Thread: :(

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    03-28-2012 @ 02:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Unhappy :(

Fans are supposed to support bands regardless of their looks"" or attitudes. I came here hoping to see a very PRO-Van Halen website... It's disappointing that so many people diss Eddie Van Halen now, considering he is still the greatest rock guitarist. I mean jesus christ he was in the smack middle of all the 80's rock! Created Eruption, started completely new trends of rock, and when he goes into public looking old ( BTW people he IS older now so get over it) you bomb him with as much as you can. It just seems that for all the bashing you do on Sammy Hager for example, and all the defending you do for Dave, you are kinda being hypocrits by dissing the guy that made Van Halen what it is.I know Roth fans beg to differ, but Van Halen went from late 70s to 90s... 2000 if you count the tour of failure...:-/.... and Sammy took most the time so clearly dave wasn't the whole formula to Van halen. and neither was sammy , cause we all know if eddie dropped out of VH, they'd never be able to play half the songs they have with a different guitarist. I'm just saying lay off the dude, no one knows if he's doin drugs or what but it's called being a Rock Star. He worked hard to please you the fans, and now when he takes his rest you don't give him any respect or thankfullness. Let him be... Dave done his fair share of bad deeds, but it seems that since Eddie ended up without a radio show he doesn't deserve to be treated with respect you as fans owe him.. No Eddie=No Van Halen= No Website for DLR. and if you deny that than you truly are blind. Take a look at this from a neutral standpoint between van halen-eddie-sammy-roth-etc. Without Eddie it is all nothing.

Oh yeah David Lee Roth IS way better than Sammy , Sammy got a rock voice, but I've seen live Roth and Sammy, and Roth is a crowd pleaser 200% , so don't smash me on my singer preference cuz that's it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: :(

Originally posted by Strykrol
    Fans are supposed to support bands ]
    What Band?
    Ed is this you?

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN

DEAL WITH IT

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Oh yeah David Lee Roth IS way better than Sammy , Sammy got a rock voice, but I've seen live Roth and Sammy, and Roth is a crowd pleaser 200% , so don't smash me on my singer preference cuz that's it.
    Well dude,

This 'TIS THE FUCKING ROTH ARMY!!! Don't be lookin' for symaphty heeya!!!

Ed... Fuck him unless he's stridlin' his axe next to Dave.

Hagar... Where's the next bus? No use for him on this site.

This place is all about David Lee and the rest are aftertoughts. Until they wise up and play with Dave, who gives a fuck?

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

how very very sad

someone thinks eddie has created something remarkable after 1984

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh soo cute how you guys are STILL Roth's B*tches now, he hasn't created anything since he got the boot from Van Halen, you tell me to move on? AHA I laugh at your stupidity, he's dying out there and you all know it, I mean come on, like his radio show will last give me a break. He's sitting on normal money now, Ed's still in the high money he got for being good. Dave's talents lied within his ability to look good , and use sexual innuendo in his dance. He had mediocre singing at best, you losers are what, 20s to 40s? and STILL worshipping him , dang ever heard of maturing ? excuse me while I go be a fat man worshipping a washed up rock singer to make myself feel like I'm part of something...

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Oh soo cute how you guys are STILL Roth's B*tches now, he hasn't created anything since he got the boot from Van Halen, you tell me to move on? AHA I laugh at your stupidity, he's dying out there and you all know it, I mean come on, like his radio show will last give me a break. He's sitting on normal money now, Ed's still in the high money he got for being good. Dave's talents lied within his ability to look good , and use sexual innuendo in his dance. He had mediocre singing at best, you losers are what, 20s to 40s? and STILL worshipping him , dang ever heard of maturing ? excuse me while I go be a fat man worshipping a washed up rock singer to make myself feel like I'm part of something...
    who's this roth you're talking about?

Serial Killer
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 08:31 AM
    Status
    Thanks

"But I know Joe didn't go to heaven, HE WENT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE"

Dave has and will continue to kick ass without ED. I just think it has got to the point where the fans have been let down so many times.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

AAAAA-DING-DANG-DOO!!!

I wont even read past the "ever since he got booted from VH."

You don't even know your fuckin' history boy.

Were you around when it happened? I was.

Poor little Eddie...

He cried and he cried that Dave BAILED!!!

