Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 07:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks

DLR -Back on Air Friday in NYC

CBS: David Lee Roth Will Return Friday

CBS Radio spokesperson Karen Mateo tells R&R, "Contrary to erroneous reports, David Lee Roth has not been let go. He is on his way back from Miami and is scheduled to return to the air on Friday."

Roth's unscheduled day off on Wednesday certainly didn't help the rumor mill cycle down for the past 24 hours. According to Roth's website, he's in Miami, reportedly attending the Winter Music Conference, and the rumblings emanating from South Beach claimed Roth didn't get any sleep Monday night and needed some time off.

JV & Elvis, the midday duo on Roth's Free FM flagship WFNY/New York, were hastily pressed into service to fill in for Roth this morning, while night jock Booker is filling in on middays.

— Kevin Carter, R&R CHR/Pop Editor
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A Billion dollar corporation and they can't get their shit straight?
    It's not April 1st yet?

1.Why was his site down? (to much Traffic?).

2.Did they take the day off to negotiate?

3.Did they do this to check the response of the listeners?(they do this at a TV station I worked at..Fake cellphone messages to see the replies and if it's alot they will invest in the equipment for cellphone text msg's to the TV station.

4.All of this took 24 hours to report?(JV and Elvis couldn't tell the listeners that Dave had a hangover and was attending a fucking music convention?

5.Dave couldn't call in at JV and Elvis to say it himself?

*I still think CBS sux...Get a pirate station or call Ed.
    Last edited by bluemustard; 03-29-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

OKay...let's all take a deep breath....

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I remember not to long ago Artie Lange was sick...didn't come in the Howard Stern show.The shit was settled in less than an hour.
    They aired the phone message that he was sick etc.

I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS!!!

*Don't wanna sound like conspiracy freak.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Doesn't anybody think I made some good pointers there?
    Damn...

Another round of beer and some kroketjes for my man Ed.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2021 @ 12:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bluemustard
    It's not April 1st yet?

3.Did they do this to check the response of the listeners?(they do this at a TV station I worked at..Fake cellphone messages to see the replies and if it's alot they will invest in the equipment for cellphone text msg's to the TV station.

4.All of this took 24 hours to report?(JV and Elvis couldn't tell the listeners that Dave had a hangover and was attending a fucking music convention?

My thoughts exactly....for a Billion Dollar Corporation to not have their act together and dispell rumors from the onset is beyond reasonable. I guess, we, the listeners, according to CBS should not be privy to any information concerning our on-the-air personality....perhaps none of us count (let alone some of us are of the female gender) - I've never heard of such crapola with a major media network.

I hope Dave rethinks his radio career and returns to the Stage. CBS should eliminate Radio from their media base - no wonder ratings are crazy...it's the fault of the Management, NOT the Personality. Get your Act Together, CBS gum-grippers!!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks hun!!
    Now I can goto sleep in peace.
    I'll always have the chianti chilled for you!

Blue gives Bantonelli a goodnight kiss!
    I like women with spunk and intelligence! You got it babe!!!!!!!!

*Blue logs out

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    04-24-2010 @ 11:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

CBS: David Lee Roth Will Return Friday
    Read that Dave's mgr, Matt, got in a fight w/CBS-brass again, resulting in the suspension. Read elsewhere to not expect DLR's show to last much longer.

Really wish CBS would man-up and say what they're gonna do... Just the other day, Chiasano(sp) said that they'd give Dave some more time to generate an audience. But DLR IS hard to work with..

I've enjoyed the show so far, hate to say it, but Dave's:

Last edited by Faquar; 03-29-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's not April 1st yet?

Even if Dave comes back to the airwaves on Friday, which, of course, I'll be tuning in from the beginning of the show to hear what he's got to say.....I still smell a rat from the high rise offices of CBS.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks hun!!
    Now I can goto sleep in peace.
    I'll always have the chianti chilled for you!

Blue gives Bantonelli a goodnight kiss!
    I like women with spunk and intelligence! You got it babe!!!!!!!!

*Blue logs out

Blue...it looks as though we have thoroughly polished off this bottle or it is filled with a clear Chardonnay in it ? Either way, it was sipped, enjoyed and topped off with a wonderful Roth conversation, much to the delight of the two who shared this lovely vintage.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah BABY!!

Till the last drop...was delicious!
    We should do this more often!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

God DAM Bluemustard!

You have gotten more mileage out of that one pic in the past 24 hours than any other pic has gotten in the entire history of this site! (at least for the past year that I been here anyways...).

Speak the Truth
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    04-03-2006 @ 11:44 AM
    Status
    Thanks

they spent alot of money to set up a remote broadcast. It was suppose to be for 5 days, Dave was on for two days.. misses wednesday and ships back to New York , misses thursday and wll be on the air Friday. This is just one big mess. I do not believe that Dave was hung over or tired.. he has done shows when that occurred. None of this is a good sign. Miami turned into a fiasco... Dave could have been in Detroit because you could not tell he was in Miami. No show prep.. nothing to make it exciting, Dave needs a good producer that he will listen to.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    God DAM Bluemustard!

You have gotten more mileage out of that one pic in the past 24 hours than any other pic has gotten in the entire history of this site! (at least for the past year that I been here anyways...).

