Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Chicks are back, and "Not Ready to Make Nice" with Busheep!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exclamation Dixie Chicks are back, and "Not Ready to Make Nice" with Busheep!

Here's a sample of the lyrics.....

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
    With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
    It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
    Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
    And how in the world can the words that I said
    Send somebody so over the edge
    That they’d write me a letter
    Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
    Or my life will be over

I’m not ready to make nice
    I’m not ready to back down
    I’m still mad as hell and
    I don’t have time to go round and round and round
    It’s too late to make it right
    I probably wouldn’t if I could
    ‘Cause I’m mad as hell
    Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

To read the rest, and hear the song, click here

YEEEEHAAAAW!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DIXIE CHICKS SLATED TO RELEASE
    HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED FOURTH ALBUM
    TAKING THE LONG WAY
    ON MAY 23, 2006

All Fourteen Tracks Co-Written by the Dixie Chicks
    and Produced by Rick Rubin

New York, NY – March 10, 2006 – Superstars, renegades, innovators, heroes, villains, and moms - over almost a decade, the Dixie Chicks have grown from a band into a phenomenon. Now more than ever, the eyes of the world are on them, and with TAKING THE LONG WAY, they come out swinging, surpassing the pressures and expectations history has placed upon them. The nine time Grammy-Award winning Sony Recording artists will release this highly-anticipated fourth album (Open Wide/Columbia/Sony BMG) on May 23, 2006.

With TAKING THE LONG WAY, one of the most anticipated albums in recent years, the Dixie Chicks are putting themselves out there like never before. For the first time, every one of the disc's fourteen songs are co-written by the Chicks themselves, exploring themes both deeply private and resoundingly political. Collaborating with legendary producer Rick Rubin (who has worked with everyone from Johnny Cash to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, from Run DMC to Neil Diamond), the biggest-selling female band in history has truly pushed themselves to new heights both as writers and as performers.

"Everything felt more personal this time," says Natalie Maines. "I go back to songs we've done in the past and there's just more maturity, depth, intelligence on these. They just feel more grown-up."

Rubin assembled a band including Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, session hero Larry Knechtel, and Heartbreakers Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell, and matched the Chicks with co-writers including Dan Wilson (who wound up collaborating on six of TAKING THE LONG WAY's songs), Pete Yorn, and Gary Louris of the Jayhawks.

Inspired by such classic rock artists as the Eagles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and the Mamas and the Papas, TAKING THE LONG WAY adds a sweeping, Southern California vibe to the Chicks' down-home intimacy. That ambition is matched with lyrics addressing everything from small-town narrow-mindedness ("Lubbock or Leave It") to the psychology of celebrity ("Everybody Knows").

Not just "big for a country band" or "big for a big female band," the Dixie Chicks are a multi-platinum selling act in North America, Europe and Australia as well as one of a mere handful of acts with multiple albums achieving "diamond" status (meaning sales over 10 million copies) - both WIDE OPEN SPACES (1998) and FLY (1999) hit that stratospheric landmark - and have won nine Grammy awards. Their on-stage reputation has helped them sell over $100 million worth of concert tickets, and outspoken songs like "Goodbye, Earl" made it clear that this power trio played by nobody's rules.

And that was all before Natalie Maines's comments about a fellow Texan, President George W. Bush, during a London appearance in March, 2003 really put the Dixie Chicks in the headlines. The resultant uproar - complete with boycotts and death threats - is the focus of TAKING THE LONG WAY's defiant first track, "Not Ready to Make Nice." "The stakes were definitely higher on that song," says Robison. "We knew it was special because it was so autobiographical, and we had to get it right. And once we had that song done, it freed us up to do the rest of the album without that burden."

The results cover an impressive range of territory. "Silent House" examines the emotions that come from watching an older relative struggle with Alzheimer's. "It's So Hard When It Doesn't Come Easy" addresses infertility, an issue that both Robison and Maguire have faced. The Chicks debuted the gospel-inflected "I Hope," co-written with Keb' Mo, during last year's telethon benefiting the victims of Hurricane Katrina; the album version features a blistering guitar solo by John Mayer.

"This album was total therapy," says Natalie Maines. "I'm way more at peace now. Writing these songs and saying everything we had to say makes it possible to move on."

Details are forthcoming on a worldwide Dixie Chicks concert tour that will kick-off this summer.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD....please.

Are you a country music fan.....or just a fan of any musician(s) who hate Bush?

