Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Anthony and Dave

thefive

Michael Anthony and Dave

Always wondered about this.
    Since day one Michael and Dave knew that the brothers would stick together. Why didn't Dave and Michael stick together for the power or whatever you want it together. It was always 2vs1 (Eddie and Alex vs Dave) and 1 neutral (Michael). Dave and Michael should have stuck together just to make it even in the power.

Dave should have asked MIke to tour with him at the Sam and Dave tour.

thefive

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave does nothing Half Assed.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dave knows mike is where the coin is
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

thefive
    Originally posted by Panamark
    Dave does nothing Half Assed.
    Detail that out please.
    thanks
    thefive

thefive
    Originally posted by tjvhou812
    dave knows mike is where the coin is
    What does that mean?

thefive

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess dave doesn't even know his name as he always refers to "the bass player"
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Space Cowboy
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think that Mike would have, since he seems to be pretty tight in the sister's orbit. He probably realized that no one else would take to his sub-standard bass playing.
    "Whatever happens... happens."
    -Spike Spiegel-

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mike knows where his bread is buttered and even if he toured with Dave or joined his band, he would still be low man. Plus Mike and Sammy are butt buddies. Not to mention the fact that Mike has said on numerous occasions that he didn't want to tour with Dave. He said this in 86 and 96 as well. Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bet in the sports class MA was always the odd man out...you know the last guy to be chosen when it was basketball time etc.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    mike is a follower always has been. he didn't talk to sam for a long time after the split.then after a while he got ed's blessing to talk to him then fat mike and fat sam fell in love. hell at the phoenix show i was told they made love back stage.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

LMMFAOBT!!

Originally posted by Antman
    . Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass. [/B]

Holy shit, dude! That blast has me laughing like a mofo! I feel ya on that yella-bellied subject...Mikey is a yes man, pure and simple.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: LMMFAOBT!!

Originally posted by Switch84
    Holy shit, dude! That blast has me laughing like a mofo! I feel ya on that yella-bellied subject...Mikey is a yes man, pure and simple.
    yes he is

Space Cowboy
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Antman
    Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass.
    LOL! No, really. Tell us how you really feel.

Me Wise Magician
    Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, hey...think about it. His whole career depends on his bootlickin'...

Who the fuck is gonna pick up "Michael Fuckin' Anthony" ??

Without Van Halen or Van Horseshit (Spammy version)...Michael "Who?" Anthony is another redneck looking for a job.

DAVE IS GOD.

PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by thebuldawg
    I don't think that Mike would have, since he seems to be pretty tight in the sister's orbit. He probably realized that no one else would take to his sub-standard bass playing.
    You obviously know nothing about Bass playing. And your fuzzy logic that the Van Halen Brothers have some sort of dominion over Michael Anthony doesn't hold water.

The most cliche comments on this board are as follows:

"[insert band member name] is only doing it for the money"

"[insert van halen brother] is only trying to prove something to [insert lead singer]"

" Michael Anthony can't play bass and has to check with [insert band member or lead singer name] before he wipes his ass."

remember it is not required that you post a comment simply because you can..

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    LOL I always found Mike Anthony to be a very good to great Bass player but also kept in mind that he was expendable. If he left the band people would talk, but only until they realised that the "new guy" can play bass too. Nothing against Mike personaly, I just find that he's a follower. He goes where he's wanted, not needed. Either with or without Mike classic VH would still be classic VH. Probably better, because we wouldn't have those hellacious fucking stupid screams in between chorus.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by thefive
    Always wondered about this.
    Since day one Michael and Dave knew that the brothers would stick together. Why didn't Dave and Michael stick together for the power or whatever you want it together. It was always 2vs1 (Eddie and Alex vs Dave) and 1 neutral (Michael). Dave and Michael should have stuck together just to make it even in the power.

