Thread: Sensible Shoes

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Sensible Shoes

Without question, had MTV not lost it's balls in the early 90s to Yo MTV Raps and the so called Grunge explosion, this song could've should've HUGE.

http://www.videocure.com/vidrep.php?...8c7d8d3518508c

Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com
    Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 02-21-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is a great tune. Clever lyrics, real nice melody and Dave sounds mint.

I LOVE his voice on this one.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree. Dave sounds phenomenal. I really wish he'd release a DVD with all of his solo videos as well as the MTV Documentary of the Skyscraper Tour.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    one of the best songs evaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Y2J Plays Van Halen's "Poundcake", Sammy Hagar's "Mas Tequila" & David Lee Roth's "Sensible Shoes".

Y2J says "Sensible Shoes" is a song that you'd listen to on a lazy day with the top down, just driving down the road & thinking about girls. He says when that record came out back in '91, he had a '76 Valari, bottle green with rust. He says he bought that record & there was a girl that he liked named Holly who was from Okotoks, Alberta, Canada & says if she's listening, he says in an unusual accent: "I liked you, I REALLY liked you, I had crush on you". He says the record came out in February & says that was weird because he says whenever a Van Halen or David Lee Roth record came out when there was snow on the ground, it didn't quite resinate as well as it did when the sun was out.

Y2J says Van Halen music & David Lee Roth music should come out when the sun's shinning. He then says he was driving down the street in his '76 Valari & says that song [Sensible Shoes] came on & then Y2J sang some lyrics from it:"The gypsies said I blew my sazu, ah, come on" & says it was so laid back, almost as if Roth was a lounge singer. He says "Diamond Dave" now lives on the morning radio show time on NY's K-Rock [NOTE FROM JEFF, for those that care, it's not K-Rock/WXRK anymore, but it's now WFNY. Also for those interested, here's Roth's 92.3 profile: www.923freefm.com/pages/1287.php as well as a list of stations that carry his show: http://david.freefm.com .]

Y2J asks how's Roth done & says he hasn't heard much about it & says if you hear Roth's show, he's interested in your opinions & asks if Roth's show lives up to his show. He says he saw Paul McCartney a couple of months ago & says Rick Rubin was there. He says Rick's a "portly" guy who's bald with a huge beard, kind of fat, but a genius producer who's working with Red Hot Chilli Peppers. He says they're "Fixin" & says that's a southern term, to release their new record [as he pronounces it] "Stadia Arcadia" [NOTE FROM JEFF:I could be mistaken, but I believe the title is "Stadium Arcadium"].
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Loons The Great
    Any of y'all bad dudes or lovely ladies pick up on the Creedence Clearwater Revival vibe in thiz tune nah??

Thread Information