A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Intel Pros - Bush Lying About Foiled 2002 Terror Attack

By Doug Thompson
    Capitol Hill Blue
    2-10-6

Outraged intelligence professionals say President George W. Bush is "cheapening" and "politicizing" their work with claims the United States foiled a planned terrorist attack against Los Angeles in 2002.

"The President has cheapened the entire intelligence community by dragging us into his fantasy world," says a longtime field operative of the Central Intelligence Agency. "He is basing this absurd claim on the same discredited informant who told us Al Qaeda would attack selected financial institutions in New York and Washington."

Within hours of the President's speech Thursday claiming his administration had prevented a major attack, sources who said they were current and retired intelligence pros from the CIA, NSA, FBI and military contacted Capitol Hill Blue with angry comments disputing the President's remarks.

"He's full of shit," said one sharply-worded email.

Although none were willing to allow use of their names, saying doing so would place them in legal jeopardy, we were able to confirm that at least four of the 23 who contacted us currently work, or had worked, within the U.S. intelligence community.

But Los Angeles Mayor Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is willing to go on the record, claiming Bush blind-sided his city with the claims.

"I'm amazed that the president would make this (announcement) on national TV and not inform us of these details through the appropriate channels," the mayor says. "I don't expect a call from the president " but somebody." Villaraigosa also said he has twice requested meetings with Bush to discuss security issues for Los Angeles and was turned down both times.

Intelligence pros say much of the information used by Bush in an attempt to justify his increased spying on Americans by the National Security Agency, trampling of civil rights under the USA Patriot Act, and massive buildup of the Department of Homeland Security, now the nation's largest federal bureaucracy, was "worthless intel that was discarded long ago."

"A lot of buzz circulated in the months following the September 11, 2001, attacks," says an NSA operative. "Snippets here and there were true but most were just random information that could never be confirmed. One thing we do know about al Qaeda is that they seldom use the same technique twice. They tried a car bomb to bring down the World Trade Center and it failed. Then they went to planes. The next time will be something different because we,ve geared up to prevent hijacking planes and using them as flying bombs."

In August 2004, just as the Presidential campaign was about to heat up, the Bush White House raised the terror alert, claiming attacks were imminent on major financial institutions. The alert, apparently timed to steal thunder from Democrat John Kerry's nomination for President, was withdrawn after administration officials admitted it was based on old information from a discredited informant.

The discredited information dated back to the same period when intelligence agencies began receiving reports of a planned attack against Los Angeles.

Counterterrorism officials say they are surprised that Bush claimed the plot was "set in motion."

"There was no definitive plot. It never materialized or got past the thought stage," says a senior counterterrorism official, who has worked at the CIA and the FBI, who talked to Capitol Hill Blue and the New York Daily News.

FBI Deputy Director John Pistole refused to characterize it as an advanced plot when discussing it in June 2004.

Former DHS secretary Tom Ridge admits the U.S. raised terror alerts for the wrong reasons and now says he often disagreed with the timing of such alerts but was overruled by the White House.

"More often than not we were the least inclined to raise it," Ridge says. "Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. Sometimes we thought even if the intelligence was good, you don't necessarily put the country on alert, There were times when the White House was really aggressive about raising it, and we said, 'For that?' We often lost the argument."

Ridge left DHS in February 2005 and Bush replaced him with Michael Chertoff who agrees with the "cry wolf" strategy of the White House.

"Chertoff is a lackey," says Kevin Riley, a retired New York City Detective who knew Chertoff during his days as a U.S. Attorney in New York. "He'll do whatever Bush tells him to do."

Intelligence pros at established Washington agencies laugh at DHS operatives, calling them "Keystone Kops" and "overpaid rent-a-cops," saying they lack any real expertise in dealing with terrorism.

"DHS is a political police force," says a retired CIA agent. "They exist to enforce the political propaganda program of George W. Bush. That's all they're good for and they're not very good at that."

© Copyright 2006 by Capitol Hill Blue
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/blog/...s_lying_a.html
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-10-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

CAN IT BE ANY CLEARER?

THIS IS ALL ABOUT THAT DAMNED PATRIOT ACT AND SAVING IT USING FEAR!

I'm not a fucking dummy, I know exactly why all this terror bullshit has found it's way to the front lines in the last several weeks.

Does anyone here think I am wrong on this or what?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Originally posted by Cathedral
    CAN IT BE ANY CLEARER?

I'm not a fucking dummy, I know exactly why all this terror bullshit has found it's way to the front lines in the last several weeks.

I'm sure the Busheep will. They continue to deny the obvious about the manipulative nature of the BCE.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Originally posted by Cathedral
    CAN IT BE ANY CLEARER?

No one in their RIGHT mind... Fear-mongering is (and always HAS BEEN) their go-to solution for everything.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

But I bet some in here will accuse you of supporting "terra"....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm never scared of 'terra'. I just go out and live my life.

If I get hit by a hijacked plane driving around during work, oh well. I'll just get to see my maker a few years early.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-30-2017 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Warham
    I'm never scared of 'terra'. I just go out and live my life.

If I get hit by a hijacked plane driving around during work, oh well. I'll just get to see my maker a few years early.
    Don't wait around to meet Dubya if you're upstairs...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Bush Jr. has always been a puppet to Chenney. The smart power manipulators are the ones who have a puppet and stay just behind the scenes.

The Patriot Act is a bulldozer ready to run through our Constitutional rights. We need to get rid of it while we still can. The Patriot Act means you are guilty with no due process.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The admin is going down.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

I saw an interview today with the Mayor of LA. He basically said that he had no idea of any serious plots involving airliners, only that the threat level was increased in his city by Federal authorities at the time...

They didn't even give him advance word prior to the announcement of this new "fear initiative" that his city was supposedly to have been attacked by suicide airliners...

This stinks to high hell...

No correlation, no details, just: "oh my god, you're all gonna' die..."

It's all horseshit...

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Bush Jr. has always been a puppet to Chenney. The smart power manipulators are the ones who have a puppet and stay just behind the scenes.

The Patriot Act is a bulldozer ready to run through our Constitutional rights. We need to get rid of it while we still can. The Patriot Act means you are guilty with no due process.
    Yup, and i believe this 210%.
    It's typical grade school manipulation.
    Like the little kid who wants something so bad he puts on an act that demonstrates how he actually needs to get his way in hopes that Mom will say, "Hey, that thing you want may actually come in handy."

Only Bush is Ralphie, and the Patriot Act is his Red Rider BB gun.

Well, Bush......You'll put OUR eye out!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Mayor of LA?

I wouldn't be too sure to quote the mayor of any major city about their handling and competence when dealing with forseeable disasters of any scale (see Ray Nagin).

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

Originally posted by Warham
    The Mayor of LA?

I wouldn't be too sure to quote the mayor of any major city about their handling and competence when dealing with forseeable disasters of any scale (see Ray Nagin).
    Well, they're not getting paid as much as the oil-whores you elected... So point well taken.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

In my experience, I've seen some guys work harder for $5/hr than other guys who make $25/hr.

I'm sure Nagin's making a pretty penny down there.

Thread Information