NEXT!!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Don't be BITTER Strykrol!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Maybe you can get a job pickin' the LICE outta EVH's noggin!!!

Last edited by Matt White; 03-14-2006 at 02:30 AM.

Serial Killer
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You are so wrong. I'm sick of this"Dave can't sing line"; it's fucking tired and wrong. First up Dave's melodies are what made songs like Jump a hit. The man could and can write a memorable melody. There has never been a rock vocalist as versatile as Dave. Big Bad wiiliam, shit the guy sounds like a dude from the 30's, not an emulation or a copy, but as authentic as you could possibly get. Dave defined the way metal singers approched the genre from 78 on, Atomic Punk, the screams, he sang as aggressively as anyone I had ever heard on that first album. He is not given credit for this because latent Homo's like yourself are more interested in how he looked. I listen and what I hear is GREAT. Dave is unique, he sounds like Dave. Most importantly, the guy could pitch his notes, fucking Hagar always, always sounds out of key to me, he screams his notes, live he is painful.

This is the fucked thing about Van Halen, from the bat, their image was so far fetched that people tend to miss the genius of the sum of the band. This includes Mike, Van Halen would never have sounded like Van Halen without Mike. I don't give a fuck what people say about Mike, his style suited the songs, he played to Eds strengths and the songs. His back up vocals go without saying.

What the fuck do you want me to do man? I'm 39 so what, I stop listening to Dave? Give me some options? Nikleback or whatever the fuck they are called? Am I meant to be listening to Pavarotti or something? GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Hey dude, what have you done creatively lately? Anything? Anything at all? You are a nobody that ain't done shit! You know this to be true.

Loons The Great
    I think of Eddie Van Halen the same way I think of Screamin' Stevie Vai...if Dave ain't in the band, then who cares, man?

Why Strykol types I do not know. As well ask why a hen lays an egg or a cow stand patiently while a farmer burglarizes her.

No Jones, no Stones. No Roth, No Van Halen.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've heard a thousand diff. singers that sing better than roth, he didn't define the way rock singers go about singing... and add to that there are tons of interviews where dave says I got kicked and van halen said he left, so the fact is he left and van halen still did good. Steve vai and eddie van halen are better at what they do than roth at what he does. You all like roth because he got the girls and loved anything sexual and for the people that do actual listen to the singing he isn't the best singer in the world . I don't think you should stop listening I'd die if I had to stop, but if you're gonna call yourself a "fan" of van halen music, then quit naggin Eddie. It's getting frickin annoying that you have like no respect. If you have a best friend for your whole life, then they go and ... have an affair with your girl or get in a fight with you or something, you don't just yell at them and never be friends again and find another friend. You remember what they did for you, and you tell them to pick up their act. AHHHHHH And you're all losers anyways this is a sad fanboy site I'm done posting, Just rethink that you're whole life up to this point amounts to you posting on a webpage everyday and following a crappy EX singer

Loons The Great
    I've heard a thousand diff. singers that sing better than roth, he didn't define the way rock singers go about singing... and add to that there are tons of interviews where dave says I got kicked and van halen said he left, so the fact is he left and van halen still did good. Steve vai and eddie van halen are better at what they do than roth at what he does. You all like roth because he got the girls and loved anything sexual and for the people that do actual listen to the singing he isn't the best singer in the world . I don't think you should stop listening I'd die if I had to stop, but if you're gonna call yourself a "fan" of van halen music, then quit naggin Eddie. It's getting frickin annoying that you have like no respect. If you have a best friend for your whole life, then they go and ... have an affair with your girl or get in a fight with you or something, you don't just yell at them and never be friends again and find another friend. You remember what they did for you, and you tell them to pick up their act. AHHHHHH And you're all losers anyways this is a sad fanboy site I'm done posting, Just rethink that you're whole life up to this point amounts to you posting on a webpage everyday and following a crappy EX singer
    Strykrol can compress the most words into the smallest idea of anyone...since Thorman. I drink to make other people more interesting...in yer case...it's no use...there aren't 'nough kegs in the whole fucking town...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

If you have a best friend for your whole life, then they go and ... have an affair with your girl or get in a fight with you or something, you don't just yell at them and never be friends again and find another friend.

