Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What's the fucking point General Nuisance? Ancient fucking history that most of us had already read... Frankly if you want to torment a Bboard neighborhood, I would suggest you go learn from some masters... head over to Links and look up posts by Hitch and Ford and watch some masters at work. First thing is you gotta get some style Capt Coconut with flair, develop your own terminology that the mere mention of a single word or phrase puts you on notice for possible banning. Do this and you'll be much more effective in your crusade... trust me...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Holy fuck General Herpes sure has a lot to say doesn't he? He posts after posts about how shitty daves performance was. purposely looking and copying/pasting everything that he can that is pro Sam. Gee whiz he's smart eh? I wonder how hard it would be to copy and paste everything pro Roth? Jesus Christ son are you trying to impress us with what you believe is a great media blitz regarding Sam Hagar from the last two years? eesh... Try finding something on Sammy that happened pre-VH. Good luck. Name 2 songs from Montrose. Go ahead. Tell me something you little stinky turd, why is it that you pour your heart and soul into bashing Dave at his Army? Has the newest Pokemon game not arrived on your shelves yet? I dont hate Sam. I hate what Sam has done with my fav. band. VH could've stood the test of rock n roll time. But sam turned into some gay version of Journey. (and sorry but Journey is gay enough without sam's help)
      But you Gen Herpes and LSD scare nobody around the Army. You think because nobody was replying to your posts you were scaring us away? Nah...Just bored to tears and looked for something original. And we are still waiting for a good, quality excuse as to why you think Sam is better at rock n roll than Dave. Not what some freelance critics say. Not what some unknown internet geeks say. Just the truth. Plain and simple. There is no truth to what you post. What you post is convenient for you and your belief. We stopped caring about what you and LSD think along time ago. At this point were just amused at how often you post about sam in the Dave Army. Sad really. But understandable since Sam doesn't have a forum of his own.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Ok asshole since you've got a boner for reviews. My turn...let them pour. anybody else wanna join in? If not no sweat. I will be your craszy ass mofo.
        here goes. READ CAREFULY.
        David Lee Roth - Westbury Music Fair
        June 2003

Review by Keith McDonald

As I strolled into a sold-out Westbury Music Fair in Westbury, NY, I realized that most of the crowd there were in their late 20's to early 30's, if not older. It hit me that Van Halen has been around for quite some time now. Since their debut in 1978, Van Halen has been a huge influence on rock 'n' roll (and metal). As we wait to see what move Eddie and Alex make in the pursuit of their vacant singer slot, fans alike of both Halen eras are left with seeing either Dave or Sammy perform solo. After Sam and Dave teamed up last summer, Dave has elected to go out on his own this summer as he promotes his new album 'Diamond Dave'.

Dave and his band hit the stage with a reckless abandon opening the show with 'Hot For Teacher' and quickly following up with 'Mean Street'. Just as you thought it was going to be all Van Halen classics, Dave surprised all with Skyscraper's 'Just Like Paradise'. The last time I had seen Dave on Long Island, back in '99, he did all the classics with just two solo hits, 'Yankee Rose' and 'Tabacco Road', which to much of my surprise were not on this night's set list. He added 'California Girls', 'Just A Gigolo' and a new song from his forthcoming album that sounded nothing like anything that Dave has done before.

Dave supplied the usual high energy that only Diamond Dave can deliver, talking to the crowd and the pretty ladies that we have grown to miss so much from today's bands. A lot of frontmen can learn much from Dave on how to put together a great show. It's not always about great songs, but about giving people a good time, a little bang for their buck. The real surprises were some of the obscure songs that we haven't heard at a Dave show, most notably 'D.O.A.' and 'Pretty Women'. As I watch the show go a long I noticed that Dave and the band wasted little time as they just pumped out song after song. Dave may never rejoin Van Halen, but I know I can always get a great show when he comes to town with his solo band.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

#2 (too Easy)
          THE DAVID LEE ROTH BAND
          From his signature martial arts inspired high kicks, sexual inudendo, and classic Roth schooled one-liners ala “You’re the kind of girl I’d give my name to. Well, not my real name” to new moves like the baton twirling finale, this performance was a welcome reminder that “Diamond” Dave is one of the greatest showmen to ever live.

