Thread: Nirvana!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Nirvana!

I am going to get flamed to death for this, BUT I LOVE NIRVANA! They used to be my Favorite band, than I hated then for a while, Now I am starting to appreciate them again.

My Favorite Songs Are:
    About a Girl
    Sliver
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    In Bloom
    Come As You Are
    Breed
    Lithium
    Polly
    Terriotorial Pissings
    Drain You
    Lounge Act
    Stay Away
    On A Plain
    Been A Son
    Serve The Servants
    Heart Shaped Box
    Rape Me
    Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
    Dumb
    Penny Royal Tea
    All Apologies.

Yes I am going to be bloody flamed for this but you know what FUCK YOU, If you don't like Nirvana, and go cry in your poison CD's. I know There are other Grunge Fans on this Board (Matt White, Rikk, etc.). So come on whats your favorite tunes from Nirvana?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah. Spandex was cool blah blah blah blah

LOL

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PHOENIX
    Good thread. Great fuckin band! The word Nirvana makes a few stuck in the 80's cases go ballistic in here.

Nothing better than some i hate Nirvana they killed Hair Metal rants. Blah blah blah blah blah. Why did it have to be? Blah blah blah Its their fault i had to cut my hair. Blah blah blah blah.

LOL
    You should see thread the linkers are trashing him in for not jamming with Eddie LOL.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show...204#post557204

I love how people try and trash Nirvana and blame them for all this shitty Nu Metal when it really wasn't their fault, its MTV and Clear Channels fault.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like Nirvana. I love to play about a girl with my band, it's the only song I can play and sing at the same time...well I guess that goes for any Nirvana song. Most people don't like them because their songs aren't that complex to them but I like them. Nirvana didn't start Nu Metal, Kurt killed himself because Nirvana was getting so big.

Me Wise Magic
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know what's sad? If you watch the great concert video for Unplugged, you just look at Kurt playing that wired up acoustic guitar
    and notice a man who is basically gone. The look on his face just showed it. Their music videos helped define the early 90's. But also you got to take into account Courntey Love and the affect she had on
    him.

Me Wise Magic
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heck, who can ever forget about the one Grammy show when they did
    'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by RuzDNailz
    'Lithium' completely piss drunk? Krist threw his bass up in the air and clocked himself a good one.
    Yeah and they played a little bit of Rape Me before they did it too, Just to piss of the Record Execs.! We need a band like them back.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I to am a HUGE Nirvana fan... I love to crank Aneurysm (live) as loud as I possibly can. That song KICKS ass!! I first heard their stuff on KNAC showcasing up & coming bands... Breed got played a lot before Smells like Teen Spirit blew up. The Metal/Rock scene had become stayle and Nirvana injected new life into that genre. The heavy punk fusion was a refreshing change... I had a chance to see them at the old Olympic Auditorium with Soundgarden but I turned it down... boy, do I regret that.

My favorite Nirvana tunes...
    Aneurysm (Live)
    Heart Shaped Box
    Breed
    Marijuana (from the in utero sessions)
    About A Girl
    Rape Me
    Come As You Are
    Lithium
    Sliver
    Sappy

You've done it Unchainme... now I have to pull out my Nirvana CDs!!

Me Wise Magic
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    one thing I always note is that Nirvana kicked Poison and Winger off the map. BUT....Skid Row and GN'R the best out of all the Hair still pretty much could've still made it and did make it for a couple of years after Nirvana hit., It was there own egos that destroyed them though, not Nirvana.
    I'm glad this thread was made. It brings me back to Grade 7 1992 when nirvana (teen spirit) was up against GN'R (use your illusion 1 and 2) on Much Music. Problem was, Van Fagar's Right Now was running
    rampant too. I guess you can't have all good. At least Metallica's Enter Sandman made up for it.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, while Krist was stumbling Dave Grohl grabbed the mic and began shouting "HI AXL HI, I LOVE YOU AXL"....lol

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder what It would be like if Cobain and Roth had met? I mean both are Polar Opposites of each other, But yet so similiar too, Would love to hear that coversation.
    What was the story about Eddie wanting to come on stage with Nirvana?? or was it the other way around... I know Ed did something to piss off someone from Nirvana.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I remember hearing something like that as well. I actually just found out the other day that In Utero was recored about an hour from where I live. I love all Nirvana stuff, sometimes they did heavy punkish stuff, sometimes they did slow stuff, and sometimes they did psychadelic stuff...they were true musicians.