Uhhhh, YES YOU DO, idiot. :p but we're not talking about somebody fucking your girl. We're talking about someone holding a grudge for 20 years that keeps them from reuniting one of the greatest rock bands in history...and Eddie's 'replacment' friends can't carry Roth's jock. Deal with it.
    Last edited by jhale667; 03-14-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Serial Killer
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thank God, hope you stick to your word and FUCK OFF!

Oh by the way, no I would not make up with a friend who fucked my girlfriend, I would kill him.

Thats the problem isn't it? Dave fucked your girlfriend an d your pissed.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think you should stop listening I'd die if I had to stop, but if you're gonna call yourself a "fan" of van halen music, then quit naggin Eddie. It's getting frickin annoying that you have like no respect.
    Dude, without a doubt....you SHOULD stop listening.

With that bit of gene pool suffrage out of the way, might I suggest you look @ the sign up there? There's a =VH= deal right?

This IS a Van Halen site. Some would say DLR IS Van Halen. Like the cliche' goes, "It Ain't Van Halen Without David Lee Roth"....IMO, "It Ain't Van Halen Without Eddie Van Halen" as well.

It sure as fuck isn't Van Halen with Hagar or Cherone. Name brand motherfucker. Think classic Chevy Malibu v/s it's current form.

No respect? Get used to it. Embrace it.....

Shit, my bad.....you've already embraced it.

You're well on your way to recovery!

Bring Back Flappo!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Wasn't Eddie Van Halen the guitar player in Van Halen?

Whatever happened to that guy? Did he ever record anything again after Roth left?

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-30-2010 @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think it's funny when people's words come back to bite them.

Fans are supposed to support bands regardless of their looks"" or attitudes.
    And if I were a musician/celebrity, I would want 20-year-olds to know who I was and to feel passionate about my work. Better than people hitting their 60s which aren't going to be much of a market for sustaining and growing sales.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-24-2017 @ 11:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

well a simple question for all you EVH supporters, if he released a solo album w/ him playing guitar and no vocalists at all would you buy it? Cause I wouldn't even consider it. Say what you want but how could you say dave had a bad solo career, last I checked he has at least 4 songs that he'll always be remembered for (yankee rose, cali girls, gigalo, and just like paradise). How did brent michaels solo career go or tommy lee's or axl rose's or don dokken, or steve vai. There are not many lead singers who have had better solo careers, if so name them...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I know Kid Lauderdale has been lurking here at night lately. Maybe he finally found a new ali-ASS?

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

[B] I've heard a thousand diff. singers that sing better than roth, he didn't define the way rock singers go about singing...
    You're right. He did much more than that. He redefined what it meant to be a rock and roll frontman. What Eddie did for guitar is what Dave did for lead singers. He broke the mold and redefined the position.

Steve vai and eddie van halen are better at what they do than roth at what he does.
    Not an apples to apples comparison....so let's not even go there.

You all like roth because he got the girls and loved anything sexual and for the people that do actual listen to the singing he isn't the best singer in the world.
    I don't think you'll find many people on this site who disagree with you on that. Even the most diehard Roth fans know that he's not the world's most refined vocalist. That's not what it's about....fucktard.

Classic Van Halen was about a raw, take no prisoners, balls to the wall brand of rock whose very essence hung on the raw nature of Roth's vocal style blended with EVH's unbelievable guitar work.

Dave got his chocolate in Ed's peanut butter....and the world couldn't get enough of the delicious combination.

If you want pitch-perfect, refined singing....then log off here immediately and go directly to the nearest Andrea Boccelli forum.

I don't think you should stop listening I'd die if I had to stop, but if you're gonna call yourself a "fan" of van halen music, then quit naggin Eddie. It's getting frickin annoying that you have like no respect.
    Jackass.....people here have plenty of respect for Ed's talent and what he created with DLR 30 years ago. But it's become very easy in the last few years to get irritated by a man who gave half-assed performances in a tour that never should have happened.

Factor in that he and his brother were greedy whores with the "golden ring" tickets and the "backstage and soundcheck" packages at premium prices and you have a recipe for fan anger. Any "fan" who was stupid enough to pony up $500 or more for those mediocre performances has every right to be angry with the VH camp....and themselves for being so dumb.

And the sheer audacity to put out the "Best of Both Worlds" greatest hits package. It was "Greatest Hits Vol. 1" all over again with the exception of those incredibly forgettable 3 "new" songs that he cobbled together in his spare time to hook suckers like you into opening their wallets.