David Lee Roth took the stage with Van Halen’s classic “Hot For Teacher,” showing his age from his frown line to his hairline, yet still clearly illustrating that he’s young at heart and that he is dedicated to keeping his mind, body, and voice in top condition. Looking much more comfortable than he’d been at the tour debut in Cleveland, Roth gave the audience a jolt of adrenaline and tore through countless early Van Halen classics, as well as his signature solo salute, “Yankee Rose.”

His band included bassist James Lamenzo from White Lion and (Zakk Wylde’s) Pride & Glory; guitarist Brian Young from the Atomic Punks early Van Halen tribute band; and drummer Ray Luzier, who coincidentally also performs in the Metal Shop spoof band also featuring Young’s Atomic Punks replacement Russ Parrish and Punks vocalist Ralph Saenz. He’s played with Roth for years now, but perhaps you know him best as the drummer from Danger Kitty from the Discover Card “Love Rocket” Commercial.

Without a doubt stealing the show with a set list that read like a greatest hits (and more hits) album, Roth and band enthusiastically pulled out sing-along classic after classic. These included “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love,” “Panama,” “Mean Street,” “Unchained,” “Runnin’ With the Devil,” and “Jump,” just to name a few. And of course, Roth would not let us forget the Van Halen preached simple pleasures in life with songs like “Dance The Night Away,” “Beautiful Girls,” “So This Is Love?” and “Little Dreamer.”

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

David Lee Roth Set List Tweeter center

1. Hot for Teacher
            2. Panama
            3. Cradle Will Rock
            4. Mean Streets
            5. Dance the Night Away
            6. Runnin with the Devil
            7. I'm the One
            8. You Really Got Me
            9. Beautiful Girls
            10. So This Is Love
            11. On Fire
            12. Little Dreamer
            13. D.O.A.
            14. Yankee Rose
            15. Ice Cream Man
            16. Everybody Wants Some
            17. Aint Talkin Bout Love

ENCORE
            18. Jump

Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants it is time for the fight of the century. Fighting out of the blue corner, wearing the purple and black spandex, one of the greatest frontmen in the history of Rock music, please welcome Diamond David Leeeeeee Roth. And his opponent fighting out of the red corner, wearing the yellow jam shorts and hawaiin shirt, the Red Rocker, Saaammmmyyy Haaagaaarrr.

So its time for round one, Diamond David Lee Roth. Having seen DLR for the first time last November, I had an idea what to expect. A couple "cheesy" kicks, a hit-or-miss voice using the same lines that I hear on the old school Van Halen bootlegs and a lot of spandex…strike that, a plethora of spandex. Well I was right on some accounts but wrong on others.

The drums signal the start of the show as DLR walks in with "Hot for Teacher" roaring behind him. I aint gonna lie, the place went fucking nuts. Sticking mostly to a set of his classic Van Halen era songs, DLR really cannot go wrong. Unless his voice was truly awful, you cannot ruin those amazing songs.

"Panama," "Dance the Night Away," "Runnin' with the Devil," and "I'm the One" had mostly everyone on their feet and going crazy. Then a snag, the guitar solo of Brian Young. While an unbelievable guitar display it was, it just started off wrong with the same intro the Van Halen boys gave to "Eruption." That was the first taste of the boo birds during the night. And no, I know it wasn't "Eruption" but still just left a bad taste in my mouth. Young is a killer guitar player and the "Eruption"-style intro was just unnecessary. It over shadowed Young's solo, at least for me. That bad taste was gone with the transition into "You Really Got Me." By the middle of the set, it seemed that DLR was maintaining his voice and not losing a beat, like I think he did when I saw him in November. DLR sounded great tonight.

Surprisingly, the first time DLR really talked to the crowd was before "So This is Love." With a great story about how he was the one who would go to all the big shows and flyer cars to get people to come see Van Halen, leading right into the night he went and saw a Bob Marley show and said to himself, "Someday I am gonna smoke a fatty that big." And I am sure I ruined that quote but no way can I top DLR's delivery on it. The crowd was eating it up.

