EAT ME
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Releasing your inner GRRL!

Originally posted by Brett
    Most women are fucking idiots about sports, and you certainly don't help to dispell that stereotype.

What you choose to ignore is that you seem to get into these lame ass pissfests with every guy who dares to question your stupid or factually erroneous comments. The only person here with a gender chip on their shoulder is you.

The Man has built a case here? huh! LOL

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

Originally posted by Switch84
    LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T!
    I don't know it all, but I've forgotten more about the NBA than you'll ever know...that much I know is fact.

As far as Kobe, I really don't care about anyone's opinion about the guy as a person. As long as the Lakers win, that's what I care about. Let people who have nothing better to do than to judge others worry about his morality. I simply don't give a fuck.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kobe is a fucking machine, cold-blooded killer.

Can't believe how he can shoot this year.

Ridiculous

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Warham pointed out This Article on ESPN chronicling who should be the MVP...

and there is a good case made...

Anyone who saw the game a Sunday or 2 ago..saw Billups eat alive Steve Nash...

and I DID think that it said a lot about Billups...and not a bunch about Nash...although I said something completely different to War...

There is a GOOD case in the Kobe camp that he should be the MVP...

we shall see though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Besides...it makes LeBron look like a killer...

and allows everyone to take a REAL look at the Cavs as a team...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's a great quote from the article...that has Lebron at #2...

There's a perfect example that Hollinger wrote about on Sunday, but screw it, I'm retelling the story. On Saturday afternoon, I TiVo'ed the Nets-Cavs game because the Nets had won 14 straight and officially reached "record all our games" territory. LeBron completely took over the game in the fourth, capped off by one of the most startling plays I have ever seen: Trailing in the final two minutes, LeBron seized some open space in transition and pulled the Runaway Freight Train move, careening toward the basket as one Net reached in and hacked him, followed by another Net on the other side reaching in and fouling him, and then a third guy just to make sure he wouldn't score. LeBron was cradling the ball, taking two giant steps toward the basket and absorbing those karate chops. BOOM-BOOM-BOOM. Any normal human being would have either lost the ball or lost their balance and tumbled to the ground.

Well, LeBron kept going -- almost like a tight end bouncing off three safeties in the open field. As the last guy walloped him, LeBron jumped in the air (where did he get the strength?!?!?), regained control of the ball, hung in the air, hung in the air for another split-second, gathered the ball (at this point, he was drifting under the right side of the rim), and finally unleashed a righty layup that banked in. The shot was so BLEEPING INCREDIBLE, the referee practically jumped in delight as he called the continuation foul. The Nets were done after that. He ripped their hearts out, MJ-style. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it.

And he's 21. Even more unbelievable.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw that play, and the rest of the game.

What is amazing about Lebron that you cannot say about any other player, is that he is physically, a world away from everyone else.

Reminds you of MJ in an era when that shouldn't be possible, but somehow it is.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

It was an interesting read, and an interesting take on Kobe's season...nice to see someone in his corner in the media.

It is a good point because 10 years from now people will still talk about the night Kobe scored 81 points.

BTW, he became the Lakers single-season scoring leader tonight, which is impressive when you think of the players that have played for the Lakers....Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Worthy, Magic, blah blah blah.

However, with all that said, Lebron is an amazing player and will get an MVP at some point, he's too good not to. I just think Kobe's had the far more memorable season, and the Lakers are playing well.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-15-2006 at 01:47 AM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...and he's not a Kobe fan...

No doubt impressive...but of course...all those guys you listed...had a bit more help than Kobe does...

seems like this Garnett thing won't go away...

Garnett makes them immediate contenders...IF...they are able to grab some cheap GOOD free agents...

cuz you'd have to imagine that a deal that gets Garnett will rape them a bit at big man...and their bench...just to get #'s that match...

I just can't imagine Minnesota dealing Garnett though...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And Brett...looking at the difference between Kobe and Lebron...

Kobe doesn't have to be physically imposing...as you said...because of his outside game...

Lebron's outside game isn't there yet...although better than most realize if you look at his 3 stats and %...but still...you lay off Lebron...

so...IMO...offensively...either one...Kobe or James isn't that far ahead of the other...

What Kobe can do on the outside...Lebron more than makes up for with his post up game...

but there IS a difference on the defensive end...although that will improve with time as well...

Lebron will win an MVP sooner than later if he stays healthy...

the question is...will he win a title...

and I agree with the Z piece in that...he's a good big man...but doesn't fit the picture that I think the Cavs have in a big man...they need someone much more versatile...and able to move up and down the court without looking like he's giving birth with every step...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

Maybe, but he doesn't play well in a team environment, which is everything.

You could say, Well, Flamma, who does he have?

Look at what Nash has done with virtually an entire new team. Tell me that isn't miraculous. Face it, Nash has his weaknesses, but he wins and makes teamates look better than they are.

Kobe makes others look ordinary, not because he is so talented, but because his ego won't allow him to share.

You need some of that, which thankfully Lebron is showing more of down the stretch, but Kobe needs to make others better.