Dave should have asked MIke to tour with him at the Sam and Dave tour.

thefive
    Becasue in case youre dumb ass hasnt noticed, Mike soesnt like DLR and is great friends with Sammy. Go over to the links and read the interview with MA from '98 where he says he really didnt want dlr ever back in the band and thought it was a huge mistake that they let him in for a little bit in '96. In '02 sammy wanted dlr to jam with him and MA, but dlr is a fucking prick who wouldnt have it. If MA was loyal to dlr, hed be in the same shitty position that Roth is. Over.

Space Cowboy
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bullethead #1
    You obviously know nothing about Bass playing.
    I know enough to know that playing a single note even at a sixteenth time (ala Pouncake) is not what I consider good bass playing.

I also know a few very good bass players that find his playing laughable.

remember it is not required that you post a comment simply because you can..
    Hmm, imagine that.
    Last edited by thebuldawg; 04-12-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Didn't Mike approach Dave about playing with him some time during their tour? If I recall right, Dave was diplomatic about telling him that it just wasn't the right time, Seems like amicable enough exchange.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Actualy everyone seems to have the same story, but just wrong. It was the Howard Stern Show, it was Dave in studio and Sam on the phone. Sam said he was using Mike on the tour, and Dave said "yeah, great idea, Id love to jam with him too". It was Mike who wouldn't work with Dave during the Sam and Dave tour. Not the other way around. Mike and Alex have great dislike for Dave. It's well documented. Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.

None on us
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    Becasue in case youre dumb ass hasnt noticed, Mike soesnt like DLR and is great friends with Sammy. Go over to the links and read the interview with MA from '98 where he says he really didnt want dlr ever back in the band and thought it was a huge mistake that they let him in for a little bit in '96. In '02 sammy wanted dlr to jam with him and MA, but dlr is a fucking prick who wouldnt have it. If MA was loyal to dlr, hed be in the same shitty position that Roth is. Over.
    "Becasue", "youre", "soesnt", "hed".

You might want to watch who you call "dumb ass", stupid....lmao.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by thebuldawg
    I know enough to know that playing a single note even at a sixteenth time (ala Pouncake) is not what I consider good bass playing.

I also know a few very good bass players that find his playing laughable.
    Now i understand. Playing more than one note = great bass playing. Of course... It's so simple...

No wonder your geek friends making "Science Rock" in their basement are laughing.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This thread is stupid and full of nonsense...

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mike actually said that he was watching Dave's band and couldn't believe how good they were. I also believe at the time Mike was open to jamming with Mike. Maybe Mike was just being diplomatic knowing that this wouldn't happen and it didn't. I'll bet it sold some more tix though.

thefive
    Damn dude your dumb. I aint even going to answer your post sentence by sentence. Why would Michael ANTHONY jam with THE ATOMIC PUNKS 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with Sam he probably jammed because Sam asked him too and I think I read in an interview on Sam's website or the internet that Sam's motive for doing the Sam and Dave tour is weave his poodle head back into the band.

And concentrate on my first paragraph and maybe answer it.

thefive

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Actualy everyone seems to have the same story, but just wrong. It was the Howard Stern Show, it was Dave in studio and Sam on the phone. Sam said he was using Mike on the tour, and Dave said "yeah, great idea, Id love to jam with him too". It was Mike who wouldn't work with Dave during the Sam and Dave tour. Not the other way around. Mike and Alex have great dislike for Dave. It's well documented. Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.

Actually youre wrong. On the Vh-1 Special from a year ago both sammy and mike said that they invited dave out for a jam session and dave wouldnt do it.

Space Cowboy
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bullethead #1
    ..."Science Rock"...
    Uh-huh. Did you come up with that all on on your own or did you need help?

BTW, do you even know what a bass is?

thefive
    Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.
    All the bands that stay together look at this as a business. They don't take the personal arguments home with them. He called me stupid , he said this about me, on and on and on. Cry babies.

And your right Big Troubles its called profesionalism.

thefive

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by thefive
    All the bands that stay together look at this as a business. They don't take the personal arguments home with them. He called me stupid , he said this about me, on and on and on. Cry babies.