As the set went on though, the intensity died on the lawn area. People began to sit down, most likely from the heat, but some seemed like they had had enough of the Diamond one. But with a set list full of classics, everyone was back on their feet for the closers of "Ice Cream Man," "Everybody Wants Some," and "Ain't Talkin Bout Love." With the crowd at a fever pitch, DLR came back on the stage for his last number of the night, "Jump" which included his split from the drum riser.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

David Lee Roth is a man on a mission - a man driven to living the excesses of a rock and roll lifestyle.

David Lee Roth - UK Tour

It's not our normal style to actively promote tours, but once in a while artists or bands really deserve honorable mention in VF despatches. David Lee Roth is one such! Rock and Roll needs more men like this - men who are prepared to stand up and do the whole Glam, OTT, head-banger, rock-thang; men who flaunt notoriety with nude table dancers on their tour riders; men who basically live the life that they really want, both on and off-stage. what Roth brings to the party is more than just show and tell though. Underpinning the package is a raw talent. In a TV interview a few years back he put out a challenge to all of his contemporaries - 'If you can't stand up on a stage on your own with an old battered acoustic guitar and single microphone attached to a half-busted PA then what are you doing in the music business in the first place!' - (or words to that effect).
              Since his split from Van Halen, DLR has ploughed a furrow straight through the heart of rock history. His presence may have waned slightly over the last few years, but his songs remain as siren calls to anyone who sincerely believes that there is always a party going on somewhere! Sometimes camp, but always in tune with basic emotions, David Lee Roth deserves your presence...but you deserve him?

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Yankee Roth
                (9.16.02)

Editor's Note: I just had to jump in here, as the writer of the following is solely responsible for getting me into Roth and Halen! I never liked the band growin' up -- esp. Roth. I thought his persona was a bit much. Then via Mike's teachings (around 1997), I've realized that David Lee Roth is universal rock treasure, a true star. I now dig early VH, and love much of Dave's solo stuff (don't be afraid; check it out -- there are great riffs and lyrics galore, and great spirit). He may have tried different things to varying degrees of success which tarnished his star (but I'll argue that projects like the Vegas stint were artiistically, if not copmmercially successful) but in 2002 the star shines brightly, and should radiate even more. With Van Halen? Nah. That be cool, yes, and Roth really seems to need that kind of vindication, but since all signs point to a rekindled creative spirit, Dave should venture out into other areas of the rock and entertainment worlds. For example, he could certainly direct videos, while still putting out music (the 1998 DLR Band album smokes) and tour.

To put it bluntly, to hell with Van Halen. Roth really doesn't need them. We as rock fans may need it, and Dave's desires for a reunion may be in recognition of that fact. But, whatever happens, happens. One thing is for certain: David Lee Roth is valid here and now, and Sammy Hagar is a bland, dull, run-of-the-mill, corny, unintelligent tequila worm who has been living in fear and jealousy over the greatness of Diamond Dave for years. Now I'm gonna let Mike further prove it.

Roth Still Rules; Sissy Sammy Never Had a Chance

Report and photos by Mike Casale

What do you get when you take David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, a neglected Van Halen fan-base and a concert tour attempting to unite all three? From what I've seen, more fighting over which frontman was better for Van Halen! Go ahead and laugh, but this is actually important to me. Having attended four different performances on this tour (keep laughing), I return with the following opinion: Roth rules! David Lee Roth continues to wave the flag for both the spirit of Van Halen and rock and roll, while Hagar waves a flag advertising his own brand of tequila.

I'm being a little harsh, but I am more than a little pissed off at tequila-boy and his recent disparaging public comments towards Roth and his talent. That nasty bitch! It would be one thing if he simply favored his own songs to David Lee's music. But the verbal propaganda being wielded against Roth's abilities these days is just not true. Whatever. I'm just glad Dave is not on stage screaming about his inability to obey the speed limit. (Editor: or relaying sports scores, having to hide flab in team jerseys or wearing his hair like scrambled eggs)

Roth classy, Hagar crassy

In stark contrast to Hagar's "blue collar Friday night out" showcase, Roth and his band are taking the Ramones approach to their live show, albeit with a little more flash. In an hour-and-a-half set, they perform one song after another for a total of almost 20 of his timeless Van Halen-era classics. Nostalgic? Absolutely! The original VH frontman knows what his audience wants, and he gives it to 'em: hits like "Hot For Teacher," "Panama," "Dance the Night Away," "Runnin' with the Devil," and "Jump" alongside lesser-heard fan favorites "And the Cradle Will Rock," and "Mean Street." Plus, he's still got the scream! Add a leaping kick here, some dance moves there, some martial arts stylings and funny stories and it's vintage Diamond Dave! Hell, I'll buy the t-shirt. So will Eddie Van Halen if he's smart.

