Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Roth Reunion only option for Van Halen

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    February 18, 2006

Roth to Van Halen: "People want the reunion..."

"No one will pay respect to what any of us do [musically] until we get the reunion out of the way ..."

(A.P.) Hell, Mich. - Roth Army World Headquarters

David Lee RothHere we go again. An offer is made by Roth. Let's do it one more time. Let's give the people what they want. Let's go out, nothing permanent, for a 3 month tour, then people can finally take us seriously. We've heard it all before. We heard it in 1985. Both sides saying they were still together, then both sides saying the other caused the rift. We heard it in 1996, when Roth was in, then he wasn't...because of "Ed's Fucking Hip." We heard it again in 2000, when Roth went to 5150 and recorded up to 4 tunes, only to have Dave leave one day, and never call, nor get called back again. We heard it in 2004, only to have Van Halen collaborate with Bette Midler on a piss-poor tour. We heard it a month ago when Roth was trying to get ratings. We hear it today. "Let's do a reunion."

Roth was typical Roth on the show...responding to the Rumors that Van Halen might be the next band looking for a lead singer on the CBS Show, ROCK STAR: The Series. Roth stated that Van Halen would completely turn into a "novelty act," essentially trashing the Van Halen legacy (psssst, Dave, spEd's already trashed the Van Halen name, but I bet you know that).

It's not as though Roth hasn't piped in with his opinion on spED's choices for a lead singer before, but this one had a bit of urgency, and for once, a bit of level-headed sense. Roth, in letting spED and the band formerly known as Van Halen know that this was an idiotic idea, but said in no uncertain terms, let's reconvene Classic Van Halen for one more run around the block.

Earlier this week, Roth spurred rumors by essentially saying Van Halen was probably the band that CBS is talking about taking over.

The next day, Roth changed his tune a bit, but kept his edge, saying the he didn't believe that spED would do the show, that he has a "little bit of hope and faith that there's a little bit of something left of Eddie Van Halen's pre-frontal brain lobe (again, Dave, have you been around the past 30 years)."

Eddie Van HalenRoth even gave a time frame: ""Van Halen would go out for three months. That's all Eddie could handle."

Once that happens according to Roth?

"Once Eddie (Van Halen - guitar) does that (the reunion), everything else he does can be seen with a fresh eye.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with this situation, but something is afoot...

Keep coming to the Army for some more updated Roth information.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This could be excellent fucking news.

Excellent indeed.

3 months? Sign me the fuck up...for all 3 fuckin' months of shows...

Mmm-hmm.

Twistin' by the pool.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    EXCELLENT

DAVE...laying down the law....

I'd never give 'em another thought without DAVE.....

They've been irrelevant for ages.......

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually like the thought of 1 tour...with everyone knowing they despise each other...

3 months...

controversy...

fighting...

and great music...

Then close the fucking doors...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still would want new music.

But can Ed really write new music? Let's face it: ME WISE MAGIC was 10 years ago.

Ed's lucky if he can even play old songs, let alone write new ones.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At this point...

I really could care a less about a tour...let alone new music...

but would take either or both...

hell...I wouldn't mind a couple of songs they recorded in 2000 as downloads...

at least then we wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It seems to me the stumbling blocks before where that the "DEAL" was getting too complicated, compounded by the fact that there is mistrust between Dave and everyone else.

I think this time is different. Dave is willing to forgoe the "all or nothing" mantra.

It is all or nothing, but just for a limited time.

I think deep down he hope it continues down the road, but at a minimum he KNOWS that the legacy and the fans demand this.

Van Halen's last show cannot be with that fat tub of shit Hagar, signing autographs??? during a classic Van Halen song!!

Blasphemy! It's all blasphemy.

Dave or the fucking grave.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it's the first time ANYONE on either side has said...that the only way people will look at their careers seriously is if they get back together one more time...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...and don't worry Flamma...Van Halen's last show was 20 years ago...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I think it's the first time ANYONE on either side has said...that the only way people will look at their careers seriously is if they get back together one more time...
    Well, at the risk of actually NOT bullshitting ourselves three ways to Thursday about David's music, he's pretty much absolutely right on that regard...his music and Ed/Al's music (whether that's got anything to do with Mike in the future is irrelevant)...

