Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The NBA Playoffs 2006

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the Lakers finish with 45+ wins somehow, Kobe deserves MVP, he's had a spectacular season. And guess what, he's making guys better, that fucking cliche. Look at Odom, look at Kwame Brown, both playing the best basketball in their careers the last month.

I think Yao actually deserves first team center, he's really stepped his game up since he came back from his injuries, and is a completely different player now. I was truly impressed by his play against the Lakers the other day.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-03-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    All I know is that the Pistons are beating the shit out of everybody!
    THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!

The "Golden Grrl" is coming back to the "BIG MOTOR"!!!
    Last edited by Switch84; 04-03-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by Switch84
    THAT'S RIGHT! Yesterday my Motor City B-ballers clinched home court advantage throughout THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS, BABEEE!!
    No they haven't....just in the East they have.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

Originally posted by Brett
    No they haven't....just in the East they have.
    The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd like to see KoBe get up to 35 ppg, just for posterity's sake.

That'd give him the 10th highest scoring average in an NBA season.

I see KoBe averaging over 30 ppp for the next few years as his teammates get better around him. If they can get another decent power forward, and a better bench, I think they could go far deeper in the playoffs.

Just imagine something like this...

PG - Parker
    SG - KoBe
    SF - Odom
    PF - Garnett (I can dream)
    C - Mihm

Then a bench with Brown, George, Turiaf, Walton, and a few others...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

The Eastern Conference is the ONLY conference, imo! It's definitely the strongest. What, you think the LA Losers can hang with the 'Big Motor', Miami, or Cleveland? That Hollywood Hype machine can't hang with the Knicks, baby...

San Antone will go the way of the Alamo.

Nuthin' but YEAH!!
    The Lakers beat the Pistons this season, oh and Cleveland, Miami, and the Knicks twice.

You still don't know shit about the sport, it's sad you continue to comment. When you will you be off the Piston bandwagon, I doubt you were cheering when they were a last place team a few years back.

Yeah the East is real strong, that's why they have one title other than the Bulls in the last 15 years.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-03-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    War, gonna have to give up Kwame or Mihm to get Garnett, along with Bynum...and with any luck, George.
    I'd give up Kwame first, even though he's younger.

I'd give up Devean George as well, but I'm not sure about Bynum, although he may not be the wonder child some people make him out to be.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do agree with you...Brett...about Ming...forgot about him...

he's been damn good since the injury...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    MVP?

This game is a microcosm of why Nash is better for his team.

I don't buy the argument that Nash has better players to play with.

I like their team better than LA, but how many of these players are new.

Nash for MVP

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260407021

PHOENIX (AP) -- Kobe Bryant can score all the points he wants as far as the Phoenix Suns are concerned, as long as they come away with the victory.

Bryant's 51 points weren't enough to keep the Suns from beating the Los Angeles Lakers for the seventh time in a row, 107-96, on Friday night in a matchup of potential first-round playoff opponents.

Steve Nash had 25 points and eight assists but was on the bench when the Suns pulled away with an 18-4 run to start the fourth quarter after Los Angeles had closed to within one.

The Suns pulled six games ahead of the second-place Los Angeles Clippers in the Pacific Division with seven to play. The Lakers, meanwhile, dropped into a tie with Sacramento for the No. 7 spot in the Western Conference.

Bryant, who made 19-of-33 shots, broke the U.S. Airways Center record of 50 held by Amare Stoudemire and Cliff Robinson. The former America West Arena opened in 1992.

"You feel like if he's taking all those shots, the other guys aren't really scoring," Nash said. "We don't feel like if he has a huge night, that we can't win, that's for sure."

Only two players have scored more against the Suns -- Wilt Chamberlain with 66 for the Lakers on Feb. 9, 1969, and Michael Jordan with 53 for Chicago on Jan. 21, 1989.

"Oh yeah?" Bryant said. "That's pretty good company -- excellent company."

Raja Bell, the Suns' best perimeter defender, is obviously no friend of Bryant. The two didn't shake hands before the game and never acknowledge each other, let alone speak.

"If I can keep him preoccupied with trying to beat me 1-on-1, then there are four other guys out there who aren't getting shots," Bell said. "That plays into our hands because we're going to get points. So if he gets 50 and the rest of the guys don't get enough to beat us, I did my job."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was motivated after a lackluster game against Bell the last time in Phoenix.