How to kill a legendary rock band in two easy misteps

Eddie's musical presence loomed large during these concerts, though the guitarist was nowhere to be found. Van Halen the band has been at a standstill for a long time. I'm tempted to say it's been 17 years, but then I'd be accused of being biased. Instead, I'll just say that this time frame actually marks when they lost their balls.

The revamped and castrated quartet remained active until about 4 years ago in the wake of their only commercial disaster without either Roth or Hagar. In that unusually quiet time period, reforming the band with one of it's two former frontmen has been widely rumored. This Roth/Hagar tour may secretly be an audition for center stage in the group. If this is the case, there's only one way to rock for Van Halen. Sorry, Sam. It's not with songs like "Dreams."

The debate will continue regardless of what I say or anyone else says, but this tour has shown that the legend of Van Halen's original line-up has grown in stature over the years, eclipsing anything else they've done since 1984. It is widely recognized in fan circles, and many have wanted a reunion for years, all of which seems to incense Eddie. I guess I'd be pissed off too if my band had no balls for almost two decades. Meanwhile, Dave is out there showing America night after night that Ed had them at one time, and he can thank the singer later. Only after he joins DLR in living up to the legend.
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• rikredbrain
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

oh for fucks sake..... this is stupid.. the roth/sam tour was a cynical marketing ploy that fell on its ass.. ROth was off form yes.. but so what...... is sammy better?... as far as im concerned NO.. but like it or not some people like sammy.... (some people also like parsnip...the sammy of the vegetable world) why post roth bashing shit on this forum?.... oh i see to piss off the roth fans... well for some of us it dont work we are secure in what we like.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

and if that wasn't enough proof for ya Sam is a flamer of all flaming homo's. Just look at some lyrics..

SO WHEN YOU SENSE A CHANGE
                    NOTHING FEELS THE SAME
                    ALL YOUR DREAMS ARE STRANGE,
                    LOVE COMES WALKIN' IN
                    SOME KIND OF ALIEN
                    WAITS FOR THE OPENING
                    THEN SIMPLY PULLS A STRING

fuckin' doesn't even make any sense.

Comment

• azcrdnal
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

god damm big troubles great fucking post shit.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

WORLD TURNS BLACK AND WHITE
                        PICTURES IN AN EMPTY ROOM
                        YOUR LOVE STARTS FALLIN DOWN
                        BETTER CHANGE YOUR TUNE
                        REACH FOR THE GOLDEN RING
                        REACH FOR THE SKY
                        BABY JUST SPREAD YOUR WINGS

WE'LL GET HIGHER AND HIGHER
                        STRAIGHT UP WE'LL CLIMB
                        WE'LL GET HIGHER AND HIGHER
                        LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND

RUN, RUN, RUN AWAY
                        LIKE A TRAIN RUNNIN OFF THE TRACK
                        THE TRUTH GETS LEFT BEHIND
                        AND FALLS BETWEEN THE CRACKS
                        STANDING ON BROKEN DREAMS
                        BUT NEVER LOSIN SIGHT
                        SPREAD YOUR WINGS

anybody make any sense of this shit???????? Thought not. well I guess Im done now. Maybe Gen herpes and LSD will go Where Eagles Fly...Or Die...Whatever...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

yeah Ive made my point. all of this shit was directed at the one with the small dick in his hand...No Elvis not you...go back to masterbating...and No Phoenix not you...Your penis is fine at that size. Some women like it tiny. They think its cute. Im referring to LSD and Herpes.

I dont wanna play no more. No need. Ive got my speed.