My favs are:
    Floyd The Barber
    About a girl
    School
    Negative Creep
    Smells Like A Teen Spirit
    In Vloom
    Come As You Are
    Breed
    Lithium
    Drain You
    Lounge Act
    Stay Away
    On A Plain
    Something In The Way
    Heart Shaped Box
    Rape Me
    Dumb
    Pennyroyal Tea
    All Apologies
    Silver
    Mollys Lips
    Aneurysm
    You Know Youre Right
    Marijuana

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Nirvana!

I know There are other Grunge Fans on this Board (Matt White, Rikk, etc.).
    Dude,you dont have to drop names to make your point.Be yourself and fuck the rest.I am also a Nirvana fan,and,I dont care who likes it or not.Nirvana was a more of a punk band,anyway.If you had seen Dave Grohl with "Scream"you would appreciate that more."Scream" was D.C. thrash.I saw their last show in some squat-type place in D.C.(Oh shit,now "I" am going to drop a name)I was invited by my friend Larry Hinkle of "soreLosers".After the show we talked to Dave because he and Larry grew up together as best friends.I told Dave he would be famous some day.He said"shut the fuck up!"(in a cool way)Next thing I know,Im a grunt in Berlin,looking at Rolling Stone magazine and reading about Nirvana.When it gets to the part about Dave,I say"Dave Grohl,thats the dude from Scream"I look close at the picture,and,its him!I ran into Dave one other time in a bar years later when he moved back to the area.We spoke and he asked me to tell Larry to call him.I dont know where Im going with this,buuuuut,Im drinking,damnit!Oh yeah,hair metal sucked at that point.It was so cheesy it HAD to die.Nirvana opened the door for that whole seattle scene,but,they were nothing like any of those groups.They were basically punk.And punk,almost by definition ,is a direct reaction of boredom.And hair metal had become fucking BORING!

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
    Kurt killed himself because Nirvana was getting so big.
    NOT TRUE! That is the fucking LIE they want you to believe.He was MURDERED!

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know what's sad? If you watch the great concert video for Unplugged, you just look at Kurt playing that wired up acoustic guitar
    and notice a man who is basically gone.
    No,he is simply on heroin.Also,at that point he had lived the rock star life,was famous,and,remember,he was basically a punk.Hes just chillin.

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But also you got to take into account Courntey Love and the affect she had on
    him.
    You mean the negative,right?Fuck that whore!

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is your point?

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Skid row?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!GnR wasnt real "hair metal",anyway,but Ill agree about the ego factor.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bottomline is we need another Nirvana. They did the same thing that Van Halen did back in the late 70's. When Disco was King and Punk was dying, and Bands like Foriegner were being defined as Rock, Van Halen came along and completly changed music. Same thing with Nirvana, In The Early 90's people like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were selling records, And Rock was starting to become the joke with bands like Poison, Warrant, and Nelson topping the charts, Nirvana came along and completley changed the Music Industry. We needed Change and we needed it bad, and Now we're stuck back in the rut again, You have bands like Nickelback being considered Rock, Rap is taking over everything.With another Nirvana, We would get better bands back and the Scum of the Earth (The Current Music Scene.), would be wiped clean.

