Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 San Fran Votes For Impeachment - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Fran Votes For Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Fran Votes For Impeachment

Mar 2, 2006 3:17 PM ET
    ComStock 20 min. delayed

Board passes resolution to impeach Bush, Cheney
    City Hall Watch
    By Justin Jouvenal
    Staff Writer
    Published: Wednesday, March 1, 2006 3:30 PM PST
    E-mail this story | Print this page

If it was up to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney would be shown the door.

Never shy about wading into controversial national issues, the board on Tuesday approved a strongly worded resolution calling for the impeachment of the president and the vice president for a laundry list of alleged crimes.

The offenses include “misleading” the American people into an unnecessary war in Iraq, torture, “disregarding” presidential duty in the federal government’s response to Hurricane Katrina and alleged illegal wiretapping. The board has no say over impeachment — that is the purview of the U.S. Congress — but Supervisor Chris Daly, who sponsored the resolution, said it was an important symbolic statement.

“The case is clear and it’s appropriate for us to weigh in,” Daly said. “We regularly weigh in with state and federal officials on items that we feel should be in front of them.”

But some supervisors argued the board — which over the years has been criticized by many for its symbolic stands on national and international issues — should instead focus on city problems.

“I don’t think we need to be calling for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney, as much as we don’t like them and as much as we don’t like the policies they put forward,” Supervisor Michela Alioto-Pier said. “I also believe [Sens.] Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein do us … justice in representing us in the Capitol in Washington, D.C.”

San Francisco has found itself in the eye of a conservative storm in recent weeks — not an unusual place for the famously liberal city.

Supervisor Gerardo Sandoval drew dozens of angry phone calls when he suggested on a Fox News program in early February that the United States should not have a military. And the Southern California town of Highland voted against spending any money to send city employees on trips to San Francisco. The move came after The City’s voters approved a resolution calling for the banning of military recruiters on school campuses.

Mayor Gavin Newsom said Tuesday that he had not decided whether he would sign the resolution.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

And before you wannabe neo-con mouth breathers [ no, not you brian, war, dd ....they know who I mean ] start in on your lame San Fran / Fag jokes, give it a rest.

1- San Fran has much more of an incredible history other than the stereotype.

2- We all know you'd just be projecting your own tendencies by nervously laughing it off anyway.

Mkay??

Comment

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

2- We all know you'd just be projecting your own tendencies by nervously laughing it off anyway.

Mkay??
      LMAO
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Unfortunately, they just increased their chances of becoming the BCE's #1 target for the next "terraist" attack, as Jeb Bush and Bill O'Reichly have already advocated for.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Mkay??
          Like closeted Neo-con gay sex, the kind Jeff Gannon likes!

Comment

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            Like closeted Neo-con gay sex, the kind Jeff Gannon likes!
            And KKKarl Rove, Ken Mehlmen, Scottie McClellan, etc, etc, etc....

Comment

I thought you libs were for gays?

Change of heart?

Comment

Originally posted by Warham

Change of heart?

All for 'em....

Live and Let Live...

Just hate the Repuke Hypocricy

Comment

San Fransisco's got some really hypocritical politicians to bring up resolutions against Bush.

I'm specifically referring to the town of San Fransisco violating California state law by issuing marriage licenses to gays last year, defying a public mandate not to do so. They finally got their hands slapped by the California Supreme Court. Gavin's a criminal himself. He's lucky he wasn't arrested.

Comment

San Fransisco's got some really hypocritical politicians to bring up resolutions against Bush.

I'm specifically referring to the town of San Fransisco violating California state law by issuing marriage licenses to gays last year, defying a public mandate not to do so. They finally got their hands slapped by the California Supreme Court. Gavin's a criminal himself. He's lucky he wasn't arrested.
                    There's nothing in the Constitution that says gays can't get married. Actually, the 14th Ammendment says they CAN, which was the basis of both the Vermont and Massachussetts state supreme court decisions, which led to civil unions in Vermont and legalized marriage in Massachussetts.

Of course, living right next to both of those states, you should have known that already

Newsome and the other mayors who allowed marriage ceremonies acted legally under the Constitution.

Why do you think the unChristian Coalition types want an ammendment so badly? They wouldn't need to ammend the Constitution to deprive gays of rights, if the rights did not exist.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

No, they didn't act legally. If they did, it wouldn't have been smacked down in court. There was a cease and desist put out or else he was going to be arrested, along with other employees of town hall.

There was a resolution passed in 2000, in which 61% of voters said that marriage was to be between a man and woman ONLY! States' rights should take precedence in these matters, just like abortion, but that's another matter.

He defied the public's will, and the California courts have said that the Legislature CAN NOT pass a gay marriage bill without the public voting on it again in another resolution.

Last edited by Warham; 03-02-2006, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Somehow I don't think the framers had gay marriage in mind when they were writing the Constitution out on parchment.

Comment

Change of heart?
                          Hey Warham, nice avatar! Is that the picture you make out with every night before bedtime?
                          gnaw on it

Comment

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                            Hey Warham, nice avatar! Is that the picture you make out with every night before bedtime?
                            You mean my signed 8' x 10' of the Gipper?

Comment

Let's not forget that your favorite President, Bill Clinton, signed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, defining marriage in the US of A.

Comment

Working...
                              X