I'm no fan of George W. myself (nor a fan of country music), but Natalie Maines is a hypocritical cunt who needs work on her internal edit button.

She likes to slam Toby Keith and claim that some of his music is just jingoistic drivel that makes country music look "ignorant." She fancies herself to be a high-class, "worldly" country singer.

I guess she forgets her little diddy about killing a guy named "Earl" and stuffing him in the trunk of a car.

This isn't about her rebellion, or her freedom of speech. It's about stirring the publicity pot because her talentless little trio has been largely ignored for the past two years.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by fryingdutchman
    FORD....please.

I'm no fan of George W. myself (nor a fan of country music), but Natalie Maines is a hypocritical cunt who needs work on her internal edit button.

She likes to slam Toby Keith and claim that some of his music is just jingoistic drivel that makes country music look "ignorant." She fancies herself to be a high-class, "worldly" country singer.

I guess she forgets her little diddy about killing a guy named "Earl" and stuffing him in the trunk of a car.

This isn't about her rebellion, or her freedom of speech. It's about stirring the publicity pot because her talentless little trio has been largely ignored for the past two years.
    It's fucking ridiculous to be virtually banned from the airwaves for speaking out against the president. The actions of country stations around the country only helped perpetuate the "us against them" mentality that Bush has fostered since he took office.
    As for Toby Keith, he's just an opportunist, claiming to be a Democrat as he drinks wine at the White House with Dubya. Favorite quote from Keith: "My daddy used to say 'we don't have enough money to be Republicans.' Well, I DO have enough money". A classic Bush Republican.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/12061704
    Last edited by blueturk; 03-27-2006 at 07:21 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Defending Natalie Maines using the roundabout way, blue?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, those Dixie Chicks are so tough and scary. All dressed in black. I am shaking in my boots. And those lyrics, gosh!!!! If they come to my town, I will just hide under the bed, till their show is over.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD....please.

I never like da Dixie Chickiess until they hated Bush.

I still don't listen t2o da Dixie Chickies music.

"Earl", cowboy, hillbilly drive by shooting song, and where t2o stuff da body. Typical song.

I cun't wait f4or their Sperm Donar song!

Add to Ignore list

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Defending Natalie Maines using the roundabout way, blue?
    If that wasn't direct enough for you, how's this:

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right. Oh yeah, and fuck Toby Keith.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by blueturk

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right. Oh yeah, and fuck Toby Keith.
    Yeah, they were really blacklisted. #1 albums and #1 tours...

They were really punished.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, they were really blacklisted. #1 albums and #1 tours...

They were really punished.
    There were still a lot of stations that refused to play them and, I could be wrong but, a few that publicly smashed their albums in Naziesque ceremonies of allegiance to fearless cheerLEADER...

Again, politicians can co-opt messages in pop music to give fodder to the masses and get their uber-patriotic messages through, but no one can form an anti-establishment opinion as a musician?

BTW, has anyone ever panned that half-assed drivel "Proud To Be An American" by that no name pedestrian opportunist Mark-whoever-he-is (and get a cheap and easy hit --even though the tune sucks)...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-27-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD....please.

EXACTLY. If you think that three blonde musicians from down south are going to cause any major stirrings in a) the White House war room, or b) any "retardlicans" living room, than you're even more deranged than previously suspected.
    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dingleberries and all
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    There were still a lot of stations that refused to play them and, I could be wrong but, a few that publicly smashed their albums in Naziesque ceremonies of allegiance to fearless cheerLEADER...

In fairness, how is that any different from the way you guys are constantly bashing Ann Coulter or, say, Brit Hume? You rarely if ever talk about her politics, you only ever seem to bring up that she has a grotesquely obvious adam's apple.

I mean, really, people express their freedom of expression by destroying a couple of albums (and who really gives a shit???), and you call them Nazis, when really no one put a gun to their heads to incinerate the albuims...they did it by CHOICE. And that's AMERICAN.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Business decisions are a bitch in the real world, huh? When you're a station in an area predominantly listened to by Bush supporters, you give the people what they want....not to have the offender's music played. Nobody was banned anywhere.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    In fairness, how is that any different from the way you guys are constantly bashing Ann Coulter or, say, Brit Hume? You rarely if ever talk about her politics, you only ever seem to bring up that she has a grotesquely obvious adam's apple.

