X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Nirvana!

I am going to get flamed to death for this, BUT I LOVE NIRVANA! They used to be my Favorite band, than I hated then for a while, Now I am starting to appreciate them again.

My Favorite Songs Are:
    About a Girl
    Sliver
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    In Bloom
    Come As You Are
    Breed
    Lithium
    Polly
    Terriotorial Pissings
    Drain You
    Lounge Act
    Stay Away
    On A Plain
    Been A Son
    Serve The Servants
    Heart Shaped Box
    Rape Me
    Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
    Dumb
    Penny Royal Tea
    All Apologies.

Yes I am going to be bloody flamed for this but you know what FUCK YOU, If you don't like Nirvana, and go cry in your poison CD's. I know There are other Grunge Fans on this Board (Matt White, Rikk, etc.). So come on whats your favorite tunes from Nirvana?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah. Spandex was cool blah blah blah blah

LOL

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by PHOENIX
      Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah.

LOL
      You should see thread the linkers are trashing him in for not jamming with Eddie LOL.
      I am not sure if this has been posted earlier but i just ran across this blurb about Eddie making a fool of himself at a Nirvana concert. If this is true it is very sad. SMEAR'S VAN HALEN HORROR Guitarist PAT SMEAR was horrified when his hero EDDIE VAN HALEN appeared in a drunken stupor backstage at one of NIRVANA'S gigs - as the ageing rocker made a total fool of himself. Smear, who made his name with punk rockers THE GERMS, was dumbstruck when the JUMP rocker drunkenly dropped to

I love how people try and trash Nirvana and blame them for all this shitty Nu Metal when it really wasn't their fault, its MTV and Clear Channels fault.

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.

Comment

• vheddyrmv8
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2005

I like Nirvana. I love to play about a girl with my band, it's the only song I can play and sing at the same time...well I guess that goes for any Nirvana song. Most people don't like them because their songs aren't that complex to them but I like them. Nirvana didn't start Nu Metal, Kurt killed himself because Nirvana was getting so big.
          http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

• RuzDNailz
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2004

You know what's sad? If you watch the great concert video for Unplugged, you just look at Kurt playing that wired up acoustic guitar
            and notice a man who is basically gone. The look on his face just showed it. Their music videos helped define the early 90's. But also you got to take into account Courntey Love and the affect she had on
            him.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2004

Heck, who can ever forget about the one Grammy show when they did
              'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
                  'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.
                  Yeah and they played a little bit of Rape Me before they did it too, Just to piss of the Record Execs.! We need a band like them back.

Comment

• BruinJer
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

I to am a HUGE Nirvana fan... I love to crank Aneurysm (live) as loud as I possibly can. That song KICKS ass!! I first heard their stuff on KNAC showcasing up & coming bands... Breed got played a lot before Smells like Teen Spirit blew up. The Metal/Rock scene had become stayle and Nirvana injected new life into that genre. The heavy punk fusion was a refreshing change... I had a chance to see them at the old Olympic Auditorium with Soundgarden but I turned it down... boy, do I regret that.

My favorite Nirvana tunes...
                    Aneurysm (Live)
                    Heart Shaped Box
                    Breed
                    Marijuana (from the in utero sessions)
                    About A Girl
                    Rape Me
                    Come As You Are
                    Lithium
                    Sliver
                    Sappy

You've done it Unchainme... now I have to pull out my Nirvana CDs!!
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.
                      I'm glad this thread was made. It brings me back to Grade 7 1992 when nirvana (teen spirit) was up against GN'R (use your illusion 1 and 2) on Much Music. Problem was, Van Fagar's Right Now was running
                      rampant too. I guess you can't have all good. At least Metallica's Enter Sandman made up for it.

Comment

• BruinJer
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
                        Yeah, while Krist was stumbling Dave Grohl grabbed the mic and began shouting "HI AXL HI, I LOVE YOU AXL"....lol

Comment

• BruinJer
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

Comment

• BruinJer
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.
                            What was the story about Eddie wanting to come on stage with Nirvana?? or was it the other way around... I know Ed did something to piss off someone from Nirvana.

Comment

• vheddyrmv8
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2005

I remember hearing something like that as well. I actually just found out the other day that In Utero was recored about an hour from where I live. I love all Nirvana stuff, sometimes they did heavy punkish stuff, sometimes they did slow stuff, and sometimes they did psychadelic stuff...they were true musicians.

My favs are:
                              Floyd The Barber
                              About a girl
                              School
                              Negative Creep
                              Smells Like A Teen Spirit
                              In Vloom
                              Come As You Are
                              Breed
                              Lithium
                              Drain You
                              Lounge Act
                              Stay Away
                              On A Plain
                              Something In The Way
                              Heart Shaped Box
                              Rape Me
                              Dumb
                              Pennyroyal Tea
                              All Apologies
                              Silver
                              Mollys Lips
                              Aneurysm
                              You Know Youre Right
                              Marijuana
                              http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

Working...