"At some level, it's remarkable," Jackson said of Bryant's 93 points on consecutive nights. "At another level, it limits us, it hackles us a little bit because other players don't get in the flow, and they didn't get in the flow tonight."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant was motivated after a lackluster game against Bell the last time in Phoenix.

"At some level, it's remarkable," Jackson said of Bryant's 93 points on consecutive nights. "At another level, it limits us, it hackles us a little bit because other players don't get in the flow, and they didn't get in the flow tonight." [/B]

Kind of a little dig?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cavs win a big one today against the Nets...and they were down most of the game...the Cavs that is...

big comeback at the end...not big...but a comeback...

Good performances around...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not to mention The Nets had put on quite a run up until today.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Love how Lebron gave Vince "the look".

Get that shit outta here pretender...

Of course, Vince fucked up when it mattered most, missing a free throw and launching an air-ball.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

The Lakers beat the Pistons this season, oh and Cleveland, Miami, and the Knicks twice.

You still don't know shit about the sport, it's sad you continue to comment. When you will you be off the Piston bandwagon, I doubt you were cheering when they were a last place team a few years back.

Yeah the East is real strong, that's why they have one title other than the Bulls in the last 15 years.

:p Christ, are you still on that "women shouldn't concern themselves with sports" schtick? You and Red must be drinking the same brand of Kool-aid.

Since you know nothing about anyone's team fanship, you should zip the lip. Hell, you probably couldn't find Michigan on the map, baby. No, I'm not a numbers-crunching dweeb for sports. I do enough of that shit at work and it's boring as FUCK! I love the games, PERIOD! He shoots, he SCORES! He who has the most points at the end of the game WINS! It's not that difficult. It's ENTERTAINMENT! I love the poetry of SHEED sinking a three. I am awed by how Kobe racked up 81 points and I'm no Lakers fan. Some feats of athletic prowess you have to recognize whether you're a fan of that player or not. Is that too difficult for the few Neanderthal women-haters here to understand? It's time to pull your asses out of the Dark Ages and be secure enough in your manhood to not be intimidated by letting the Grrls into the treehouse.

Army's Fantasy NBA Champ
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Switch, if you would like to be taken seriously, don't speak like an idiot. It's simple, and it's not a male/female thing. You spout off like a know-it-all but really you're just a silly bitch with an opinion made from guess work and hear-say. You lost me when you mentioned whoever not being able to hang with the knicks. lol. That's fucking hilarious. The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.

Thanks for playing.
    sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by seenbad
    The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.
    Even worse than Portland? lol

The Knicks are terrible. I have serious doubts whether Larry Brown will be back next season. My prediction is that he'll bow out and blame it on "family" or "health" reasons.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Army's Fantasy NBA Champ
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I knew Portland would come up.

Ok, second worst in the league. Tought to compete in the NBA when you don't have a 4 or 5 spot worth a shit (or a true 3).

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

LMAO!

Originally posted by seenbad
    Switch, if you would like to be taken seriously, don't speak like an idiot. It's simple, and it's not a male/female thing. You spout off like a know-it-all but really you're just a silly bitch with an opinion made from guess work and hear-say. You lost me when you mentioned whoever not being able to hang with the knicks. lol. That's fucking hilarious. The knicks are the worst team in basketball. Period. There is no other discussion.

Thanks for playing.

:p Is English your second language? I'm SERIOUS! The Knicks comment was SARCASM, baby! These gazillion posts by the stalkers that follow my every post always makes it a mission to quip "women are stupid about sports" or "you're a bitch/cunt/whore/whatever" instead of responding with a constructive opinion using your BRAIN. You would fail miserably in a Debate Face-off, because you resort to idiotic, grade school insults instead of intelligence. Not a person here knows everything about anything, including YOU! I know what I like and I won't hesitate to speak on it.

I honestly don't know why a few of the fellas here get off on trying to tear someone down. You must be intimidated by women that venture outside of the 'barefoot and pregnant' subservient role we're 'supposed' to abide by. The team sites I surf and discuss sports with fellow fans are not like you and your ilk at all! They're receptive to anyone that loves the games and it's not about an ego trip.

You, (just like everybody else) are an anonymous person posting on a message board with people that share your interests. That could be a pleasant experience or it could be a nuisance, depending on your point of view and where your mindset is. I prefer it to be a pleasant experience.
    Last edited by Switch84; 04-10-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Army's Fantasy NBA Champ
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Blah blah blah. Whatever. Don't post like an idiot and you'll be taken seriously. Your words are what they are and they represent your little peanut for a brain.