I mean, really, people express their freedom of expression by destroying a couple of albums (and who really gives a shit???), and you call them Nazis, when really no one put a gun to their heads to incinerate the albuims...they did it by CHOICE. And that's AMERICAN.
    Firstly, I don't bring up Ann Coulter, other people do... And who the hell even remembers Brit HUME? I think he's on FOX now, right?

And in her extended diatribes that are mostly factually inaccurate, Coulter has made some rather ridiculous racist statements regarding Muslims, Democrats, whatever as monolithic groups rather than on a case by case basis, judging a whole group by the actions of a relative few individuals (kind of like the Germans did the, oh, Jews during WWII). If I remember correctly, the CHICKs made ONE statement about A President, not about Republicans in general, and and some attempted to ban from making a living, corporate reactionaries with known ties to the current government (i.e. Clear Channel)...

Freedom of speech is opposing someone using words, not banning and blacklisting them. THAT IS NAZIESQUE! And I didn't call them "Nazis," I merely said their actions bore some key resemblances to them --which are baby steps to fascism. And I've also said that it's bullshit that Hollywood liberals would attempt to blacklist Republican actors (aka Bruce Willis, whom I like)...

Ann Coulter still gets invited to speak at colleges...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Business decisions are a bitch in the real world, huh? When you're a station in an area predominantly listened to by Bush supporters, you give the people what they want....not to have the offender's music played. Nobody was banned anywhere.
    God, are you really this much of a hypocrtical stupid bitch?

The first to cry and moan about "FORD's censorship,"but anyone that disagrees with him is an "offender" now???

They were taken off the play list, which is banning, due to political affiliations and statements. If trailer park fuckwits don't want to hear them, then they can change the station or put on some Box Car Willie tapes...

These were the same hicks that pitched a fork in their overalls the minute the heard the Dixie Chicks song previously... The Chick's music, from what I've heard, was apolitical...

This is a public service announcement
    With guitar
    Know your rights all 3 of them
    I say
    Number 1: You have the right not to be killed
    Murder is a CRIME!
    Unless it was done by a
    Policeman or aristocrat
    Number 2: You have the right to food money
    Providing of course you
    Don't mind a little
    Humiliation, investigation
    And if you cross your fingers
    Rehabilitation
    Wang! Young offenders! Know your rights
    Number 3: You have the right to freeeee
    Speech as long as you're not
    Dumb enough to actually try it.

Know your rights
    These are your rights
    All 3 of 'em
    It has been suggested
    In some quarters that this is not enough!
    Well..............................
    Get off the streets
    Get off the streets
    Run
    You don't have a home to go to
    Smush
    Finally then I will readd you your rights
    You have the right to remain silent
    You are warned that anything you say
    Can and will be taken down
    And used as evidence against you
    Listen to this
    Run
    --The Clash
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-27-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was never a fan of their music to begin with so the whole blacklisted thing was wasted on me.
    I don't give a crap what she says about anything, she has the right to do so.
    But if other people chose not to support them based on their politics, hey, that's their right as well.

Maybe if celebrities stuck to doing their jobs and didn't try to use their position to influence others, things would be a whole lot more peaceful for them.

I do have to give them credit for one thing though, they didn't back down and that is TOTALLY American, baby, lol.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    P.S. I'd totally sex up those sisters, i'd throw a bon bon out into the yard to keep Natalie's fat ass occupied though.

Without makeup she is a complete dog, really...but the sisters?

They look great in their genes, lmmfao.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Natalie looks like she's lost weight...

I'm not a fan of "new" country, and never liked their music all that much. But I'd make them all preggers, like the really hot one was a while back...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who gives a fuck about the Dixie Chicks...

and who gives a fuck about who plays them and who doesn't...

If I'm a Jewish backed station...I don't play Christian music...

so fucking ban away...

and it won't stop the Dixie Hags from making money...

those CD that are getting smashed...are getting bought first...

freedoms don't just include speach...but choosing to listen as well...

so who gives a fuck...really...

Everybody has an opinion...and if they want to lace their music with it...good for them...it's why our country is as good as it is...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

In touch w/ feminine side
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard
    Status
    I like their bluegrass influence. I have listened to their music and I must confess to liking some of it.

That being said, I still think they are a bunch of whiney bitches. Would I refrain from buying their album? Probably not if I like the music enough.

The problem I have sometimes is that I love certain musicians and bands but hate their politics. Where does a person draw the line? I normally just choose to enjoy the music and ignore the message.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD....please.

I like some country music. Mostly the old school like Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson. Prefer Hank Sr to Bocephus. Thought Garth Brooks was the greatest live act of the 1990's. And yes, I like the Dixie Chicks too.

