X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

But a couple points to cuntsider. Christians have often gotten violent over perceived slights, such as the crucifix in a bottle of urine "work of art" and whatnot a few years ago. And what about the whole "War on Christmas©" sham...
    How many people died because of Piss Christ? How many buildings were burned?

Oh, that's right. None.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Funny, but I make one comment, very moderate, about some Christians get pissed over the defilement of religious iconography...

And two Christens (ALLY & CAT respectively) get pissed at me.

I neither compared scale, the results of their rage, nor the actual basis of their Christian beliefs made invalid by their actions contrary to Christ's teachings. Just that people get offended when their religion is mocked...

Relax people...

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I don't call a cross in a bottle of piss 'art'. Or elephant shit on a picture of Mary.

I wonder if certain groups would get mad if you took a artistic rendering of Mohammed and smeared bodily fluids all over it.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I find the depiction of Jesus Christ as a Republican warmonger about the most offensive thing imaginable, but that doesn't stop the Falwell/Robertson/Chimp crowd from perpetuating that lie daily.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Jesus wasn't a liberal either.

Putting him in either political faction is wrong.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

And Warham, just because YOU don't find the "piss cross" or whatever to be artistic ( I don't necessarily, but that's not the point), does that mean it should be BANNED? Or should it be okay to have KILLED that Maplethorpe guy, just because you feel your religion is being mocked? Who gets to set the standard?
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                Jesus wasn't a liberal either.

Putting him in either political faction is wrong.
                If Jesus was walking the earth for about the last 50 years or so, do you think He would be marching with Martin Luther King, healing the sick and feeding the starving people in Africa, and building Habitat for Humanity homes with Jimmy Carter (He was a carpenter, after all)

Or

plotting wars for profit and fascism with the BCE and oppressing homosexuals with Falwell & Robertson?

Not much of a contest.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

No Ford, I don't think Jesus would be supporting abortions on demand (up to the point the umbilical cord is severed) and letting child rapists out of jail after a 90 day sentence.

Jesus was never a carpenter (his father was). He was a rabbi.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Warham

Jesus was never a carpenter (his father was). He was a rabbi.

So what WAS he doing for those missing years between 12-30 or so, as far as biblical references go? Was he with a consulting firm or something?
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Does every damned thing have to end up focussed on Republicans versus Democrats or Liberals versus Conservatives? Believe it or not but the 5.5 billion people out there who aren't US citizens (and probably a fair proportion of those who are) don't actually give a damn about that stuff. It's not important. Get over it. Your left wing, right wing conspiracy theories are just that. Theories. It doesn't matter even if they are true. You're not going to change anything. Just get on with your lives and stop this inane, never ending arguing about stuff that is irrelevant to 90% of the worlds population.

So what if you're a commited Christian or Muslim or some other religion, you're all so far up your own arseholes you can't even begin to accept that your views might just be unimportant to another human being.

There's a whole world out there and you muppets spend your lives sniping at one another even though you're nominally on the same side.
                      Originally posted by flappo
                      i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                      translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• franksters
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Maybe he was just high!!!
                        SUMMER'S JUST
                        AROUND
                        THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                        http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

To me it's about one religion DEMANDING preferential treatment. That CANNOT be tolerated, regardless of what religion is making the demand. Being an artist, I don't want someone to even THINK of telling me I can't draw a cariciture of Jesus, or Mohammed, or whoever. not like I WOULD, mind you, but YOU don't have the right to tell me I CAN'T just because it offends YOU. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, who the fuck are YOU? Or ME? It IS still supposed to be a free society, yes?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            So what WAS he doing for those missing years between 12-30 or so, as far as biblical references go? Was he with a consulting firm or something?
                            The Bible never reveals what he was up to during those 18 years. Alot of people assume he was helping his father out with the family business, while others believe he was traveling all over the world, including India.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                              And Warham, just because YOU don't find the "piss cross" or whatever to be artistic ( I don't necessarily, but that's not the point), does that mean it should be BANNED? Or should it be okay to have KILLED that Maplethorpe guy, just because you feel your religion is being mocked? Who gets to set the standard?
                              No, I don't believe in banning artwork. I just don't think pissing in a bottle and putting a cross in it equates it to the Mona Lisa or the statue of David on the fine art scale. YMMV.

That's just the way I see it.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The likely reason that so little was included in the Bible of Jesus' life from 12-30 was because much of the material dealt with His family. Joseph is not mentioned in the years of Jesus' ministry (ages 30-33) so obviously, he died at some point during these years. The death of Joseph would have left Jesus as the man of the house and the heir to the carpentry business. The Catholic Church censored this part of the story because they wanted to perpetuate the myth that Mary remained a virgin after the birth of Christ, and mentions of other children would be in conflict with that.

What most probably happenned was that Jesus worked as a carpenter and provided for His family until his younger brothers could take over the business. This still probably would have allowed Him some time to travel before turning 30 and beginning His ministry.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...