I dunno, MVP? Such vague criteria. Kobe, most talent, but he won't win another championship even if he averages 40 a night.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Suns aren't playing that well actually, and they certainly are not better than last year. And Shawn Marion has had a career year.

The Lakers have had a FAR better year than the Suns have had, when you compare where the Lakers were this year and last. And the fact that players like Lamar Odom are going for triple doubles nightly now, Kwame Brown actually looks like a legitimate player inside do show that Kobe's influence is rubbing off. And if you want to deny that, then I just think you're unwilling to admit the obvious. He is making them better and making the Lakers better. Don't tell me Phoenix is excited about playing the Lakers in the first round...they're not.

Kobe can win another title here, and the Lakers are a star away from contending, so you're wrong on that end. They're not as far as off as people think, and they're peaking right now.

And Lebron is not even close to Kobe on defense, and I'm sorry, Kobe commits to 48 minutes on both ends, there is not ANOTHER player in the league that can score 50 and then go and guard the other team's best player. Kobe does that almost nightly.

Kobe can score from ANYWHERE on the court, Lebron cannot yet. Kobe can post up, and a large part of his game is posting up small guards and taking them baseline...come on now.
    Last edited by Brett; 04-15-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't agree with all your saying...

my guess...is Brett's about to post something about how Kobe DOES make players around him better...

and it's truthfully...somewhere in the middle of what both of you are saying...

Kobe does win an awful lot of games on his own...and IMO, that's a good and a bad thing. Thing is, right now...minus Odom...they have nothing worth a damn on that team TO pass too...so you can't blame him for that.

Nash certainly makes that team a playoff team...and moreso...makes them a contender for the title...

but he did look like a bitch against Detroit...and someone just held him SCORELESS in a game...

I think Nash will win it...he's the trendy pick...and whenever a white guy rolls a team up...you get noticed...a bit more...

I'm still now 100% sure which one of 4 or 5 players I'm going to pick...

I think Kobe wins them 25...

I think Lebron wins THEM 25...

how many does Nash win them?

hard to say...Amare's out...but you could make a case that Shawn Marion, in taking over for Amare...has just as much right to the award...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would give the Zen-master some credit for Brown's effort as well as Odom, who I have actually liked as a player, although he has underachieved.

I think their success is in spite of Kobe.

You are right about his defensive prowess...most impressive.

Marion would not have his numbers without Nash, c'mon that is just obvious.

I guarantee you Odom would be having a career year if he was playing with Nash.

No way LA beats Phoenix.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Nash was the trendy pick last year, frankly I think he was a better player last year, despite the fact his scoring is up this season, obviously because of Stoudemire's absence. His assists are down.

I also don't think the defensive thing is an issue for the MVP, because Nash is a non-existent defender, so I don't think that aspect will hurt Lebron.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Marion was an All-Star before Nash came to Phoenix, was he not?

I didn't say the Lakers will beat Phoenix, I said Phoenix is not excited to play a Laker team with Kobe playing well, especially when they're not.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brett, you don't think Phoenix being the No 2 seed in the West with a completely new team is not an outstanding achievement?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm exiting from this conversation...

don't want or need to go into a Lebron vs. Kobe battle again...

especially when there's understatin' goin' on...

there's no way Lebron wins it this year...

IMO, it's between Kobe, Nash and Nowitzki anyways...

say what you want about Lebron's D...but you take him off the Cavs roster...and you lose 25 wins...

and the Lakers wouldn't lose that much more...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree Phoenix has a bit of a new team...

but Marion having a career year probably has more to do with opportunity than anything else. I'm not saying Nash doesn't have anything to do with it...he DOES...

and Raja Bell added to the team actually made them better...where as Quentin Richardson was a scorer...Bell has proved to be a scorer and their best defender...

IMO...Nash makes them a great team...but they'd be a playoff team with another decent point guard there...

IMO...

Nash shouldn't have won last year...or this year...

Last year Shaq IMO...this year Kobe...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    Brett, you don't think Phoenix being the No 2 seed in the West with a completely new team is not an outstanding achievement?
    Well they're not the second best team in the West, the Mavs are. I mean are you going to argue the Denver Nuggets are the third best team in the West, because they won that shitty division, when the 6-seed Clippers have a better record, and the 7-seed Lakers may well too? The seeding thing is useless.

I think Phoenix has had a good season, I'm not marvelling in disbelief, they have a lot of good players. They're also starting to run out of gas the last month, so we'll see.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think it really makes a difference, the NBA Finals are going to be the Pistons and the Spurs again anyway.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is anyone really marveling in disbelief about the Suns?

I seem to recall all the moves they made making them a legit contender...maybe a #1 seed...

and they lost Amare...

and they drop down the list a bit...about to where they should be...

I don't see this season as vastly different from last season...just without Amare...I know that's a big without...

but still...Phoenix has some players...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't see anyone beating the Pistons...although they have looked mortal recently...and there are a couple of teams that could give them some issues if they play up to snuff...