Awesome guy
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bottomline is we need another Nirvana. They did the same thing that Van Halen did back in the late 70's. When Disco was King and Punk was dying, and Bands like Foriegner were being defined as Rock, Van Halen came along and completly changed music. Same thing with Nirvana, In The Early 90's people like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were selling records, And Rock was starting to become the joke with bands like Poison, Warrant, and Nelson topping the charts, Nirvana came along and completley changed the Music Industry. We needed Change and we needed it bad, and Now we're stuck back in the rut again, You have bands like Nickelback being considered Rock, Rap is taking over everything.With another Nirvana, We would get better bands back and the Scum of the Earth (The Current Music Scene.), would be wiped clean.

I agree completely. Today's music is 95% garbage.
    We need a band that could really bring it all to the table and inspire an entirely new group of artists... it's been too long since rock has been dead now. Let's see, who's selling records... AH, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Mariah Carey, 50 cent, Young JEEZY? (wtf.)
    I think music needs to send out an SOS.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jslav06
    I agree completely. Today's music is 95% garbage.
    We need a band that could really bring it all to the table and inspire an entirely new group of artists... it's been too long since rock has been dead now. Let's see, who's selling records... AH, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Mariah Carey, 50 cent, Young JEEZY? (wtf.)
    I think music needs to send out an SOS.
    Yes Music is beyound Bland at this point. The Big Coporations own everything. you could never see a band like Van Halen, Nirvana, or Appetite Era Guns N' Roses get signed today. They want everything to sound the same. You're either Nu Metal, Emo, Rap, or Pop Rock. The corporate suits back at MTV didn't want Smells Like Teen Spirit to be played, you know why? Its not marketable, MTV could not make money off of Music that spoke to a person or that had auctual talent. I imagine that they woiuld defintly not touch a video like Teen Spirit Oh, wait They don't play videos I forgot

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BruinJer
    One of my Favorite Pics of them. They auctually apeared on The Cover of Rolling Stone witht hat pic , The ultimate in your face.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I am betting Money That Courtney used about 99% of Kurt's Lryics on this. I can just tell from listening to the music, Courtney Love could never write something like this without "Help", (See Album that Billy Corgan wrote For her.)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I kind of liked that Hole album...

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another good thing about Nirvana is that their songs are easy to learn...

Only thing I would blame them is that they only made one really good studio album, NEVERMIND, although the other albums had their moments as well and the Unplugged album is grate.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

The Chosen Dog...
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hallelujah!Can I get an "AMEN!"?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BruinJer
    I kind of liked that Hole album...
    Did you find that it helped you get in touch with your feminin side?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by PHOENIX
    Did you find that it helped you get in touch with your feminin side?

Wellll.... kinda!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How many Nirvana threads do we need?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Grossly overated band. Bleach and Nevermind are very good, and then the rest of their stuff is shit.

I'll spare you my Cobain thoughts.

And why is it that evertime Nirvana comes up, people want to credit them for killing hair metal? Like somehow this was some huge thing....Metal is still around, still gets airplay. Has it's own station on Sirius (Hair Nation). Meanwhile Nirvana will be remembered for one song. One. And the grunge movement is dead as disco.

We've had this arguement before and you can talk to me all you want about Lithium and others. They aren't getting play on rock radio. You're going to hear SLTS and occasionally hear the other tunes. I've said it a dozen times here- no one is interested in hearing Heart Shaped Box when they're driving down the highway, but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    I've said it a dozen times here- no one is interested in hearing Heart Shaped Box when they're driving down the highway, but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......
    LOL..... Talk Dirty To Me ????

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey...It comes on, people are cranking it, and signing along.

Come on, man....HEAVY POISON DENIAL GUYS!!!!!!

The point I'm trying to make is that bands like Poison are certainly not brilliant music. CC Deville is one of the worst guitarists ever. They suck live. (Saw 'em twice- once opening for DLR, other time on one of those summer metal tours) But they have catchy songs and if I'm on the porch, drinking a beer, I'm choosing a so-called hair metal band anyday ahead of a Nirvana cd. Even Nevermind.
    Last edited by Mr. Vengeance; 02-17-2006 at 03:17 PM.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nirvana killed hair "metal" , thank god.

