Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2011 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

DeLay to Run again

Link

WASHINGTON - Confident of his chances in a tough November re-election race, former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay blasted the “runaway prosecutor,” dismissed fallout from a disgraced lobbyist and said he remains focused on pushing a conservative agenda in Congress.

“We've had an 11-year run of a Republican majority doing things that I’m incredibly proud of — cutting taxes, strong national defense, welfare reform, balancing the budget, paying down on the debt. I mean, one thing after another, we've been effective on it and the Democrats don't like it,” DeLay said in an interview on “Hardball with Chris Matthews.”

DeLay, a Texas Republican, was indicted last fall on money-laundering charges related to his re-election campaign. He stepped down from his post and announced Jan. 7 he would not seek to regain it.

Constituents have been “very, very supportive,” he said. “They know what Ronnie Earle is — a runaway district attorney who is abusing his power, indicting me on laws that don’t exist. ... The backlash is in my favor.”

Abramoff scandal
    When the talk turned to the issue of disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff, DeLay said he had not been implicated in the widening corruption probe.

“(The) Department of Justice has told my lawyers on several occasions that I’m not a target of this investigation,” DeLay told Matthews. “We have no problem here. All we have are leftist groups trying to create a sense of guilt by association in this case.”

Abramoff pleaded guilty on Jan. 3 to felony charges of fraud, tax evasion and conspiracy to bribe public officials. He also agreed to help prosecutors in their investigation of several members of Congress.

An associate of Abramoff and former DeLay aide, Michael Scanlon, pleaded guilty in November to conspiracy to bribe public officials.

“I think that’s really unfortunate that they broke the law and they’ve been found guilty breaking it,” DeLay added. “I had nothing to do with that. I’ve done nothing wrong. I haven't broken any laws.”

DeLay has not been linked to any wrongdoing regarding donations from Abramoff.

But the scandal prompted six members of Congress to return or donate money from the lobbyist and his associates. They were Rep. Ernest Istook, R-Okla.; Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.; Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont.; Rep. Denny Rehberg, R-Mont., Sen. Conrad Burns, R-Mont.; and Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D.

Democratic opposition
    DeLay took a swipe at potential Democratic challenger Nick Lamson, who he said was “trying to appear moderate” to appeal to his conservative constituents but would “then go to Washington and be buddies with [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi, voting with her 90-95 percent of the time.”

“Because Nancy Pelosi, MoveOn.org, George Sorrels, Howard Dean — not very popular people in the 22nd District of Texas, and he’s going to try to do both which he’s always done in his career.”

As for critics who have accused DeLay of strong-arm tactics and intolerance for dissent among fellow Republicans, the congressman had harsh words for them.

“They hate it because they’re losing. I have built a huge coalition to support our agenda of a limited government, strong national defense, protecting American families against overactive judiciary,” he said.

“Democrats hate it that I’m effective. They just hate it. And that's just too bad, but we're going to keep on working as hard as we can for the conservative agenda for the future of this country. ”
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

He will lose.

He has demonstrated he is no different than any other corrupt polititican, (except he got caught), and the public's utter dissatisfaction with Republican neo-con shitbags in general and Texas Neo-Con ASSLICKING RETARDS in particular will ensure that he is unsuccessful.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Not that I give a damn one way or another....other than....

What is his stand on American Jobs and outsourcing? NAFTA?

For it? Against it? What's the Dealio Tom?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Settlement in civil suit

In early 1999, as the House vote on impeaching president Bill Clinton approached (a vote DeLay had worked very hard to ensure would succeed), Anne-Louise Bardach [15] at The New Republic picked up a story first reported by Houston-area alternative weeklies ([16]) alleging that DeLay himself had committed perjury during a civil lawsuit brought against him by a former business partner in 1994.

The plaintiff in that suit, Robert Blankenship, charged that DeLay and a third partner in Albo Pest Control had breached the partnership agreement by trying to force him out of the business without buying him out, and filed suit against DeLay, charging him and the other partner with breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, wrongful termination, loss of corporate expectancy, and injunctive relief. While being deposed in that suit, DeLay claimed that he didn't think he was an officer or director of Albo and believed he had resigned two or three years ago ([17]). Yet his own congressional disclosure forms, including one filed subsequent to the deposition state that he was either president or chairman of the company between 1985 and 1994. The plaintiff also alleged that Albo money had been spent on DeLay's congressional campaigns, in violation of federal and state law.