Why? She said she was ashamed to be from the same state as the Chimp. It wasn't a popular opinion in Texas at the time, but with Junior's popularity now down in the low 30's, there's probably a lot of Texans who now are saying the same thing. Hell, I'm ashamed to be from the same state as Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer. I'm ashamed that my former late senator Scoop Jackson once employed some of the PNAC bastards that are destroying this country. Good thing I don't sing country, I guess.

I guess you forgot that Earl was a wife beating piece of shit. I thought the song was hilarious myself, but then I'm often accused of having a dark sense of humor.

Talentless? No, in recent years, there have been certain little Freeper Sluts who can't sing a note live to save their soul. And when their first live appearance is on FAUX News, it's pretty obvious what their purpose is. Catapult the propaganda, as the Chimp himself says.

The Dixie Chicks write their own songs, they have killer harmonies, they all play instruments and that alone makes them more talented than a lot of today's country singers, where Nashville often keeps singers and songwriters in seperate barns (so to speak) so they can control the output.

Buck Owens has been eulogized all over the world in the last couple of days for doing his music the way he wanted to, and the Dixie Chicks have done the same. I think Buck would have approved.

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They just plain suck.. Who fucking cares what they write or do? Anti Bush or Pro Bush, I could not give a shit..

Next...

KiD

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by The_KiD
    They just plain suck.. Who fucking cares what they write or do? Anti Bush or Pro Bush, I could not give a shit..

Next...

KiD
    Y'know, ya doon't see dis a lot.

Dis is a perfect post, by The_KiD.

uh uh uh u hu hu huh u hu hu hu h

I'm giving The_KiD mmmy vote t2o boost him up t2o 7 votes.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by blueturk

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right.
    They weren't so much blacklisted as they were ABANDONED by their audience.

The bottom line is this....

The primary fan base of country artists and country music are patriotic, flag-waving good ol' boys (and girls) who don't like it when you speak ill of the Commander in Chief. (Even if he is a clueless douche...)

They had to know what they were getting into before Natalie opened that giant cakehole of hers....

If not, then shame on them for not relating to their core audience.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thw whole incident was similar to the episode in 1966 when John Lennon joked about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus.

Never mind that the statement was the truth. In Jesus' last public appearance, He lost an opinion poll to a thief and murderer.

The same right wing reactionaries who burnt Beatles albums in 1966 were burning Dixie Chicks albums in 2003. Some people NEVER learn.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD
    I guess you forgot that Earl was a wife beating piece of shit
    No...I didn't forget that. And I certainly don't condone spousal abuse. I too found the song amusing and took it in the spirit in which it was intended.

My point was that for all the criticism they hand to other artists for doing what they perceive to be "lowbrow" anthems, they should realize that a song condoning murder (even in a comedic way) is not exactly "classy."

Do you support the death penalty, FORD? Or just vigilante justice when it's belted out in a catchy tune by three marginally attractive southern girls bouncing their titties around in a cutesy video?

I know I'm sounding argumentative and snippy...which is not my intent. I actually respect your arguments FORD, even though I don't agree with many of them.

It's obvious that you do your research and are very well-rounded.

Right or wrong...that's still cool.
    Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-27-2006 at 01:20 PM.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thw whole incident was similar to the episode in 1966 when John Lennon joked about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus.

Never mind that the statement was the truth. In Jesus' last public appearance, He lost an opinion poll to a thief and murderer.

The same right wing reactionaries who burnt Beatles albums in 1966 were burning Dixie Chicks albums in 2003. Some people NEVER learn.
    Were they da SAME people?

Aff they were da same peeps how come they never AGED 40 years between 1966 and 2003? huh

I thought so.

Da nexxt step is BIRD FLU!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Phil theStalker
    Were they da SAME people?

Aff they were da same peeps how come they never AGED 40 years between 1966 and 2003? huh

I thought so.

Da nexxt step is BIRD FLU!

They could have been literally the same people, or they could have been the descendants of the same people taught to believe the same stupid hatred.

What's the difference?

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Phil theStalker
    Y'know, ya doon't see dis a lot.

Dis is a perfect post, by The_KiD.

uh uh uh u hu hu huh u hu hu hu h

I'm giving The_KiD mmmy vote t2o boost him up t2o 7 votes.

Thank you Phil....

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    God, are you really this much of a hypocrtical stupid bitch?