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rikredbrain
                            oh for fucks sake..... this is stupid.. the roth/sam tour was a cynical marketing ploy that fell on its ass.. ROth was off form yes.. but so what...... is sammy better?... as far as im concerned NO.. but like it or not some people like sammy.... (some people also like parsnip...the sammy of the vegetable world) why post roth bashing shit on this forum?.... oh i see to piss off the roth fans... well for some of us it dont work we are secure in what we like.
                            Big Troubles is not secure he takes the bait everytime and gets PISSED. And when he's pissed my job is done.

Over and Out,
                            General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                              Holy fuck General Herpes sure has a lot to say doesn't he? He posts after posts about how shitty daves performance was. purposely looking and copying/pasting everything that he can that is pro Sam. Gee whiz he's smart eh? I wonder how hard it would be to copy and paste everything pro Roth? Jesus Christ son are you trying to impress us with what you believe is a great media blitz regarding Sam Hagar from the last two years? eesh... Try finding something on Sammy that happened pre-VH. Good luck. Name 2 songs from Montrose. Go ahead. Tell me something you little stinky turd, why is it that you pour your heart and soul into bashing Dave at his Army? Has the newest Pokemon game not arrived on your shelves yet? I dont hate Sam. I hate what Sam has done with my fav. band. VH could've stood the test of rock n roll time. But sam turned into some gay version of Journey. (and sorry but Journey is gay enough without sam's help)
                              But you Gen Herpes and LSD scare nobody around the Army. You think because nobody was replying to your posts you were scaring us away? Nah...Just bored to tears and looked for something original. And we are still waiting for a good, quality excuse as to why you think Sam is better at rock n roll than Dave. Not what some freelance critics say. Not what some unknown internet geeks say. Just the truth. Plain and simple. There is no truth to what you post. What you post is convenient for you and your belief. We stopped caring about what you and LSD think along time ago. At this point were just amused at how often you post about sam in the Dave Army. Sad really. But understandable since Sam doesn't have a forum of his own.
                              Why would you attach that gay image of bald Roth in a pink jump suit??? I thought you liked Dave.

Over and Out,
                              General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                                Ok asshole since you've got a boner for reviews. My turn...let them pour. anybody else wanna join in? If not no sweat. I will be your craszy ass mofo.
                                here goes. READ CAREFULY.
                                David Lee Roth - Westbury Music Fair
                                June 2003

Review by Keith McDonald

As I strolled into a sold-out Westbury Music Fair in Westbury, NY, I realized that most of the crowd there were in their late 20's to early 30's, if not older. It hit me that Van Halen has been around for quite some time now. Since their debut in 1978, Van Halen has been a huge influence on rock 'n' roll (and metal). As we wait to see what move Eddie and Alex make in the pursuit of their vacant singer slot, fans alike of both Halen eras are left with seeing either Dave or Sammy perform solo. After Sam and Dave teamed up last summer, Dave has elected to go out on his own this summer as he promotes his new album 'Diamond Dave'.

Dave and his band hit the stage with a reckless abandon opening the show with 'Hot For Teacher' and quickly following up with 'Mean Street'. Just as you thought it was going to be all Van Halen classics, Dave surprised all with Skyscraper's 'Just Like Paradise'. The last time I had seen Dave on Long Island, back in '99, he did all the classics with just two solo hits, 'Yankee Rose' and 'Tabacco Road', which to much of my surprise were not on this night's set list. He added 'California Girls', 'Just A Gigolo' and a new song from his forthcoming album that sounded nothing like anything that Dave has done before.

Dave supplied the usual high energy that only Diamond Dave can deliver, talking to the crowd and the pretty ladies that we have grown to miss so much from today's bands. A lot of frontmen can learn much from Dave on how to put together a great show. It's not always about great songs, but about giving people a good time, a little bang for their buck. The real surprises were some of the obscure songs that we haven't heard at a Dave show, most notably 'D.O.A.' and 'Pretty Women'. As I watch the show go a long I noticed that Dave and the band wasted little time as they just pumped out song after song. Dave may never rejoin Van Halen, but I know I can always get a great show when he comes to town with his solo band.
                                Yes when Dave is performing solo he obviously looks the best BUT when Sammy is on the bill DLR looks tired and lame. Your post proves nothing except on that night Dave had no competition and he easily won the battle with himself.

Over and Out,
                                General Hina

Comment

Working...