If you have a best friend for your whole life, then they go and ... have an affair with your girl or get in a fight with you or something, you don't just yell at them and never be friends again and find another friend. You remember what they did for you, and you tell them to pick up their act.
    Well...that just makes you a pussy. Any friend worth their salt would never even LOOK at your girl the wrong way....much less fuck her. Sorry dude....but any friend of mine that fucks my girl will be eating his next meal through an IV drip. When he gets out of the hospital he'd better find someone else to give him a ride home, because he now has one less friend.

AHHHHHH And you're all losers anyways this is a sad fanboy site I'm done posting, Just rethink that you're whole life up to this point amounts to you posting on a webpage everyday and following a crappy EX singer
    Thank God. Your arguments were weak...at best.

And please stop with the "you're all losers" because you post on a DLR fan forum. You signed up and logged on for a "hit and run".....so how bored are you that you have that kind of free time?

I'm sure that most of the people here could buy and sell someone like you on a daily basis, friend.

On a final note....shed no tears for Eddie Van Halen. Ed's life is what he makes of it. If you enjoy being scammed so Ed and his brother can line their pockets, then that's your prerogative. But don't hate the people who have zero tolerance for getting screwed.

Ed has repeatedly flipped off his fans for quite a few years now. He's fucked 'em in the ass without giving them the common courtesy of a reacharound.

Everyone has a choice to do what is right.....or what is easy. Ed has chosen to do what is easy, and it's hard to respect that.
    Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-15-2006 at 05:10 AM.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm done posting.
    About Fucking Time.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 856 Posts

Fans are supposed to support bands regardless of their looks or attitudes.

Bullshit.

I came here hoping to see a very PRO-Van Halen website...

Great idea...lmao...it's called the DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY for a reason...

It's disappointing that so many people diss Eddie Van Halen now, considering he is still the greatest rock guitarist.

Oh yeah, he's just fucking tearing it up these days...for the last ten years, he's been just the bestest guitarist ever...

Fuck, Dave Chandler could out solo him today...

I mean jesus christ he was in the smack middle of all the 80's rock! Created Eruption, started completely new trends of rock, and when he goes into public looking old ( BTW people he IS older now so get over it) you bomb him with as much as you can.

You're denying he looks like shit? Or it's OK for him to look like shit and tell the fans to fuck off on a consistant basis "since he was smack middle of all the '80's rock!"?

It just seems that for all the bashing you do on Sammy Hager for example, and all the defending you do for Dave, you are kinda being hypocrits by dissing the guy that made Van Halen what it is.

David made Van Halen what it is.

TO THIS DAY, he's 80% of the best things about it.

I know Roth fans beg to differ, but Van Halen went from late 70s to 90s... 2000 if you count the tour of failure...:-/....

Van Halen was a band between 1976 and 1985. That's it. Except for 1996, when they had a brief hurrah.

and Sammy took most the time so clearly dave wasn't the whole formula to Van halen.

BAAAAAAAAAAA

and neither was sammy , cause we all know if eddie dropped out of VH, they'd never be able to play half the songs they have with a different guitarist.

Why would they? They'd go on to other projects and other guitarists would play them just fine, it just wouldn't be called "Van Halen".

I'm just saying lay off the dude, no one knows if he's doin drugs or what

I do.

He is.

but it's called being a Rock Star.

I know...it's just that he's such a piece of shit when you compare him to a class act like David...

He worked hard to please you the fans,

So long as David was there to MAKE him work hard to please us, the fans.

and now when he takes his rest you don't give him any respect or thankfullness.

He doesn't deserve it. Nor does he deserve any fucking sympathy. So far as I'm concerned, he's made his bed and he can rot in it. If DLR/VH ever happens, I'll be there with bells on, but Ed, Al and Mike can CONTINUE to suck my wiener.

Let him be...

No.

Dave done his fair share of bad deeds, but it seems that since Eddie ended up without a radio show he doesn't deserve to be treated with respect you as fans owe him..

Eddie doesn't deserve any respect. He pissed away whatever he was owed, so far as I'm concerned.

No Eddie=No Van Halen= No Website for DLR.

Bullshit.

and if you deny that than you truly are blind.