DeLay and Blankenship settled for an undisclosed sum, and Blankenship's attorney told Bardach that had he known about the congressional disclosure forms, he would have referred the case to the Harris County district attorney's office for a perjury prosecution. These allegations have never been investigated and DeLay has never been charged.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Contributions from Russian oil executives

In December 2005, the Washington Post reported [12] that a group of Russian oil executives gave money to a non-profit advocacy group linked to DeLay and to lobbyist Jack Abramoff in an attempt to influence his vote on a 1998 International Monetary Fund bailout of the Russian economy. Associates of Ed Buckham, the founder of the U.S. Family Network [13], said that executives from the oil firm Naftasib offered a donation of $1,000,000 cash to be delivered to a Washington, D.C.-area airport in order to secure DeLay's support. On June 25, 1998, the U.S. Family Network received a $1 million check via money transferred through the London law firm James & Sarch Co. This payment was the largest single entry on U.S. Family Network's donor list. The original source of the donation is not recorded. [14] DeLay denied that the payment had influenced his vote. Naftasib denied that it had made the payment and that it had ever been represented by James & Sarch Co. The now-dissolved law firm's former partners declined to comment due to confidentiality requirements.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DeLay became a born-again Christian in 1985, following the battle with alcoholism that had plagued his life and caused his expulsion from Baylor.

He was known to fornicate with barnyard arnimals and was arrested for "Lewd & Lascivious Conduct" when he was caught raping a tree trunk in the town square.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_DeLay#Foreign_policy

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Originally posted by Hardrock69

He was known to fornicate with barnyard arnimals and was arrested for "Lewd & Lascivious Conduct" when he was caught raping a tree trunk in the town square.

"Honest Sheriff, I was just lookin for termites in that tree! Hey can you help me get this sliver out of my balls?"

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

FORD...Hardrock...you are the type of nutbags that will prevent Democrats from winning in '06 and '08.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No, Tom Delay, Chimpy, and the entire cast of idiots in The White House are the type of nutbags that will ENSURE Democrats will win.

You continue to live in Neo-Con Fantasyland.

Where Tom Delay, Abramoff, & Karl Rove are innocent as the driven snow.

Where Arab terrorists were the sole suspects who crashed airplanes into the Pentagon & WTC, and they STAYED dead.

Where Chimpy does not lie.

Where Chimpy has the highest presidential approval rating in U.S. History.

Where you know what you are talking about.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    FORD...Hardrock...you are the type of nutbags that will prevent Democrats from winning in '06 and '08.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't possibly get any funnier....this just in......

AP

HOWARD DEAN STEPS DOWN AS FORD AND HARDROCK69 RUIN DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LMFAO!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Just when I thought this thread couldn't possibly get any funnier....this just in......

AP

HOWARD DEAN STEPS DOWN AS FORD AND HARDROCK69 RUIN DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Nah, Howard Dean can stay right where he is. Hardrock can "ruin" the House, and I'll "ruin" the Senate.

My first act will be to fire the 19 useless pieces of shit who betrayed their party and their country yesterday. Starting with Maria Cuntwell

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-15-2011 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Originally posted by FORD
    Nah, Howard Dean can stay right where he is. Hardrock can "ruin" the House, and I'll "ruin" the Senate.

My first act will be to fire the 19 useless pieces of shit who betrayed their party and their country yesterday. Starting with Maria Cuntwell
    I wish Ford was in charge of the Democrat party. He would be the only guy nuttier than Howard Dean.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Not that I give a damn one way or another....other than....

What is his stand on American Jobs and outsourcing? NAFTA?

For it? Against it? What's the Dealio Tom?
    He's all for it, so kick his ass to the curb.
    There are a few i hate to go against, but they shot first by going along with unfair trade deals that screw the hard working people who really run this country.
    The out of touch should also be out of jobs.

Question: Do you think anyone would have voted yes on either deal if it were their job that would have been outsourced?

That question right there tells you all you need to know about their motivation because i'd bet my life it would have hit the floor like an anvil.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    No, Tom Delay, Chimpy, and the entire cast of idiots in The White House are the type of nutbags that will ENSURE Democrats will win.

You continue to live in Neo-Con Fantasyland.

Where Tom Delay, Abramoff, & Karl Rove are innocent as the driven snow.

Where Arab terrorists were the sole suspects who crashed airplanes into the Pentagon & WTC, and they STAYED dead.

Where Chimpy does not lie.

Where Chimpy has the highest presidential approval rating in U.S. History.

Where you know what you are talking about.

Be careful, people who jump the gun tend to get shot in the ass.

Just because we don't like Bush doesn't mean the chair will go to a Democrat. I haven't see any support jumping this ship for the other one, they all swam to the middle and are biding time just like me.

I'd actually like to see the power balanced better, but i won't slit my throat to do it by risking a dominant Democratic Administration.

We'll see which one of us was right come election day, i honestly don't see this rally some people claim that is coming for the Dems.
    You don't earn support by ankle biting, backstabbing and obstruction.
    So, what have they done to earn any seats back?

I just don't see it materialising for yens the way you envision it.

We shall see, and good luck to ya!

Thread Information