Without at least a BRIEF final tour, with no "reunion" bullshit, just closure...nothing will be looked at as serious...

Leave it to Dave to sum it all up in one nice, tight little package...I am, for a change, actually REALLY interested to hear how/what/if the sisters reply to him...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk

But can Ed really write new music? Let's face it: ME WISE MAGIC was 10 years ago.

Exactly...Ed's a fucking toss as a songwriter these days...he's NOT in a position to make it happen, Dave's influence back in his life or no...frankly, I just don't think he even gives a fuck anymore...although the thought of new music makes my mouth water, I think it'd be best for them to just give Ed six months to get his shit together, get clean & sober, get his chops to at least half-assed presentability, go out and play the old shit for those of us who weren't there to hear it the first time...give it closure and let us all get on with our lives...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin

hell...I wouldn't mind a couple of songs they recorded in 2000 as downloads...

at least then we wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit...
    Absolutely...unless those songs are earlier (and hopefully better) versions of the 3 new pieces of shit that showed up on Best of Both Worlds...at that point, I'd say I'd have to pass on 'em...

Still, it's a good point to be made. I'm actually kinda surprised nobody else has weighed in on this yet...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I happen to think that Dave and his presence pushes Edward to another level for songwriting.

Even if it is a motivation to top Dave, the best music to come from Edward is Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff...

Take off Dave's vocals and it is still the best shit since 1984.

I think Van Halen can create relevant tunes today.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    I happen to think that Dave and his presence pushes Edward to another level for songwriting.

Even if it is a motivation to top Dave, the best music to come from Edward is Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff...

Take off Dave's vocals and it is still the best shit since 1984.

I think Van Halen can create relevant tunes today.
    Well, you might be right, guy. I don't know...when it comes to all things "Van Halen" anymore, I'm usually the pessimist in the bunch...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, a sane person would think that would be the only option, but Ed and Al have a knack for confounding logic...

What Van Halen has become is just pitiful and meek. That band used to be called the MIGHTY Van Halen for a reason. What transpired from 1986 to 1996 was no great shakes, but at least the band was touring and releasing albums with regularity (shitty as the music was). The past decade has just been pathetic, and I'd have rather seen the boys put out one killer new studio album in 1997 and follow it up with a two-year tour with Dave and then just end it. Call it a day and finish it the same way it began, with heads held up high.

When that band was peaking in the early 1980s, could've never DREAMED it would have came to what it is today.

Ed's always gonna be linked to Dave, just as Dave is always gonna be linked to Van Halen. Think those guys owe it to us and themselves to give it another shot. Dave's up for it.

For Ed to take the Van Halen name and subject it to a fourth singer, another go-around with Hagar or whore it out to Rock Star is just frankly insulting and pisses me off. The fans MADE Van Halen. Ed's getting a taste of what it's like to piss off the majority of your fanbase. Certain amount of people gave Ed the benfit of the doubt with Van Hagar 1986-1996 because Roth didn't want to be there.

Well, Dave wants in, and has for the last decade. We all want to see it. Ed has another agenda. Fine. Keep watching those crowds dwindle and good luck trying to land a major label record deal to distribute your "two or three albums" you have "in the can". Maybe you can hook up with Steve Lukather and play rhythm guitar for the next Toto reunion.

Fuckin' Eddie! Guy pisses me off royally, and I'm not even in a fucking band with him!! Dave's gotta have a high threshold for other people's bullshit to still want to get back with the Halens at this point. Yeah, the payoff financially is an incentive, but would like to think it's because the CVH music means that much to him (and he knows how much it means to us) that he'd want to do it.