I can't say anyone other than the Spurs...because truthfully...there haven't been many West teams that have proven to be able to beat them...

I'm not convinced about the Mavs...we'll see if their D holds up...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Is anyone really marveling in disbelief about the Suns?

I seem to remember all of the talk at the beginning of the season was that it would be a feat to be in a position to make the playoffs once Amare got back.

So obviously they have overachieved.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Mamba was SICK last night.

Without KoBe, the Lakers would have won about 15 games this year.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He seemed to enjoy beating up on the hopeless Blazers a little too much, although it was fun to watch.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was too close a score to call it 'beating up' on somebody.

It's a professional sport, not an amateur event. There's no mercy rule in the NBA, so if those guys on Portland didn't want KoBe to score 50, they should have sent five guys after him.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    I
    It's a professional sport, not an amateur event.
    Thanx for the tip

I'm just saying that the after the basket histronics were a bit much, given the competition, even if this is the NBA.

Having said that, it was great to watch.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    He seemed to enjoy beating up on the hopeless Blazers a little too much, although it was fun to watch.
    It was a close game until the last five minutes, he had to be in there.

Of course he beat up on those hopeless Dallas Mavericks too by outscoring them through three quarters by himself.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No way this happens:

Terry Porter rounding up investors to buy Blazers
    Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Portland Trail Blazers guard Terry Porter says he is rounding up potential investors interested in buying the Blazers and the Rose Garden arena.

Owner Paul Allen told The Oregonian in Los Angeles on Friday night that he has come to terms with selling the troubled team, which has the worst record this season in the NBA and which, he says, has been costing him millions of dollars to keep afloat.

He said he planned to attend Portland's home game against Golden state Saturday night, and "that could be my last home game as Blazers owner.

"I've come to terms with it."

Allen, a co-founder of Microsoft and one of the world's richest men, has lobbied for public funding for the team but hasn't found it in a city and state that are strapped for cash.

He said there are several scenarios that might unfold, and that he doesn't know yet how it will turn out.

He said any decision probably would be before the June 28 draft. He deflected questions on what the asking price might be.

Porter, who is one of the more popular players in franchise history, played for Portland 10 years beginning in 1985 and later coached the Milwaukee Bucks for two years. They fired him at the end of last season. He also was an assistant coach for a season for the Sacramento Kings.

Porter still holds some Portland franchise records. His time with the Blazers included the 1990 and 1992 seasons, when the team got to the NBA Finals. They won their only championship in 1976-77.

He said he will be in Portland soon to meet with wealthy prospects. Some of the richer Oregonians, including Nike Chairman Phil Knight, already have said they want no part of it.

He said his group already has $100 million in debt financing lined up but would not say how much they hope to raise, or from whom.

Porter said he also will approach other former Blazers.

Paul Swangard, director of the Warsaw Sports Marketing Center at the University of Oregon, said the problem is a relatively small pool of very rich prospects in the Portland area, a pool that gets smaller when those who don't much care about NBA basketball are winnowed out.

"There's probably money. There's just a question of whether the money's there for basketball," he said.

NBA Commissioner David Stern has said the franchise and the Rose Garden are worth at least $300 million.

Andy Brimmer, a spokesman for Allen's privately held investment company, Vulcan Capital, said the group is "open to any reasonable option that would fix the broken economic model."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2410098

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who knows...I'm sure that Porter is looking at it out of the perspective that he gathers the money together...and is the vocal leader of the team...not the $$$ guy...

it's not far-fetched...

I'm surprised that Jordan hasn't gotten in the mix...being that he wants to own a team.

He may be a player if Portland leaves though...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bulls lock up a spot today...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lebron is about to make his NBA playoff debut...

should be a fun series...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hughes is all over Arenas early...

Lebron's first bucket...a man size move to the whole...

Hughes looks off so far on the offensive side of the floor...missed a couple layups...and open jumpers...

and not looking to pass...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lebron with a spot up 3...follows up with a MAN rebound...takes the ball all the way down the court...fouled...and 1...then fouled again...

Lebron on an 8-0 run...taking a tie game...to a 26-18 lead...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lebron again...guarded by Jamison...blows by him...fouled underneath again...

hits the first foul shot...misses the 2nd...but throws a crap shot...

9-0 run for Lebron...and the Cavs have the ball again...

Donyell Marshall with a 3...

it's clicking right now for Cleveland...

Eric Snow is 3-3...and Donyell hitting 3's...this could be over early...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    POJO is looking like a genius right now.

Watching Lebron do everything...

Dish, penetrate, create. Passing so timely and accurate.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Donyell playing well...

if...

Larry Hughes finds his game...

and he's getting open looks...moving well...and playing good D right now...

but if he finds his game...Cavs will sweep the series...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The talked early about James pressing...

I'm surprised they haven't talked early about Hughes possibly pressing...coming off the injury...and playing against Washington...his former team...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesus...Eric Snow is a fucking machine...driving layup...4-4...

and on the foul line to complete a 3 point play...4-4...9 points...

Thread Information