X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

KISS 30th Anniversary Destroyer

This one actually looks like it might be worth picking up, even though it's another repackaging of stuff.

KISS and Universal Music have teamed up together again to bring out a special edition of the band's famous Destroyer album, in honor of the album's 30th anniversary. Officially the 30th anniversary took place last March, but for some reason they didn't make the deadline as the project got delayed. The new edition of Destroyer will now see the light of day on July 4th. According to a press release, there will be a 3-disc Deluxe Edition album consisting of two CD's and one DVD. Disc 1 is made up of the original 1976 album, the other CD contains demos, outtakes and different versions of the wellknown songs, while the DVD includes never before seen material from the band's archives. The tracklisting for the special edition of Destroyer is as follows: CD 1 - 'Detroit Rock City', 'King Of The Night Time World', 'God Of Thunder', 'Great Expectations', 'Flaming Youth', 'Sweet Pain', 'Shout It Out Loud', 'Beth', 'Do You Love Me?'. CD 2 - 'Detroit Rock City' (radio single mix), 'King Of The Night Time World' (instrumental), 'God Of Thunder' (outtake), 'Great Expectations' (alternate version), 'Flaming Youth' (radio single mix), 'Sweet Pain' (instrumental), 'Shout It Out Loud' (radio single mix), 'High And Low' (demo), 'Beth', 'Do You Love Me?' (demo), 'Flaming Youth' (alternate version), 'Ain't None Of Your Business' (demo), 'You've Got Nothing To Live For' (demo).
    Stay Frosty, muthas!
  • PumpedUpMidget
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2005

Destroyer is easily their best album, and one of the all time greats.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey, that looks pretty cool.

I still don`t rate "Destroyer" as Kiss` best LP, though.

I knew when the first set of remasters appeared with no bonus tracks etc. that eventually this kind of thing would happen.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Julius
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Sorry guys, but that press release was a April Fools joke.

Well, Saturday, April 1st has passed and it’s early Sunday morning overhere. We hope you all enjoyed our April Fool’s Day joke as much as we enjoyed preparing it during the days leading up to April 1… In no time, the joke was all over the KISS message boards (plus the “gossip board” on Metal Sludge) and even on some of the rock news sites. Of course, not all of you fell for it and immediately guessed it was an April Fool’s Day joke (we deliberately “overdid” it a bit by mentioning the Deluxe Edition package and a worldwide tour), but there were a lot of fans actually buying our “news” story (some even called the phone numbers that we made up at the end of the press release to see if they worked). The funniest thing was that some fans even thought we here at KISS Kollector Online were tricked, and that we really received a press release like that and fell for it!

Like some of you commented, this must have been one of the best KISS related April Fool’s Joke ever. It certainly was a lot of fun working on the idea and creating that “press release” (for the main part based on the actual press release for Psycho Circus), and we can’t thank the amazing designer Christopher Franchi enough for creating that awesome “advert” – he went out of his way making this fake project look so real. In fact, after seeing all the reactions that were posted yesterday, we kind of hope that this whole “hoax” triggered Paul & Gene to actually release something cool like that in the very near future. And we obviously hope that those of you who uptil now still thought it was for real, won’t be too disappointed or pissed off and will see the humor of it too. If not, we apologize – it was all in good fun (and despite to what a few of you have commented, we think it was in much better taste than the April Fool’s Day “reports” such as the one of Peter Criss having died or Paul Stanley having been assaulted by fans).

We especially would like to apologize to Jeff Suhs, Curt Gooch and Ken Sharp for using their names in the "press release" without notifying them in advance.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Great.

Let`s have a laugh with Kiss.
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Surely the best April Fool Kiss ever did was the one where they said they were on a farewell tour.

Boy, we all fell for that one.
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Julius
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
              Surely the best April Fool Kiss ever did was the one where they said they were on a farewell tour.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

They fooled a lot of folks. I got that from THE source for all things metal- Hardradio.com
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Joke or no joke, but that "30th anniversary of Destroyer" really made me feel fucking old....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Classic
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
                      Destroyer is easily their best album, and one of the all time greats.
                      Think it's one in a string of their best (KISS ALIVE, DESTROYER, ROCK AND ROLL OVER, LOVE GUN), but it has several fluff songs on it...

...speaking of fluffers, I read that Flaming Youth was a reference to Paul's period of employment at an all-male bath house on Fire Island during his late teens...
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

That sucks. I was really excited when I read that press release. The second disc and DVD had me wetting my appetite.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Yeah...maybe the fake will get the band to actually put it out.

There's money to be made, and think of the publicity-
                          KISS MAKES GOOD ON APRIL FOOLS HOAX

Can't buy that kind of pub.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Great.

Let`s have a laugh with Kiss.
                            the band is a laugh...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don`t get it.

What`s the point of fooling your fans about something they would genuinly be interested in buying?

Especially Kiss, who would sell you any old shit?

That package is a good idea.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...