Go Knicks!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seen, Switch knows so little about the NBA, it isn't even worth discussing with her. I just let her ramble on, there's no point debating with an unarmed mind.

Check out her other retarded thread carrying on about a fucking run-of-the-mill defensive back retiring. It's just not worth responding to.

She has a huge chip on her shoulder that her being a woman has something to do with why she's not taken seriously about sports....maybe it's that her comments are just fucking dumb, no matter her gender.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-12-2006 at 12:39 AM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

:p Christ, are you still on that "women shouldn't concern themselves with sports" schtick? You and Red must be drinking the same brand of Kool-aid.

Only one bringing up gender here is you you ditz. I don't give a shit what you are, you're fucking stupid when it comes to discussions of the NBA, man, woman, child, alien, Martian....fucking dumb.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEETROIT BASKETBAALLLLLLL!!!

: I am awed by how Kobe racked up 81 points and I'm no Lakers fan.
    Wow what a real fan you are....LOL....the guy scores the second most points in one game in the history of the NBA and that awes you. Like you need to be a Laker fan to appreciate something like that.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    vvvvb0oknmibvc

We'll call that Lil' Pojoette's first post...and leave it at that...

comments...forthcoming...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you're saying what I think you're saying... congrats dude!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao bro...

not quite...

Lil' Pojoette isn't a newbie...but it's the first time she has actual words posted on this board...and with her foot no less...

lmfao...

and it's better than my posts already....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron goes down...

ankle injury...

fuck...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Its not season ending though, is it?

Just a precaution...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's day to day...but coming off of Z's injury...and Hughes just coming back...

it's problematic to say the least...

They should bench him though...having the 4th seed wrapped up...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Any time you lose a guy like LeBron this close to the playoffs...it can't be a good thing...

of course...if Flip Murray and fucking Hughes get a chance to get the groove with him gone...well...

it could be a good thing...IF...Lebron's injury is truly a day to day injury..

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    at least they weren't still fighting for a spot. let 'Bron sit. he's played more minutes/game than Mike Brown wanted him to anyways.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I want to see what Lebron can do in playoffs.

I don't know what has got into him these last few weeks, but I can't wait for playoffs.

Since when has the East been this much fun.

The Nets, Pistons, Heat, Cleveland!

Shaq looked damned impressive himself the other night. I doubt Walker can do anything without alot of touches, the pouting fool.
    How can you give him much of anything with Wade playing out of his mind?

When Wade is in there, not much left for Walker. If only he didn't tune out, they could win the East.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lebron will be OK, you guys don't need to worry. Let him rest the next week, he'll be ready for the playoffs.

I held my breath last night, Kobe went down in a heap after landing awkwardly when he was fouled, but he played through it. But man, my heart sank when he was laying there.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Releasing your inner GRRL!

Lebron will be OK, you guys don't need to worry. Let him rest the next week, he'll be ready for the playoffs.

I held my breath last night, Kobe went down in a heap after landing awkwardly when he was fouled, but he played through it. But man, my heart sank when he was laying there.
    :p Wow, Brett! I'm impressed that you're in touch with your feminine side! This sounds like something my sisters, Mom, aunts and friends would say after watching one of their kids skin their knees playing or something! You ARE capable of emotions outside of misguided anger and hatred. I'm not being facetious. I'm not at all intimidated or dismayed about your obvious biases, either.

You amuse me, especially with your selective amnesia. There's numerous threads at DDLR alone that contains your posts of anti-female sports fans. For some odd reason you and your ilk feel you own the games when you don't. You feel you have to prove something instead of just being entertained, which you don't! Your need to have someone co-sign your ugliness is even more telling and hilarious, i.e you constantly try to 'recruit' more haters to validate you.

Back to the subject at hand....I'm curious about playoffs longshots!

Question for the stats geeks and numbers crunchers; How many times has an 8th spot playoff team went all the way and won the Championship and when was the last? I went to the Bulls-Hawks game last night and Chi-town squeaked into the last playoff spot, so I'm interested in picking your brains to see what you think their chances are for getting the 'Golden Grrl'. I'm down for Detroit and think the Bulls are just delaying the inevitible, lol! Come ON, I'm asking you to 'flex' your geek knowledge, so GO TO IT, CHOP CHOP!