The first to cry and moan about "FORD's censorship,"but anyone that disagrees with him is an "offender" now???

I see I was able to press your buttons.

I can play your reactions better than the Dixie Chicks can play their music.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No...I didn't forget that. And I certainly don't condone spousal abuse. I too found the song amusing and took it in the spirit in which it was intended.

My point was that for all the criticism they hand to other artists for doing what they perceive to be "lowbrow" anthems, they should realize that a song condoning murder (even in a comedic way) is not exactly "classy."

Do you support the death penalty, FORD? Or just vigilante justice when it's belted out in a catchy tune by three marginally attractive southern girls bouncing their titties around in a cutesy video?

I honestly can't remember ever seeing the video, but I don't have any problem with Southern girls bouncing their titties in any case. As for the death penalty, I have mixed feelings about it. DNA evidence has recently exonerated people who, tragically, were already executed for crimes they didn't commit. Guilt should be established beyond any reasonable doubt before the death penalty is even considered. If that's the case, a spousal murder with a history of abuse would definitely be on my list for the "Chair" or the "Needle" or whatever they do these days. However, I would NOT apply the death penalty to the wife who fought back in self defense. Though I wouldn't recommend throwing the body in the trunk and dumping him in the lake.

I know I'm sounding argumentative and snippy...which is not my intent. I actually respect your arguments FORD, even though I don't agree with many of them.

Thanks. And argue all you want in this forum. That's what it's for.

It's obvious that you do your research and are very well-rounded.

Right or wrong...that's still cool.
    I encourage everyone to do the same. Don't accept "FORD's Wacko Liberal Conspiracy Theories" and don't accept the BCE lies. Reasearch both, along with any other alternate views you can find on a subject and determine what sounds like the truth to YOU.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    THE BITEYOASS ONE LINER OF THE DAY!

I usually prefer the Dixin Chicks myself!

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    I see I was able to press your buttons.

I can play your reactions better than the Dixie Chicks can play their music.

Dat's why yoo're well liked here, BBB.

Yer like a little kitten amoung cats.

We sit around and say, "Watch da little kitten play wit da ball aff yarn and git all tangled up."

And then yoo doo tit.

Ah, youth.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    THE BITEYOASS ONE LINER OF THE DAY!

I usually prefer the Dixin Chicks myself!
    I like da DIxie Kikes, t2oo.

Is dat a O1ne LIner aff da Day? huh

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Dixie Chicks sing Goodbye Saddam

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

BTW, has anyone ever panned that half-assed drivel "Proud To Be An American" by that no name pedestrian opportunist Mark-whoever-he-is (and get a cheap and easy hit --even though the tune sucks)...
    That was Lee Greenwood, Nick.

So patriotic tunes are off limits now? I suppose that means no more national anthems at sporting events then?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The Beatles were never more popular than Jesus, and it was a joke.

FORD, the people who burned Beatles albums were primarily Democrats from the South.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Beatles were never more popular than Jesus, and it was a joke.

FORD, the people who burned Beatles albums were primarily Democrats from the South.
    Not in 1966 they weren't. They had all moved to the Republican party after LBJ signed the civil rights bill .

And Lennon wasn't entirely joking. Here's the full statement in context:

"Christianity will go," he said. "It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now. I don't know which will go first -- rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
    Lennon actually turned out to be a prophet. Both Rock n Roll (as Elvis & Chuck Berry intended) and Christianity (as Jesus intended) are pretty much dead these days

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ridiculous. Christianity is alive and well in the world today. Rock 'n roll, on the other hand, has been replaced by rap music in the mainstream.

Christianity only appears to be dead to you because of the kind of society we live in here in America, especially with liberalism on the march the last forty years.

Lennon was a good musician, great actually, but he wasn't too bright sometimes in matters pertaining to religion and faith or other aspects of life, like parenthood and marriage.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ridiculous. Christianity is alive and well in the world today. Rock 'n roll, on the other hand, has been replaced by rap music in the mainstream.

Christianity only appears to be dead to you because of the kind of society we live in here in America, especially with liberalism on the march the last forty years.

Lennon was a good musician, great actually, but he wasn't too bright sometimes in matters pertaining to religion and faith or other aspects of life, like parenthood and marriage.
    Like Cathedral's been saying lately, what passes for "Christianity" in this world (especially when it comes to politics) is far closer to Satan worship than it is the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Show me ONE leader of the so called "Christian right" who operates under the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Just one. I doubt you can.

Thread Information