Kurt Gobang's dead ,Courtney' still sucking air. WTF ????

She should've put her head behind his when he pulled the trigger .................
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondjimi
    Nirvana killed hair "metal" , thank god.

Kurt Gobang's dead ,Courtney' still sucking air. WTF ????

She should've put her head behind his when he pulled the trigger .................
    I can pretty much guarantee you that the next post would be "How could she, when she pulled the trigger?", so I'll post it now before they can.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NIRVANA. One of my very favorite bands...maybe tied for first with one or two other bands.

Incredible stuff.

Their stuff is utterly timeless. Extremely ferocious.

IN UTERO is probably my favorite...or maybe it's BLEACH. I just love that hard-edged fucking heavy punk/metal sound they had. NEVERMIND didn't really represent their sound.

Favorite songs:

BIG CHEESE
    NEGATIVE CREEP
    SCOFF
    SLIVER
    LOUNGE ACT
    ON A PLAIN
    OLD AGE (NEVERMIND outtake, on the box set)
    CURMUDGEON (great b-side)
    OH, THE GUILT (great one off single with the Jesus Lizard)
    AERO ZEPPELIN
    SCENTLESS APPRENTICE (favorite NIRVANA song)
    FRANCES FARMER WILL HAVE HER REVENGE ON SEATTLE
    MILK IT
    PENNYROYAL TEA
    TOURETTE'S
    LAKE OF FIRE (Meat Puppets song, from UNPLUGGED)
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT (my second favorite NIRVANA song...their last ever)

Just unbeatable. And so raw and uncompromising live.

People thinking that simple songs aren't some of the greatest are dead wrong. I've always believed much more in a punk rock mentality than a metal one.

NIRVANA were it.

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...but people will crank up Talk Dirty To Me.......
    LMFAO!!:p

I have never met one person in my entire life that likes that song, let alone even knows what it is.

What a fucking joke.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then you 'aint looking....

Ask 100 people if they'd rather crank up a hair metal album or listen to fucking Heart Shaped Box while drinking beers or cruising the open road. Metal will win.

In Utero is the biggest piece of dogshit they ever released. Worse than that fucking abortion Icesticide. The two live albums are uninspired and sound terrible, with the exception of Grohls drumming and excellent backing vocals on the Unplugged album.

Gramma take me home, my ass........

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then you 'aint looking....

Ask 100 people if they'd rather crank up a hair metal album or listen to fucking Heart Shaped Box while drinking beers or cruising the open road. Metal will win.

In Utero is the biggest piece of dogshit they ever released. Worse than that fucking abortion Icesticide. The two live albums are uninspired and sound terrible, with the exception of Grohls drumming and excellent backing vocals on the Unplugged album.

Gramma take me home, my ass........
    LMFAO.

I have never met a Poison fan. Ha ha...maybe just one.

I sure hang out with a lot of music fans and musicians.

Even young people listen to NIRVANA.

I know more NIRVANA fans than I could count on ten hands.

But POISON fans?

Not a one.

Wait...yes...one guy that is also into WINGER and KROKUS.

INCESTICIDE is an outtake album of early recordings, dumbass.

IN UTERO has been called one of the best albums of the decade. It truly is. Three hit singles. Uncompromising punk, produced by a legendary producer that produced THE PIXIES and later worked with JIMMY PAGE and ROBERT PLANT.

POISON vs. NIRVANA? The fact that you even made the comparison or tried to claim you could meet way more NIRVANA fans in a random draw makes me laugh my fucking ass off...you sure killed you credibility there...

BTW, nice try with the "metal will win" comment. First off, you're dead wrong. Second, the biggest bands are the ones that don't need to be lumped in with a stupid classification like that. NIRVANA are a wonder on their own...they don't need a lump like "hair metal"...a genre that was almost as commercial and unartistic as boy bands...

Thread Information