Seems the CVH music means more to Dave and the fans than it does to Eddie. Shame, that.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All I've got to say is: If it happens, I hope they'll tour Europe, too.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

jnaatane
    Classic van Halen reunion would be awesome, but I´m sorry to say that I´m sceptical if the band would be
    even nearly as great as it once was. I think that Daves voice isn´t anymore what it used to be. The low parts are still great
    but high tones sound tight and
    squeaking, at least what I´ve heard.They aren´t young boys anymore, they are over 50 already. In one video I saw
    Dave jumping in the 2000´s
    and it looked pathetic.
    I hope I´m wrong because I´m a big CVH fan, but I´m afraid it´s true what I say.
    What do you think?
    Sorry about inperfect english, I´m from Finland.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jnaatane
    Classic van Halen reunion would be awesome, but I´m sorry to say that I´m sceptical if the band would be
    even nearly as great as it once was. I think that Daves voice isn´t anymore what it used to be. The low parts are still great
    but high tones sound tight and
    squeaking, at least what I´ve heard.They aren´t young boys anymore, they are over 50 already. In one video I saw
    Dave jumping in the 2000´s
    and it looked pathetic.
    I hope I´m wrong because I´m a big CVH fan, but I´m afraid it´s true what I say.
    What do you think?
    Sorry about inperfect english, I´m from Finland.
    Tervetuloa!

Esittele toki ittes Fan introductionissa!
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    eddie gotta quit the bottle, dave gotta get a facelift, wig, singing lessons and lobotomy to change his shitty personality

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
    I crave two things in life.

The first thing is COCK .

The second is MORE COCK .
    KILL YOURSELF ,PLEASE !!!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Banned
    Gunnery Sgt. of Sound
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

REUNION? ******, please.

Vanilli ran off on Meally, called it a JUMP, but it was a FLYING KIKE, talking out his ass, 1985. That ain't JUMP!

Want some more REAL rocks, YOU MUST PAY, and you are late, so know the law in 1985, like a Mexican named Sammy, and 'fly.'

Kids call it 'sick,' then they think they get a weed scrip for THAT. SUCK!

Ed's no goddamn good, then along comes 2008, and nobody looks like a Bond girl at YOUR house without getting PAID, Havin-a-ta-killya and you ain't SAMMY with the business up front. Sammy is so FAT, he does not need new rock. DLR is so fat like something trying to get run over by FoxNews, he's gonna flop on radio, where Stern was.

Then STERN will kak out, since HE is also being too stupid for TV.

Uncensored
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk

I dont know Rikk,I think Eddie needs a driving force,and Sammy's not the guy.

I think if Dave and Eddie ever got back in the studio together
    And Eddie was clean and sober and open minded to Dave's opinions,
    I think they could still lay down some pretty good tunes...
    Key words here are sober and open minded!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by mewisemagic
    I dont know Rikk,I think Eddie needs a driving force,and Sammy's not the guy.

I think if Dave and Eddie ever got back in the studio together
    And Eddie was clean and sober and open minded to Dave's opinions,
    I think they could still lay down some pretty good tunes...
    Key words here are sober and open minded!

Well bro...they have already. MWM and CGTSNM are prime examples of the fact that the "Craftsmanship" is still there.

And according to Dave and Mike...the tracks they did in the 2000/2001 sessions are phenominal.

If only...

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

How does one send information to Mr. Roth

without going through the station email? would Reverend Roth Radio be something HE could sink his teeth into? I've just heard about his plight on the radio today and thought maybe he would like to look into taking his audience on a magical mystery tour through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole to where two towers collapse and a plane disappears after hitting the pentagon. I checked out his program/show blog today and it seems as though he's still not taking much guff. Something must be up and he's playing with the MEAN DOGS! But don't forget REVEREND ROTH comes from a distinct background as well...Uncle Manny owned one of New York's HIPPEST JOINTS in the early '60s so it's not like REVEREND ROTH to be intimidated. OR IS HE? Is he just playing along for now and then hitting them with a ZINGER? I HOPE SO! In the meantime, there's consent brewing amongst the people with regards to a 9/11 truth movement and celebrities get the most coverage (just look at Sheen - www.bravocharlie911.com) meanwhile us little unknown truthers live our day to day lives trying to make the best of things, talking to friends and family and the occassional politician (but they don't want to hear the truth - go figure...) whilst our governments, big corps and secret elite play puppets/chess with real people, real souls...

welcome

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bueno bob
    This could be excellent fucking news.

