and his brother's treatment of Dave and CVH continues to be insulting. So while musically I agree, cut him some slack. But don't go releasing a double album of CVH greatest hits sandwiched between the Air Supply era. Not to mention NO MENTION or pix of CVH, only the Ched-Head. Then Alex stating it'll be a cold day in hell before Dave returns.

Alex still doesn't get it. Dave doesn't need 'em, at all.
    Whether it's with his own band, or as a DJ, or as an EMT.
    He doesn't need VH. Wants maybe, but not need.

Couldn't agree more...

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Y'know, I'd love to give Ed a break, but the problem is that he's hasn't just stunk up the room for a year or two... Ed hasn't recorded a great solo since 198-fuckin-4!!!!! For fuck's sake, Luke, get YOUR fuckin head together smell the fuckin COFFEE!!! Ed is NOT a GREAT guitarist without Dave telling him what's good, and what's NOT good... holy fuckin moose piss!!!!!!! Luke is just mad cuz Ed's his bud. Dude, I personally want Ed to come out and nail us with some SERIOUS Ed VanHalen-style guitar dominance, but that ain't fuckin' happenin cuz Ed has been slackin' for fuckin 21 YEARS!!! Kiss my ass.

PS -Toto rocks.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Originally posted by scottydabodi
    Y'know, I'd love to give Ed a break, but the problem is that he's hasn't just stunk up the room for a year or two... Ed hasn't recorded a great solo since 198-fuckin-4!!!!! For fuck's sake, Luke, get YOUR fuckin head together smell the fuckin COFFEE!!! Ed is NOT a GREAT guitarist without Dave telling him what's good, and what's NOT good... holy fuckin moose piss!!!!!!! Luke is just mad cuz Ed's his bud. Dude, I personally want Ed to come out and nail us with some SERIOUS Ed VanHalen-style guitar dominance, but that ain't fuckin' happenin cuz Ed has been slackin' for fuckin 21 YEARS!!! Kiss my ass.

PS -Toto rocks.
    And 'dats what the BODI said!!!

LIKE IT...OR DON'T LIKE...BUT BRUTHA...

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Matt, you sick fuckin bastid, what is up, BRO?? Dude, I finally got some time, so I'm back on the boards, baby!!! OWW!!!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Good to have you around Scotty!!!

Happy belated B-Day too!!!

You been checkin' out DAVE in the mornin's?!?

We've got that dick-bag Rover on in Detroit......

FUCK FUCK FUCK

He'll bomb...and then they'll bring in DIAMOND DAVE...

And I'll be "As happy as a little Girl!!!"

Loons The Great
    I guess toto is bettah than...Van Hagar.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I listen to DLR on 92.3 Free Radio here in NYC. Dave rocks. I must admit that I think Dave is gonna take a while to settle in, but I have heard some pretty interesting stuff on the show.... DLR rocks...

ALL HAIL MATTWHITE!!!

Nir - VAN - a
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2017 @ 02:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Give him a break?

Min. price $75 per ticket in '04...and came out on stage too drunk to play.

Fuck dat.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
    Give him a break?

Min. price $75 per ticket in '04...and came out on stage too drunk to play.

Fuck dat.
    ROTFFLMAO ! Amen!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

No shit.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Only an idiiot went to the 2004 tour.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-13-2007 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by scottydabodi
    holy fuckin moose piss!!!!!!
    PS -Toto rocks.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I remember dave talking on boston radio about some celebrety and he said something like

"another poor alcoholic millionaire crying about his hard live..."

sorry...I just cunt feel pity for that fucking lying weakling

Thread Information