Thread: Cost Benefit?

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wink Cost Benefit?

At what point will the execs from "Free FM" (where one is so free, that adults must be monitored for fear that they speak like adults--$13 a month folks; that's all it costs to join the revolution) make the decision to replace Roth and essentially pay him to stay off the air? I've had sattelitte for 2 months now and have tried several times to listen to testicle radio. Roth is horrible and Corrolla is almost as bad. Surprisingly, Penn is the only one who's halfway decent--perhaps because he realizes he's an amateur and keeps his show to one hour (?)
    it's true of course

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Cost Benefit?

Originally posted by il_es_douche
    At what point will the execs from "Free FM" (where one is so free, that adults must be monitored for fear that they speak like adults--$13 a month folks; that's all it costs to join the revolution) make the decision to replace Roth and essentially pay him to stay off the air? I've had sattelitte for 2 months now and have tried several times to listen to testicle radio. Roth is horrible and Corrolla is almost as bad. Surprisingly, Penn is the only one who's halfway decent--perhaps because he realizes he's an amateur and keeps his show to one hour (?)
    Stick to your revolution with your Satellite. I'd rather listen to someone with intelligence and energy up the kazoo like Diamond Dave. At least he's optimistic, while Howard is always wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and if it weren't for his crazy bag of mixed nutz like Artie, John the Studderer, Wendy the Retard and My personal favorite, Beetlejuice, he wouldn't have a show anyone would pay attention to.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's nobody or nothing on the radio worth paying for. I really could say the same thing for satalite and cable television. I say fuck all of it actually.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unless you have satellite radio, you wouldn't know. And Christ, there is more on Sirius than just Howard Stern, get over that already. There are other things to listen to on the radio besides talk.

And Bantonelli, for someone who claims to hate Stern so much you sure know a lot about the show.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    she'd make a great "pest!"
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A bunch of these guys would. "I hate Stern....oh but I can tell you every nuance of the show....but I NEVER listen and I hate it!"

Sheep Pen Pack Rat
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    Unless you have satellite radio, you wouldn't know. And Christ, there is more on Sirius than just Howard Stern, get over that already. There are other things to listen to on the radio besides talk.

And Bantonelli, for someone who claims to hate Stern so much you sure know a lot about the show.
    Hey Brett

Enhance My Rotharmy Forum Experience

listen to your satellite radio and shut up.

mkay
    Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Speak the Truth
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have sat radio and love it. you can listen to howard almost all day. great music. If you want ot catch dave on FM you can. I do not go anywhere without my sat radio. It is worth every penny. I did not realize how much I really missed the howard show

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BONEYARD is COOL!

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    sat radio does rock and I have had it from the beginning. I thought I would keep listening to stern but that has not been the case. one reason it makes it tough is that I have children and cant exactly turn on stern and listen with them around. atleast before it was censored.

another thing is I really do find DLR show more interesting, most of the time. I know what I am getting with stern. Roth is still very new and cool to see what he comes up with. plus I just like hearing the guys voice. true fan I guess.

but sat is the radio to listen to rock n roll without interuption and alot more variety. if I can give cable tv $70 a month and not watch 25% of the channels I sure in hell can get my moneys worth of sat radio everyday for $13

dont knock it till you try it!
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lots of people are converting to satellite while it's the talk of the town (with Stern leaving and all). . .but I think it's going to die off. When they start listening to Howard and realize it's the same boring shit, just maybe a few more "f" bombs. . .what's the big deal. $13 a month isn't bad. . .but just add that to your list of $50 a month for cable, $25 a month for high speed internet, $45 a month for cell phones, $300 a month for lease car payments. . .etc etc. . .no wonder why everyone is going bankrupt.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I've heard Satellite before....it's okay - it's nice to find a station with exactly the style of music you want, etc.

Sure I know about Stern and his gang...before he left the FM airwaves, I was a regular listener on my morning commute. I think Stern is cool.

When I found out last year that ROTH was the replacement personality for the Stern timeslot, I wasn't overly excited about Roth doing radio versus Concerts like I wish, but my support was going directly to Roth and I still have no plans to get Satellite.

Stern's got his audience and Roth has his audience, whether it's radio or otherwise....at this point it's ROTH baby!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And Brett, I don't hate Stern, but I don't dig Stern's crapola with putting Diamond Dave down over the antics of this radio gig, which is what Stern has been doing, according to my friends who are avid Stern listeners.

Stern also has his gang that provide most of the entertainment on his show. The listeners look forward to hearing the colorful characters.

The formats of the two shows are so remotely different. Talk Radio versus Male genital waxing (I think took place on Stern last week) ??? How do you fairly compare?? You don't.

If Roth quits the gig tomorrow, he succeeds......like i said, it's those who desire and don't try are the ones who fail.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not to mention Dave stated that he won't be doing anything close to what Stern did. He doesn't want to be compared to Howard, why can't people accept that? I'll tell you why. . .most people are SHEEP. Dave's show will continue to gain momentum. . .the critic blasting will slowly come to an end. The thing that gets me. .. Stern has been putting Dave down quite a bit. People should realize, if Stern never had the radio gig, he would be nothing but a turkey-necked geek. There is not one cool bone in his body.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Stern never had the Radio Gig and became King of All Media, more money than god right now, he wouldn't have Beth O. as his girlfriend - she's the Cash Goddess, hoping he'll marry her so that some of that gold will be hers. He does have a turkey neck, an odd face and lanky body...he's a real catch????

Gimme Roth....charisma, charm, flirt master, enough $$ to live comfortably, he's a lean machine, his hair is perfect (best natural looking hair replacement I've seen) and he can sing me sweet lullabies inside the "treasure chest sleeping bag" (tee hee)

Sasquatch Hunter
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A bunch of these guys would. "I hate Stern....oh but I can tell you every nuance of the show....but I NEVER listen and I hate it!"

I hate Stern....oh but I can tell you every nuance of the show....but I NEVER listen and I hate it!
    23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Thread Information