Thanks for the info!

FYI: Sporting events (especially the Hawks and Thrashers) in the ATL are CHEAP, so it's easy to see alot of games. I saw my Pistons twice, the Cavs, Lakers (hangin' with my Lakers-lovin' bro), Timberwolves and now the Bulls. I saw my Red Wings lose one to the Thrashers (pooh). Most of you in big market cities (LA, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Philly etc) probably have to pay way more than I did. The tickets my co-worker got for the Bulls-Hawks games were FIFTEEN DOLLARS and we were on the second level (just above the bowl)!

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

I'm listening to "The Herd" and Colin is waxing poetic about what Kobe's legacy will be (in the text books, sports journals, whatever) 10 years from now if he hasn't won another championship, but several scoring titles and it's quite interesting!

The callers' comments are what's cracking me up! Brian from San Diego, just called in to say "Kobe's legacy will be how he raped a white girl in a hotel and got away with it!" Another dude went on to say how Kobe commiting adultry will be his legacy! What the FUCK? Colin beasted on his ass, saying 'If you're looking for an NBA 'hero' that didn't cheat on his wife, YOU WON'T HAVE ANY!'

Je-sus CH-RIST, and you message board hater-spammers talk shit about MY comments being so-called dumb? These were DUDES, your fellow numbnut compadres spewing this bullshit.

Un fuckin' BELIEVEABLE!!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Releasing your inner GRRL!

[B]:p Wow, Brett! I'm impressed that you're in touch with your feminine side! This sounds like something my sisters, Mom, aunts and friends would say after watching one of their kids skin their knees playing or something! You ARE capable of emotions outside of misguided anger and hatred. I'm not being facetious. I'm not at all intimidated or dismayed about your obvious biases, either.
    Well as long as you're impressed that's all that matters.

You amuse me, especially with your selective amnesia. There's numerous threads at DDLR alone that contains your posts of anti-female sports fans. For some odd reason you and your ilk feel you own the games when you don't. You feel you have to prove something instead of just being entertained, which you don't! Your need to have someone co-sign your ugliness is even more telling and hilarious, i.e you constantly try to 'recruit' more haters to validate you.
    Where exactly did I deny saying that? Most women are fucking idiots about sports, and you certainly don't help to dispell that stereotype. What you choose to ignore is that you seem to get into these lame ass pissfests with every guy who dares to question your stupid or factually erroneous comments. The only person here with a gender chip on their shoulder is you.

Question for the stats geeks and numbers crunchers; How many times has an 8th spot playoff team went all the way and won the Championship and when was the last?
    The answer is never. The only 8 seed to get to the Finals was the Knicks in '99 and they lost. And the NBA only went to a 16-team playoff format in 1985, there were no 8 seeds before then.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-13-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

[B Je-sus CH-RIST, and you message board hater-spammers talk shit about MY comments being so-called dumb? These were DUDES, your fellow numbnut compadres spewing this bullshit.

Un fuckin' BELIEVEABLE!!!

[/B]
    So what's your point? They're fucking imbeciles too.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

So what's your point? They're fucking imbeciles too.

LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T! Do you really think Kobe's legacy will be affected by his moral shortcomings? Are you perfect? NO! Is anybody? I asked a question and you responded with bullshit. You're the Kobe fan, so I asked a Kobe expert.

Personally, I feel people's moral shortcomings are to be dealt with between them and their god, noone else. Did you judge Kobe? Did you burn his jersey in effigy? What do you think his legacy will be if he can't win without Shaq (another discussion point Colin borught up today)? Are you capable of answering these questions without your usual spewing?

Thank you, thankyuhvurrymuch!
    Last edited by Switch84; 04-14-2006 at 12:24 AM.

EAT ME
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T! Do you really think Kobe's legacy will be affected by his moral shortcomings? Are you perfect? NO! Is anybody? I asked a question and you responded with bullshit. You're the Kobe fan, so I asked a Kobe expert.

Personally, I feel people's moral shortcomings are to be dealt with between them and their god, noone else. Did you judge Kobe? Did you burn his jersey in effigy? What do you think his legacy will be if he can't win without Shaq (another discussion point Colin borught up today)? Are you capable of answering these questions without your usual spewing?

Thank you, thankyuhvurrymuch!
    Tell me your avatar isnt you, gross!

Thread Information