X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The NBA Playoffs 2006

Anyone catch the Celtics and Cavaliers game?

Expert recap and game analysis of the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics NBA game from February 15, 2006 on ESPN.

Holy shit! Pierce made Lebron look foolish on a few plays...best I've seen him play.

Lebron with the triple double!

Pierce looked like he was about to cry after he fouled out in double OT and he had to watch Lebron win such an epic battle.

I almost felt sorry for an NBA player! Who woulda thunk it?

So much to talk about, I thought we needed a thread.

Dwayne Wade could have his own thread, but maybe this one will do.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 02-16-2006, 04:30 AM.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

All I know is that the Pistons are beating the shit out of everybody!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Expert recap and game analysis of the Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA game from February 24, 2006 on ESPN.

James finished with 25 points, but went 0-for-8 from the field and 4-for-12 from the foul line in the second half as Cleveland dropped its second straight after winning three in a row.

"I put all the blame on myself," said James, who came in averaging 35.8 points on 52 percent shooting over his previous five games. "It was a bad performance by me, simple as that."

James missed his final seven from the line -- and was even booed in the final minutes. After missing a shot from the wing with 5 seconds left, he angrily ripped off his headband, threw it into the crowd and walked off the court.

James said he "of course" heard the boos, adding, "If these fans want to boo me, it's on them."

Nice, Cleveland!

Sure he is having troubles at free throw line. I can't imagine booing LeBron.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

You boo Lebron if you are a fucking moron...not at all interested in keeping the best young player in the game...

hell...

the best overall player in the game...at least offensively...

Fucking cleveland fans are fucking douchebags...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Page 2 has a hilarious story right now...called...

The First Annual Atrocious GM Summit...

staring Isiah, McHale, and Kupchak...

it's fucking hilarious...

The Shitty GM Summit
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It's all gold, but I like this Nugget from Thomas:

Thomas: And that's one of the reasons I wanted to work for the Knicks. When I screwed up in Toronto, nobody cared. When I ran the CBA into the ground, nobody cared. When I coached the Pacers and lost a series to Boston in which we had 10 of the best 12 players, nobody cared. In New York, they care. Right now, I'm working on a trade with Orlando where we give up Penny Hardaway's expiring deal and Trevor Ariza for Steve Francis. It's an illogical trade in every respect -- Francis' contract is terrible, there's no way he'll mesh with the other guys, he's never won anything, he gives us the same problems that Marbury gives us, it's a disaster right out of the gate. And that's what makes it so great. When we pull this trade off, New York fans might actually riot. I'm not kidding.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Even funnier:

Babcock: When you're trading an unhappy superstar, like Isiah said before, you have to get one of three things back: Cap space, draft picks or young stars. Or else your fans will flip out. Especially if the guy immediately starts playing hard again, which was a mortal lock in Vince's case, because he was clearly tanking it for us. Anyway, my goal was to trade Vince without getting cap space, draft picks or another young star -- that's what would have made it the worst trade of all-time. The problem was that you can't be too obvious with this stuff or the commissioner's office will veto the deal. So what ended up happening was, the Nets gave us two non-lottery picks to save face, but everything else worked out -- not only did we not get a superstar back, we took on three bad contracts, including Alonzo Mourning's deal, which we had to buy out. So instead of getting cap space back, the trade hurt our cap space. I was more proud of that than anything.

Weisbrod: You know, I loved that trade, but I loved the Rafael Araujo pick even more.

Babcock: Thanks!

Weisbrod: Passing up Andre Iguodala for a 24 year-old center who averaged 0.1 blocks per game in college and runs like a duck … I just thought that was brilliant.

Babcock: Well, you hope with these things, but you never sure how they'll work out until they happen.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Simmons: So you like what Isiah has done?

Layden: Hell, yeah. Take the Francis trade, if it happens: Logically, it makes no sense because Francis and Marbury are the same player -- expensive, shoot-first point guards with huge entourages and attitude problems who have never won anything. Even if you're getting Francis for nothing, it still makes no sense on paper.

For example, let's say you spent $3,000 on a living room sofa two years ago that you didn't really like. To make the sofa stand out a little less, you bought a leather chair for $2,200 that doesn't match --.

Simmons: Marbury is the sofa and Jamal Crawford is the chair in this case?

Layden: Precisely. And the room still looks bad. So now, you're on Craigslist and you see that someone is selling another $3,000 sofa for $900 that's almost exactly like the sofa you have. And there's no way you would ever want two big, ugly sofas in the same room. It would just look ridiculous. But your mind-set is, "Hey, how can I turn down a $3,000 sofa for $900?" So you buy the sofa and stick it in the room, which is now cluttered with stuff since you also spent another $10,000 on some crummy art, a coffee table with support problems, two giant bookcases that have to be turned sideways, some wobbly end tables and a smashed sculpture that was patched back together with duct tape. But since it's too late to go back, you spend another $5,000 on an interior decorator to make the room work. Well, you know what would happen? He wouldn't be able to make it work. You bought too much crap.

See, this is why Isiah is a genius: He's assembling the basketball version of that nightmare living room, and he has the fans convinced that either the expensive interior decorator -- in this case, Larry Brown -- will be able to make everything work, or he can somehow swap some of that furniture to one of his neighbors for a first-class piece of art. And he's spending an ungodly amount of money! And you never hear rumors that he might get fired! I think it's a tribute to him and his staff. He's the best-ever at being an atrocious GM. He really is.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• EbDawson
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                  He's the best-ever at being an atrocious GM. He really is.
                  Yeah, I guess you really have to work at being that bad.
                  "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

lmfao...Marbury is the sofa...and Crawford the Chair?

Precisely...and the room STILL looks bad...

hahahahahahahaha...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

The Cavs are horrible today...

They couldn't score if they were in a room full of Denver Hotel Desk Clerks...

Pavlovic sucks...from the outside...

Z looks like a big white lump of shit...

fuck them all...

Detroit doesn't really look much better...but they can fucking board...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Detroit in the midst of a 4 game in 5 night stretch ...

Cleveland is just real bad on the road ... still a player away ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Cleveland is more than a player away...

Hughes is out for the year I'm hearing...

and they don't have anyone that can really put it to you physically...

Z is a good banger...but not a guy you follow...

Gooden is a lightweight underneath...

they need a veteran bully underneath...

and they need a point guard that can distribute and MAKE shots...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

If you took James off this team...

Cleveland wouldn't win 10 games...they are THAT bad...

I'm listening to Hubie talkin' about the Cavs bench...and thinking...he hasn't really seen this team play...

their bench is highly overrated...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

NEW YORK -- Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett was fined $5,000 by the NBA on Monday for throwing a basketball into the stands in a win over Memphis.

Garnett accidentally hit a fan when he tossed the ball away in the third quarter Sunday. He was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul and was ejected from the game.

Medical personnel examined the fan, who was wheeled from the court on a gurney to boos and later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

Garnett said Sunday that he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands but was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said.

Ricky Davis was also fined $5,000 by the NBA for kicking a basketball into the stands in a loss to Denver on Friday.

Wheeled from the court on a gurney?

From a basketball being tossed?

Dude should have his season tickets revoked from being such a pussy.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...