Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Titney Spears Caught Driving With Child in Lap

(Feb. 7) -- Blame it on love and the paparazzi. That's Britney Spears' explanation for why she was driving with her infant son on her lap rather than in his car seat.

In a statement, Britney Spears says she held Sean Preston during an encounter with the paparazzi to keep him "out of harm's way."

Several photos published Tuesday showed Spears driving her SUV with her son, Sean Preston, perched on her lap rather than strapped into a car seat in the back seat. Spears said she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."

The photos show Spears holding the wheel of the car with one hand, and her 4-month-old baby in the other. A person is shown sitting in the passenger seat next to Spears.

"I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger," Spears said in a statement released late Monday.

"I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us," she said. "I love my child and would do anything to protect him."

The photos may have captured the attention of the county Department of Children and Family Services, though a spokesman for the agency declined to offer any specifics about the Spears incident.

"We don't say who, what or if we're investigating," department spokesman Stu Riskin said.

Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, won't be pressing any charges, Deputy Luis Castro said.

"Unless a deputy saw the violation, there's nothing we can do," Castro said. "We don't even know if this took place in our jurisdiction."

The agency that snapped the photos, X17, said the pictures were taken "in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior."

"We believe that the pictures speak for themselves," the agency said in a statement.

Spears gave birth to her son in September. He is her first child with husband of one year, former backup dancer Kevin Federline.

SMART
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Stupid bitch.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

She's dumber than a bag of hair curlers...and you can bet yer bippie she is being watched by Family Services after this, they need not say a thing.
      All it takes is a call to them and once a complaint is filed they have to investigate, it's the laaaaaaaaaw of the west, lol.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

"You can take the Trash outta the trailer park...."

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

She's an idiot, and if she'd had even the most minor of fender-benders---causing the airbag to go...she'd be holding baby-flavored road pizza.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• wiseguy
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2004

ok...but wait. Think of it this way, what if the paparazzi were aggressive and maybe she was being harrassed and thought to jump in the car, drive 2 blocks out of the cameras and whatever and then do the safe thing and restrain the kid. It doesn't sound like she does this all the time. Put yourself in the situation and tell me what you would do if you had 5 or so unwanted strangers all over you with cameras and patience and time of day was getting you to the boiling point. I gotta side with spears on this one.
            Like Dave, I like a good arguement.
            Stay frosty now.
            Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I'm not buyin' it. :p She still could've had to slam on the brakes within those two blocks. It's just irresponsible. Like she's not already used to aggressive paparazzi....and here's a thought: she's a fucking multi-millionaire, hire an assistant to strap his ass in....
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• wiseguy
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

Your right its gambling with lives.
                I get that, but come on how many frustrating experiences have you had where you made split second decisions and thought awful about it after. I do it everyday, usually not with my kids in tow but I still do it.
                Shes human we all make these fucked up decisions. My point is here we go again, this girl is going to get more press and bad publicity over this and its just going to be a waste of money and time and holy crap let it go. She did it, she gambled and won. Stupid? Definetly but nobody got hurt. I would of done it to.

Besides...remember micheal j and the dangling baby episode?
                Stay frosty now.
                Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I'd rather agree that dumb celebrities shouldn't be parents...
                  Sure she got away with it and it's over, but she put the child in danger and she got lucky, that's all.
                  Admitting you put your child in danger to avoid your child being in danger is an idiots argument at best.

Why?
                  Because i'm sure the Papparazzi wouldn't have broken her childs neck like the airbag would have.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by wiseguy

Besides...remember micheal j and the dangling baby episode?
                    I'm sure they'll both be on the next E! Channel "Celebrity what-were-they-thinking" episode.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• wiseguy
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2004

true dat homey
                      Stay frosty now.

Comment

• wiseguy
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                        Why?
                        Because i'm sure the Papparazzi wouldn't have broken her childs neck like the airbag would have.
                        Hey....You never know.
                        Stay frosty now.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          She's an idiot, and if she'd had even the most minor of fender-benders---causing the airbag to go...she'd be holding baby-flavored road pizza.
                          This bitch has shit for brains. She's the first person in her family to own a vehicle WITH an airbag.
                          She probably thinks an airbag is what she floats on in the pool !

The kid would've been safer in the fuckin glove box..........
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

You CANNOT have a child under 100 pounds in a seat with an airbag safely, period. Had it malfunctioned, had she been rear-ended and it let go...had she hit something...anything that could have went wrong...she'd be baby-less...air bags have killed children...

Based on that alone, I believe Child Services should rip that baby right out of her stupid fucking arms due to the fact that Britney is obviously too fucking stupid to be a mother. This alone proves it.

Sorry, I've got three kids and I'm sensitive on this issue.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Re: Titney Spears Caught Driving With Child in Lap

Originally posted by Matt White

SMART
                              This picture makes me fucking sick...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...