And your right Big Troubles its called profesionalism.

thefive

Are you guys serious, it is well documented that dlr wouldnt have anything to do with sammy on that tour. Sammy invited him out or said Ill come out and we can give the fans a good show, and dlr said no. You call that professionalism? What do you all do for a living, I m just wondering.....

thefive
    L.S.D why do you think Michael Anthony jammed with a tribute band that only does Roth era vh?

We all know why he did it with Sam. Sam asked him too. The atomic punks did not ask Mike.

Answer the question.

thefive

L.S.D.
    Because he is a member of Van Halen and loves all the band's music. And dont tellme its because of dlr blah,blah, blah. My friends met MA in a hotel bar in '98 and he told them his favorite version of the band was with Hagar.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actually youre wrong. On the Vh-1 Special from a year ago both sammy and mike said that they invited dave out for a jam session and dave wouldnt do it.
    WTF are you talking about? I read your reply to mine, but yet the words not mixed in the proper syntax still makes as much sense as you sleeping with the opposite sex. I said Mike has a disdain for Dave. Not vice versa. Dave mentioned to Sam on The Howard Stern Show get rid of Mona or whoever that bass playing bitch is and bring Mike out for us ALL to work with. It was Mike that said NO. Dont pretend to know what you are talking about. Your posts have gone from frustrating to monotonous to boring and now laughable. You obviously dont know what your talking about and it's getting embarassing for you. Even for a cum guzzling fan of Sperrmy's such as yourself. So do us a favour smart guy; read. Thats it. Just read. and in a few short years you will be able to keep up the day to day events that we've come to discuss here in the army.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because he is a member of Van Halen and loves all the band's music. And dont tellme its because of dlr blah,blah, blah. My friends met MA in a hotel bar in '98 and he told them his favorite version of the band was with Hagar.
    Now I know your full of shit. The drizzling kind no doubt. As if you even have friends. and if you had even just 1, why in the fucking world would Mike A. talk to anyone about anything regarding VH or any other band with a complete zero? Please tell me. Mike A in a bar sounds right though...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    This thread is stupid and full of nonsense...
    yes.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are you guys serious, it is well documented that dlr wouldnt have anything to do with sammy on that tour. Sammy invited him out or said Ill come out and we can give the fans a good show, and dlr said no. You call that professionalism? What do you all do for a living, I m just wondering.....
    of course dave wanted nothing to do with sammy. who the fuck are we kidding here. dave wanted to party and sing and give the audience a good time. and judging by most reviews Ive read he did. Sam went out and sang his gay song to the delight of the very few in attendance that wanted to sit through that bullshit. Dave wanted nothing to do with Sam, because sam is shit, and shit attracts flies idiot. Like dave wants to associate with shit. Give me a break.
    BTW, not that it's your business, but I run a modest landscaping co. with an intake of over $165,000 a year with 17 employees and 8 government contracts. I own 2 pick up trucks, both Dodge and both 2002's. I also tinker with my 1969 ray. Married with 2 kids living in a 4 bedroom, two bathroom wrap around, with a granny suite home, worth over $265,000. Im thinking of retiring in 12 years at the age of 44 so we can travel the world. Now...LSD. What do you do for a living? indulge away.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hate to come across as a braggart, but god damn Im proud of what i accomplished early. So when some punk ass mentally challenged Spermmy lover calls me out..."Well, Mother Fucker. I'll show you mine, but you better pray yours hits the fucking ground when you show off yours!" Since everything always amounts to a dick measuring contest with these feeble minded kids. LOL

Fulfee Perferlert
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    PIGS IN KNICKERS!
    Originally posted by flappo
    i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
    translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Space Cowboy
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hate to come across as a braggart, but god damn Im proud of what i accomplished early.
    I wouldn't worry about it, bro. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what sort of feble reply is coming.

Fulfee Perferlert
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    PIGS IN KNICKERS!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
    PIGS IN KNICKERS!
    I took my knickers off 6 posts ago!

Thread Information