• POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Brett Favre

Okay...I AM a Favray fan...

but WTF...THEY EXTEND HIS DEADLINE...

AGAIN...

FOR A THIRD TIME...

Now...if he retires...Aaron Rogers is your starter because all the free agents are gone...

although they could make a deal...

What's up with this Clemens syndrome?...where vets feel like they can take forever on this decision...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

he needs to retire, the packers are going to suck and i can just see farve getting decked early in the season and being forced to retire
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2005

He has a couple of good years left, although maybe with a different team. The Packers will suck.

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

he is long passed his prime
        he is just an interception machine now
        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

The interceptions come from the offense...and the fact that he had to focus on one guy...because he had nothing else to look at...

I DO agree that he's past his prime...and his arm isn't as strong as before...

but...he's still MORE than servicable...

and he said today...he'd only play 1 more year...and only for the Packers...if they improve...

which they haven't really done...

I think he's waiting to see what happens with Javon Walker...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Redballjets88
            he is just an interception machine now

That would be that sorry ass puke the Vikings traded away, Culpepper.

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

The consensus I guess around the league and Green Bay is that he has earned this right. He does want to see what happens with the Pack's transactions. And he has said '06 is the final season.

The Packers can't make enough moves to really win, even if the won the North and got into the playoffs, how far would they go?

It's over Brett. Play a season or 2 where you might have a shot if another ring means that much. Let the Pack rebuild and move on.

Like he said, his legacy is secure.

Comment

• Switch84
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Favre (and his Fudge Packers) SUCK!

Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
                WRONG! Favre sank 29 inteceptions last season, breaking his own sorry-assed record of 24 back in '92 (when he was an Atlanta Falcon). Dante didn't fuck up THAT badly, even before he got hurt.

As for Brett believing the hype that he's Green Bay's "Jesus", they say your mind is the first thing to go when you get old. If he wants to come back and get his ass crunched AGAIN by my Chi-town Posse, LET HIM! He must like eating the grass at Soldier Field, baby...

LMMFAOBT!!
                "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah...who did he have to throw to?

if Chicago had half as good a qb as Favray even now...

they'd actually be a threat in the playoffs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

And Favray never had 24 PASSES for Atlanta...

he had 24 picks in 1993...his second year in Green Bay...

You gotta give Favray credit...

he hasn't missed a game since 1992...

WOW...

and he's hurt a lot...

Comment

• vheddyrmv8
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2005

It's true Favre WAS good, but he is past his prime now. Even if Javon stays, which rumors are saying he wants out, I don't really see the Packers being any better than last year at this point. He'd be better to protect his legacy and retire, than to be partly responsible for another downfall.
                      http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

• Switch84
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

LMAO!

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Yeah...who did he have to throw to?

if Chicago had half as good a qb as Favray even now...

they'd actually be a threat in the playoffs...
                        Buwhahahha, thanks for the Favre 24 choke record info, Pojo! I know my Chi-town Posse has a 'Brokeback Quarterback', but even with Grossman making a brief appearance, Da Bears were still in the winners circle, baby! I want Rex gone and Griese may help tighten up that position. That's our only Achille's Heel, though. How many weapons does Green Bay have besides a beat-up Brett?

Chicago is a force to be reckoned with and will be in the winners circle AGAIN!
                        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

He should just retire and get back on the pain pills. Maybe father another kid or two out of wedlock.

Coming soon on "Behind The Glory":

Bret Favray and Chipper Jones discuss the fine line between balling, and good-ol' white trash.

Comment

• Switch84
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Giving up the ghost

Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
                            It's true Favre WAS good, but he is past his prime now. Even if Javon stays, which rumors are saying he wants out, I don't really see the Packers being any better than last year at this point. He'd be better to protect his legacy and retire, than to be partly responsible for another downfall.
                            This is an excellent post! Noone is denying what Farve WAS; we're saying he's not that NOW. He's not the first athlete that has had trouble letting go, but at some point he needs to face the truth, realize his best days are behind him and hang up the cleats. Even Joe Montana had to walk away from the game when he was past his prime.
                            Last edited by Switch84; 04-02-2006, 12:47 AM.
                            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
                              Nope and I'll one up you...

Jake Plummer anyone?

Fuck, I'm STILL pissed off about that AFC Championship game. Fuckin' no good hippie bastard.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...