Yeah...that was pretty over the top uh?
    I've never photoshopped my ass off like that within 24 hours.
    Feel a bit guilty making fun with that pic.
    But at least I know the photographer made a crazy pic..caus Eddy don't really look like that.
    I mean..he looks pretty ok here:

By the way...I'm listening to JV and Elvis(which is fucking horrible on the eardrums..lol..but they just go "David will be back friday from the music convention".
    Were all the reports bogus then?
    Like the manager of Dave getting pissed at CBS (the reason why he was off the air etc)and that Dave is sure to be fired?
    I guess we'll have to wait till friday and hear it from the man himself.
    I'll wait till friday before I talk shit on the board like yesterday.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I wondered about the whole Miami thing. I listened Monday and it was like why bother? I thought he would have put a "spring break" feel to it or something.

Anyway, I didn't tune in Tuesday or Wednesday and then today I was like WTF???

Where the fuck is Dave? If he went back to NYC yesterday, why isn't he on the air today?

Not a good sign for future road trips to come.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

man I hope dave stays. was a real bummer hearing WBCN's terrible music selection!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how boring!

sorry to the nay sayers but lets see...... listen to dave wit and topics or listen to music that was overplayed in the 90's that I could stick in my cd player anytime I want but instead is collecting dust in favor of the great 80's music that lives on ?

no brainer! I cant imagine BCN's rating are better before dave like they say. its got to be horse shit.

anyway I am glad dave is still here and just on some recoup leave.

I was pretty bummed not to hear him yesterday and today.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If they gave Dave the chance I think the shows in Florida would have been maybe his best work ever on radio.
    He talked about the horn sections of the Miami soundmachine jammin on the streets many times.I liked his first show in Miami alot..but I felt like this is gonna be fuckin cooooooool!!!!This is gonna be a great fuckin week of rothRadio.
    CBS...Thanks alot!Y'all can really fucks stuff up.You have no respect.
    I couldn't wait for the phonecalls topics etc.
    The heat of the south brings out alot of stuff in a person.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bru87tr
    man I hope dave stays. was a real bummer hearing WBCN's terrible music selection!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how boring!

sorry to the nay sayers but lets see...... listen to dave wit and topics or listen to music that was overplayed in the 90's that I could stick in my cd player anytime I want but instead is collecting dust in favor of the great 80's music that lives on ?

no brainer! I cant imagine BCN's rating are better before dave like they say. its got to be horse shit.

anyway I am glad dave is still here and just on some recoup leave.

I was pretty bummed not to hear him yesterday and today.
    Yup. I turned on BCN and heard an overplayed Aerosmith tune....

this recoup leave is a bit concerning. He just took a vacation.

Something went waaay wrong with this Miami trip me thinks.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

There's still word that tomorrow may be Dave's swan song. Howard talked about it a bit. Here's a report of it from Mark's Friggin':

David Lee Roth Discussions. 03/30/06. 8:30am
    After the break Howard had a few things to read from the newspaper today. He said that there's some stuff going on back at his old station in the news. He also asked the guys to get more compression on his microphone because that might be part of his problem.
    Howard said that there's an article about David Lee Roth possibly losing his job at CBS. He said that Roth did some test shows for CBS and they knew exactly what he was going to be doing when he started over there. Now there's an article in the NY Post about how he might be let go. Howard said that Dave has been very vocal about how he doesn't want to change his show for CBS as they're asking him to. He said that he's been asked to make it more like Howard Stern's show and he doesn't want to go there. Robin and Howard were talking about how Dave may be caving in a little bit because he has been having on some guests like strippers and a Hank the Dwarf-like personality.

Howard read the NY Post article where John Mainelli points out that Roth was missing from his show yesterday. Management (like Tom Chiusano) isn't having a good time working with Dave and they're kind of upset about that. Howard said that they really need to give Dave a chance to make his show happen but now he's reading that Friday may be his final show. The story coming from CBS is that Dave was at a music festival and he didn't get enough sleep so he missed the show yesterday. Howard said that he's apparently been absent from his show for 2 days.

Howard said that his point is that the same CBS that is suing him will probably end up suing David Lee Roth. That's the rumor he's hearing anyway. They've been messing with his show from the start and not giving him a chance to make it his own. Howard said that CBS knew what they had from the beginning and if they do fire him, they have to pay the guy the 8 million they owe him. He has a feeling that they're going to screw Dave over just like they screw over other talent in their company.

Howard said that CBS knew what they had with Dave and even took out ads saying that they weren't going to have any more fart jokes with him. Howard said that CBS had better not sue this guy and better pay the guy. If they don't, they're making a big mistake. He's wondering when they're going to fired Joel Hollander for costing the company money. He said that the guy should stand up and admit that he has no idea what he's doing. He's a salesman who they moved up to fill in for Mel Karmazin when he left. Howard said Joel thinks that he's an expert but he's not.

Howard spent a few minutes going off on Joel Hollander and Leslie Moonves. He wonders when they're going to stand up and admit that they've filed a frivolous lawsuit and that they don't know what they're doing.

Howard said that Mel Karmazin was talking about how they have already asked Howard to stay on for another five years and they would give him the same deal he has now if he would do that. Howard said that's confidence right there. He said that Mel was also saying that he CBS lawsuit is without merit and they're surprised that they would waste their time with Howard.

Thread Information