Excellent indeed.

3 months? Sign me the fuck up...for all 3 fuckin' months of shows...

Mmm-hmm.

i second that fucking motion,brother!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's going to be a matter of Dave's voice strength too. Sorry Dave, love ya, but I said it.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I want to see a dlr/vh reunion as bad as anyone else here. When I first bought the best of volume 1, it blew me away to here how awesome the music turned out on "Me Wise Magic", and "Can't Get This Stuff No More". Yes, it may have not had those real high notes that we were all used to hearing from Dave, but I was left wondering what a full length album would turn out like. Those 2 songs were just merely a taste of what could have been, if they all could just get along like the old days, and just make some great music for all us devoted fans. I wish they could just put together a full album. I'm sure there are plenty of unreleased songs, locked up in a vault somewhere. Let Dave throw some lyrics to them, like only he can do!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    zen and the art of band relationships.

so ed says to dave "are you a glass half full or glass half empty kind a guy ?..." dave reply`s "shit !, i never really stopped to think about it, man... i was stoked just to get a sip !

do it before its too late guys...

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Roth Reunion only option for Van Halen...Huh???

You have got to be kidding, right? I know I might sound like a Dave basher......but I'm not. I think "classic" VH is the best that ever was.
    But let's face it. Dave hasn't been in the "classic" frame of mind for many a year. The days of "Unchained" were replaced with "Just a Gigalo". The trash talking god of hard rock , put make-up on, rubbed is ass, and sang "humala bumala boobala bop" in his vids. He was reduced to radio, and failed at that.

On the other hand.......Van Hagar sold more records, and sold out more shows than any dave solo effort. Let's do the math...... Dave=mockery of his former self, broke, and busted for a dime-bag.
    Van Hagar= platinum sales of every record, sold out shows.
    Dave=blown vocals. Hagar=the ability to still hit the high notes (though not the record/concert draw sans VH).

I just hope Dave's mouth doesn't screw this one up again..........although the music will prolly suck....the concert t-shirts will proilly rock! Am I the only one who still has the Fair Warning shirt tucked away in the drawer, showing the lion with shades?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Roth Reunion only option for Van Halen...Huh???

Originally posted by skullywag
    Am I the only one who still has the Fair Warning shirt tucked away in the drawer, showing the lion with shades?
    Probably cos that shirt wasn't even from Fair Warning you moronic cunt!!! It was from the "Hide Your Sheep Tour" from a year later ya idiot.

Speaking of which, you're a sheep that better go and hide at this point.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Roth Reunion only option for Van Halen...Huh???

[B]

On the other hand.......Van Hagar sold more records, and sold out more shows than any dave solo effort. Let's do the math...... Dave=mockery of his former self, broke, and busted for a dime-bag.
    Van Hagar= platinum sales of every record, sold out shows.
    Dave=blown vocals. Hagar=the ability to still hit the high notes (though not the record/concert draw sans VH).
    Also, Dave's first two solo tours were far more successful than ANYTHING Hagar's EVER attempted both prior and post joining Van Hagar and THAT must definitely be a hard pill for you to swallow? Even if swallowing 'tis a specialty of yours...

Think about it, Dave headlined and sold out places solo that Hagar can only, ever dream about doing. lmao!!!

It's also a well known fact that NONE of Hagar's solo efforts have matched just a small portion of Dave's (albeir brief) solo career. CFTH, EEAS and Skyscraper sold more copies than anything Hagar's ever put out as a solo artist!!!

Again, beat it and go sign up at either one of these fine sites where your delusional posts might actually be revered and not challenged.

www.vhlinks.com or www.redrocker.com

hagar rules
    "Van Hagar" blows away any of Daves overrated shit Sammy all the way

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by hagar rules
    "Van Hagar" blows away any of Daves overrated shit Sammy all the way
    Another alias about as original as Hagar's vocal style and lyrical content....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On the other hand.......Van Hagar sold more records [/B]

so did britney spears...

Thread Information