Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Van Halen posts strong ticket sales, adds additional dates

by Jon Zahlaway
    liveDaily Staff Writer

April 05, 2004 04:09 PM - Ticket-demand for Van Halen's first tour in almost a decade with singer Sammy Hagar has led to additional nights in several markets.

Shortly after tickets hit the box office on Saturday (4/3), the group posted sellouts in Worcester, MA; East Rutherford, NJ; St. Louis; and Las Vegas. Tickets are on sale now for second performances in each of the aforementioned cities.

Tickets for the first date at Las Vegas's Mandalay Bay Events Center sold out in less than 30 minutes, making it the fastest sellout in the venue's five-year history, according to a press release.

The band has also added to its itinerary an Aug. 16 performance in Anaheim, CA, and moved its previously announced stop in Washington, DC, from June 28 to June 25; previously announced stops in Hartford, CT, and Albany, NY, no longer appear on the group's schedule.

Tickets for about half of the band's confirmed tour dates are on sale now. The group is also offering special ticket packages through iloveallaccess.com. More information is available at the group's website.

The group will unveil more tour and on-sale dates soon, according to the site.

Late last month, Van Halen announced that Hagar--who replaced original singer David Lee Roth in 1985, then parted with the band on bad terms in 1996--had returned to the group. The reunited lineup plans to release a best-of set this summer that will also feature recently recorded material, including a cut titled "It's About Time."

A Warner Bros. spokesperson said additional details would be available later this week.

Van Halen's most-recent studio set is 1998's "Van Halen 3," which featured Hagar's short-lived replacement, former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone. Cherone left the group shortly after completing a tour in support of the album.

The group's most-recent album with Hagar is 1995's "Balance."
    "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

Because I can, dammit!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Van Halen posts strong ticket sales, adds additional dates

Originally posted by Chong Li

by Jon Zahlaway
    liveDaily Staff Writer

The band has also added to its itinerary an Aug. 16 performance in Anaheim, CA, and moved its previously announced stop in Washington, DC, from June 28 to June 25; previously announced stops in Hartford, CT, and Albany, NY, no longer appear on the group's schedule.

So....they are NOT coming to Albany? Maybe they will go to SPAC. They have every year with Sammy.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
    ~Susie Q 2009

L.S.D.
    I just bought my tickets the other day to both michigan shows and they are now selling obstructed view....

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Further proof that the tour is flopping, folks.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Theyd better sell out every show, or the tour is a complete FAILURE. This is a nostalgia tour. Which by the way, both the Howdy Doodys and Spam said theyd never do. What is it, 16 dates or so? Thats just a leg of a tour folks. Sure the sheep are excited. Michael Bolton doesnt put records out anymore, and the natives are getting restless. Seriously, this is a blip on the radar. '96 woulda been a scud missile in your Cheerios, and you cheesedicks know it.

Here today, gone late today.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Funkmonkey
    ...and .....the Van Hagar tour is being promoted using DLR-era songs on radio advertisements.

Hmmmm....maybe the sentiment up there on Howdy Doody Mountain is such that they're unsure the tour will be as successful if promoted only on the merits of non-DLR material.

Only time will tell if they stand the test of time...

But Van Hagar will never know if they did it all on their own, without any assistance from DLR intellectual property.

Funkmonkey
    ...never ever know! And that's probably how they like it.

diamond den™
    Van Hagar can fuck off and die.

thefive
    The reporter was probably a Hagar fan any way.

I do not beiieve this.
    Why do I not hear it all over the place?

thefive

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Funkmonkey
    ...and .....the Van Hagar tour is being promoted using DLR-era songs on radio advertisements.

Hmmmm....maybe the sentiment up there on Howdy Doody Mountain is such that they're unsure the tour will be as successful if promoted only on the merits of non-DLR material.

Only time will tell if they stand the test of time...

But Van Hagar will never know if they did it all on their own, without any assistance from DLR intellectual property.
    Listen close...thats Sammy's voice overdubbed on the Classic VH tracks...at least the spots for the Worcester shows are that way...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Never underestimate the power of schlock. There's an unlimited supply of sapheads and romantics out there. Not to mention the sandals with socks types that flock to jacked-up Journey songs like moths to a bug light. "Honey look!, Van Halen is gonna do a concert here!.....that's when we met *sigh*.......I haven't heard that "love walks in" song since we did it on the catamaran that night we met!.....I wanna go!"

Sure, go to see Ed if you want....it's a free world and you'll have a great time. I just hold it in no regard.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave's PA is right. i definitely heard sammy doing, "jump," on the radio spot. i never bought LRHRN, but my guess is that it's from that.

Chaz Rock City
    So the tour is selling, its like Dave says" What's that song peanuts, 14 million monkeys can't be wrong. Well yes they can be wrong

thefive
    I just dont believe this.
    I do not see it being reported on MTV or any where.

thefive

Dave IS VH
    Originally posted by thefive
    I just dont believe this.
    I do not see it being reported on MTV or any where.

thefive

mtv don't report shit anymore about rock music, even thew it is Van hagar, MTV is too busy into rap and pop music.

I have to admit, I didn't think this Van Hagar reunion tour was going to do this well.

I haven't really heard anything about it outside of this web site and other vh web sites, but if they are selling out venus and adding on more shows, then it's a success so far.

Lets see what happens when the tour begans and Sam and Eddie have to live on the road with each other 24/7.

I can't see this lasting folks!!!!

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Never underestimate the power of schlock. There's an unlimited supply of sapheads and romantics out there. Not to mention the sandals with socks types that flock to jacked-up Journey songs like moths to a bug light. "Honey look!, Van Halen is gonna do a concert here!.....that's when we met *sigh*.......I haven't heard that "love walks in" song since we did it on the catamaran that night we met!.....I wanna go!"

Sure, go to see Ed if you want....it's a free world and you'll have a great time. I just hold it in no regard.

LOL

I'm glad they're not doing any real VH songs on the tour...

Imagine Spammy singing "I live my life like there's no tomorrow..."

ONLY PLACE HE ACTS LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW IS THE DINNER BUFFET TABLE!!!
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    Rothtards all in a hizzyfit!!!!
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Funkmonkey
    Originally posted by Daves PA rental
    Listen close...thats Sammy's voice overdubbed on the Classic VH tracks...at least the spots for the Worcester shows are that way...
    Yes. I've heard those! It's sad.

But the promos I was initially talking about were clearly Dave's voice from the original albums.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

LMAO

Originally posted by L.S.D.
    I just bought my tickets the other day to both Michigan shows and they are now selling obstructed view....

Yeah....the FRONT ROW!!! We all know the real obstruction is Sammy Hagar.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Thread Information