• LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

It's Official..."News" as we know it has Gone To Hell in a Gucci Handbag

Couric to Announce Her Move on 'Today'

By Howard Kurtz
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, April 5, 2006; Page C07

Katie Couric plans to confirm this morning on "Today" that she is leaving the top-rated morning show after 15 years, and CBS will quickly announce, probably today, that she will take over the anchor chair once occupied by Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.

Couric, 49, decided yesterday to use the occasion of her 15th anniversary, when the NBC program will be reflecting on her tenure, to look forward to the next chapter in her career, said sources at both networks and people familiar with her thinking.

The sources, who first confirmed Couric's plans Monday, had expected the CBS negotiations to drag on a bit longer, but said now the network has wrapped up the negotiations and wants to go public as soon as Couric does.

Bob Schieffer, the current CBS anchor, who had made clear that he did not want to keep the job indefinitely, said yesterday: "I hope it is true. I've known Katie for many years; she's a first-rate reporter and a terrific interviewer. I love Katie and I think she'll love CBS News."

The move by Couric, who will remain at "Today" until her NBC contract expires in May, will have repercussions throughout the broadcast schedule. NBC, which is determined to maintain its morning ratings lead, has offered her job to Meredith Vieira of ABC's "The View" and the syndicated "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," who is still weighing the opportunity against family concerns. CBS is making a multimillion-dollar bet that Couric, who would be the first solo female anchor of a weekday network newscast, can boost the third-place "CBS Evening News."

Couric, who attracted enormous publicity while weighing her options, is said by those who know her to be brimming with ideas about how to adapt the evening newscast to her skills and personality.

The "Today" retrospective at 7:30 this morning will feature video clips of Couric over the years, followed by her comments about her departure, and will have a less celebratory tone than otherwise would have been the case. Couric is close to NBC chief executive Jeff Zucker, her original producer on "Today," the sources said, and has been trying to manage her departure without hurting relationships with him and other longtime colleagues at NBC.

The FIRST time she utters her fucking "anyway" in the anchor chair, I'm KILLING my television
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

If Uncle Walter were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave.

Jesus Tittie Fucking Christ, so much for the Fourth Estate.

Katie fucking Couric????

Evening News???????

Might as well change CBS to Chanel, Benetton, and Saks

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll bet Lauer is pissed.

He's sucked far more Chimp cock than she has. Probably thought the job was his.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

CBS deserves her. What a stupid network. They clamp down on David Lee Roth sucking all the color out of his show and they hire Katie Couric as an anchor. So much for the real reporters with brains going anywhere. At least hire someone cute who we can whack off to if brains are not needed.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

You guys still watch CBS?

Therein lies the problem.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
            Commando
            • May 2004

It is a shame Bob Shieffer is not younger. The wiley veteran has returned some respect back to the evening news. Ratings have improved with his evening news program. I feel Couric has made a huge error accepting this position.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bob Schieffer only got the job because his brother is the BCE ambassador to Japan.

Peter Jennings was the last network anchor with anything resembling objectivity. Now all three networks have corporate whores in front of the camera.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                You guys still watch CBS?

Therein lies the problem.

said the fool glued to Faux

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  said the fool glued to Faux
                  I only watch a couple hours of TV a day and FOX isn't one of my top ten choices.

The spin stops here, by the way.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                    Commando
                    • May 2004

Ford, what the hell does Japan have to do with Schieffer raising the ratings at CBS. They pulled a Michael Corleone on his ass. He wanted out and they pulled him back in. He is ecstatic that Couric is taking over so he can finally retire. Palestine Pete Jennings had objectivity?????

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the thread title. Hell in a Gucci Handbag...

classic!!
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                        I just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the thread title. Hell in a Gucci Handbag...

classic!!
                        shut up.
                        RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2006

By which I mean, "I love you".
                          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

In that case, what do you mean by "EAT MY ASSHOLE"?
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• jcook11
                              Commando
                              • Sep 2004

Maybe Ms. Couric will show do a series of reports on her Vagina

Comment

Working...