If you believe that, you truly are going BAAAA BAAA BAAA BAAAA.

Take a look at this from a neutral standpoint between van halen-eddie-sammy-roth-etc. Without Eddie it is all nothing.

Again, bullshit. To mainstream America (and let's face it, worldwide), Van Halen is that blonde singer...uh....David whatshisname...

Oh yeah David Lee Roth IS way better than Sammy , Sammy got a rock voice,

Sammy got NO voice.

but I've seen live Roth and Sammy, and Roth is a crowd pleaser 200% ,

Smartest thing you've said yet.

so don't smash me on my singer preference cuz that's it.

BAAAAA by a different color is still BAAAAAA.

Welcome to the pit.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm done posting
    no, you are just done!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Man, I gotta get up to Main more...I didn't know there was so much sheep shit to clean up here...

Wow...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bueno bob
    Man, I gotta get up to Main more...I didn't know there was so much sheep shit to clean up here...

Wow...
    damn right...do your fucking job!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh soo cute how you guys are STILL Roth's B*tches now,

You can say it - BITCHES.

he hasn't created anything since he got the boot from Van Halen, you tell me to move on?

Ahh, you missed the solo albums of grate quality...I feel sorry for you, drowning in your synth-pop OU8Bullshit2....

AHA I laugh at your stupidity,

That's nice.

he's dying out there and you all know it, I mean come on, like his radio show will last give me a break.

You should read some of the older posts here about that topic...might actually open your sleep-stuck eyes.

He's sitting on normal money now, Ed's still in the high money he got for being good.

Oh please. You fooling yourself with that?

Heheheheh.

Dave's talents lied within his ability to look good , and use sexual innuendo in his dance.

You bet your ass, babay...

He had mediocre singing at best,

Don't think he ever claimed to be the world's gratest singer.

But he DID claim to be a better vocalist for VH than Sammy was - which was true - and a better lyricist - which was also true - and a better frontman - which was, finally, true.

you losers are what, 20s to 40s?

Give or take.

and STILL worshipping him

That man is BAD ASS, I say...

dang ever heard of maturing ?

How 'bout you, shithead? Why are you listening to an old washed up band like Van Halen?

Pot to kettle, hmm?

lol

excuse me while I go be a fat man worshipping a washed up rock singer to make myself feel like I'm part of something...

Why, is it 5150 time somewhere?
    Ass hat gets ownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned...........

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've heard a thousand diff. singers that sing better than roth,

As have I, but very very few of them are even in the same room with him when it comes to being a frontman.

he didn't define the way rock singers go about singing...

No, but he certainly gave people a new image to emulate.

and add to that there are tons of interviews where dave says I got kicked and van halen said he left,

Nobody still knows the truth of that, although I'm sure you'll swallow whatever somebody tells you Eddie said...

so the fact is he left and van halen still did good.

You think so, hunh? Yup..."Feels So Good" stands right up there with "Everybody Wants Some"...yeah, Van Hagar did JUST FINE...

Steve vai and eddie van halen are better at what they do than roth at what he does.

An orange tastes more like an orange than an apple does!

You all like roth because he got the girls and loved anything sexual and for the people that do actual listen to the singing he isn't the best singer in the world .

Um.......whatever. Please try to be coherent.

I don't think you should stop listening I'd die if I had to stop,

You could find out, let us know.

but if you're gonna call yourself a "fan" of van halen music, then quit naggin Eddie.

Why, because you told me to?

Um, no.

It's getting frickin annoying that you have like no respect.

Like, really! Like, omg, how annoying we are! Like, have you like met Lindsay Lohan yet?

If you have a best friend for your whole life, then they go and ... have an affair with your girl or get in a fight with you or something, you don't just yell at them and never be friends again

Yes you do.

and find another friend. You remember what they did for you, and you tell them to pick up their act.

That's how you (and gay people) handle it, I'm sure.

AHHHHHH And you're all losers anyways this is a sad fanboy site

But don't forget the PRON!

I'm done posting,

And you've accomplished WHAT?

Just rethink that you're whole life up to this point amounts to you posting on a webpage everyday and following a crappy EX singer

You're gay.
    Heheheh...you're not very good at this, are you?

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    damn right...do your fucking job!!!
    I GOT 'ER DID, DUDE!

Army Bartender