Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Mary was definately not a virgin the remainder of her life. The Gospel of Mark makes that perfectly clear.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      No, I don't believe in banning artwork. I just don't think pissing in a bottle and putting a cross in it equates it to the Mona Lisa or the statue of David on the fine art scale. YMMV.

That's just the way I see it.
      Of course not. But it's not for US to be the official art critics/approval board for the world. Let's play devil's advocate for a sec: I could say I DON'T think the Mona Lisa is 'art' because I'm 'offended' by 'fat' chicks ( )...therefore I 'want' it removed, and if you disagree, it should be perfectly okay for me to 'kill' you, as you do not 'respect' my sensibilities or beliefs....that's the kind of f*ed up logic we're talking about......
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No Ford, I don't think Jesus would be supporting abortions on demand (up to the point the umbilical cord is severed) and letting child rapists out of jail after a 90 day sentence.

I don't remember saying anything about abortion. But then, I'm not obsessed with it like you are.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The subject of the artwork and the actual artwork itself should be considered separately. You might be offended by fat chicks, but you have to look beyond what your offended by when appraising the Mona Lisa.

When you look at the Statue of David for instance, perhaps you're offended by seeing a nude male. But you can still be impressed by the craftsmanship shown in the statue.

I don't see any mastery (other than aiming) by pissing in a jar and throwing in a rosary.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            I don't remember saying anything about abortion. But then, I'm not obsessed with it like you are.
            No, FORD, but you know damn well that your party wants abortion on demand. It's a liberal cornerstone. The biggest reason liberals are against any conservative justice being on the Supreme Court is abortion. Period.

Since you don't seem to have a position on the issue, you wouldn't have a problem if the Supreme Court overturns Roe vs. Wade?

And that nutty liberal judge in the ceceded state of Vermont gave a child molester a 90 day prison sentence before O'Reilly and a bunch of conservative groups raised hell until he caved in and revised the sentence to 3-5 years.

Yeah, that sounds like things Jesus believes in.

Last edited by Warham; 02-06-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The subject of the artwork and the actual artwork itself should be considered separately. You might be offended by fat chicks, but you have to look beyond what your offended by when appraising the Mona Lisa.

When you look at the Statue of David for instance, perhaps you're offended by seeing a nude male. But you can still be impressed by the craftsmanship shown in the statue.

I don't see any mastery (other than aiming) by pissing in a jar and throwing in a rosary.

Then, by the same token, where's the artistic value in portraying the main prophet of a major religion with a bomb in his turban?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Then, by the same token, where's the artistic value in portraying the main prophet of a major religion with a bomb in his turban?
                Who said I find artistic value in that?

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I think Jesus would be more concerned with the thousands of already existing starving/homeless/unwanted children than about abortion. I'd be willing to bet Jesus would actually be pro-contraception, rather than being for bringing MORE unwanted children into the world. I think religion has got that ALL wrong, moreso because of their own sexually repressed natures than any biblical teaching....
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

...And I think Jesus would agree child molesters are SCUM....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                      ...And I think Jesus would agree child molesters are SCUM....
                      I believe He already covered that one. Something about "Any one of you who harms one of these little ones, it would be better that you have a millstone around your neck and be drowned at sea".

He's a little more lenient with them than I would be.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Who said I find artistic value in that?

Does 'satire' have to have artisitic value? Or does someone, somewhere just have to think it's funny?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          I think Jesus would be more concerned with the thousands of already existing starving/homeless/unwanted children than about abortion. I'd be willing to bet Jesus would actually be pro-contraception, rather than being for bringing MORE unwanted children into the world. I think religion has got that ALL wrong, moreso because of their own sexually repressed natures than any biblical teaching....
                          Amen brother. More contraception, more personal responsibility.

That's a conservative trait.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Amen brother. More contraception, more personal responsibility.

That's a conservative trait.

Wouldn't be the 1st time my 'liberal' status around here has been questioned....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

The danish government or the freedom of speech are not the ones to blame here.

The truth is the newspaper made the mistake for publishing a picture like this, although we've seen stuff like this in political cartoons like MAD for ages now. It's a matter of bad taste instead of freedom of speech.

And I don't care if they hurt the islam as religion, couldn't give a shite, but the truth is that they have endangered the lives of all the nordic citizens in the arab countries, AND once again they make the peaceful muslims all over the world look worse. PLUS 160 something workers of Arla, a milk product company, have immediately lost their jobs thanks to arab countries not buying their products anymore.

Once again, the innocent ones instead of the participating ones will suffer.
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Golden AWe
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                                Does every damned thing have to end up focussed on Republicans versus Democrats or Liberals versus Conservatives? Believe it or not but the 5.5 billion people out there who aren't US citizens (and probably a fair proportion of those who are) don't actually give a damn about that stuff. It's not important. Get over it. Your left wing, right wing conspiracy theories are just that. Theories. It doesn't matter even if they are true. You're not going to change anything. Just get on with your lives and stop this inane, never ending arguing about stuff that is irrelevant to 90% of the worlds population.

So what if you're a commited Christian or Muslim or some other religion, you're all so far up your own arseholes you can't even begin to accept that your views might just be unimportant to another human being.

There's a whole world out there and you muppets spend your lives sniping at one another even though you're nominally on the same side.
                                Exactly exactly. For once it would be interesting to talk about subjects instead of political parties.
                                Originally posted by Cato
                                Golden, why are you FAT?
                                Originally posted by lesfunk
                                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...